Newsom wants Title 42 to remain in place

Started by Romanticlover, Dec 14, 2022, 10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romanticlover

He said the state will be broken without it:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/newsom-says-california-break-flood-illegal-migrants-title-42-expires?intcmp=tw_fnc

I agree it needs to remain in place but this state is already broken because of failed Democrat policies, looks like Trump was right again.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Trump was right about what? Trump-era Title 42 policies, which allowed border officers to expedite the expulsion of illegal immigrants due to concerns about Covid. That was then, this is now.

Per the article you referenced:
~~~A court ordered the administration to stop using the Title 42 authority — which has been used since March 2020 to quickly return migrants to Mexico — after finding it to be unlawful.

The Biden administration is requesting billions in additional funding for the border as it predicts an enormous spike in migrant encounters when the Title 42 authority to quickly expel migrants due to the COVID-19 pandemic ends later this month. ~~~

This is not just about California. All border states need this relief. As previously discussed, Immigration is a Federal problem. The solution and burden cannot be on just the borders states because they are close to the problem. https://fantasysaloon.com/index.php?msg=8767

Too much sex is still not enough.

Danno

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 14, 2022, 10:35 AMthis state is already broken because of failed Democrat policies
I always appreciate it when a commenter digs into an issue and offers this kind of original insight.

Romanticlover

Quote from: bats on Dec 14, 2022, 03:18 PMI always appreciate it when a commenter digs into an issue and offers this kind of original insight.

Says the person who left a worthless comment...as usual.
Are we having fun yet?

Bande

Not a titke 42 nor Newskum info. Funny as shit though..

dogwalker

All is care about is whether my title (master) remains in place.

bats

Quote from: Bande on Dec 25, 2022, 11:44 AMNot a titke 42 nor Newskum info. Funny as shit though..

In what world is this depravity "funny as shit?" Trumpworld, I guess.

dogwalker

Terrible video.  Would have been way better if the anchor flashed her boobs.

dogwalker

My latest thoughts on immigration:
1. Blame:  don't blame Biden because if Trump had a comprehensive permanent solution it would not be Biden's problem today.  Don't blame Trump because if Obama had a comprehensive permanent solution it would not have become Trump's problem.....and so on.  The roots of the immigration issues go way back than just a few years.  Kind of like the homeless situation in CA.....each administration (mayors, governors) blames the last, even though the roots of it go way back and then each promises they will solve it but never do.

2. Why immigrate?  Why do many want to come to America?  To have a better life.  It's been like that a long time.  I'm not sure exactly how long but maybe over 100 years (excluding great depression), certainly since end of world war 2.
To escape issues in their countries.  Countries like Haiti, Cuba, El Salvador, and even Mexico have been screwed up a long time, way longer than just the past few years.

HighStepper

Quote from: dogwalker on Jan 14, 2023, 07:40 PMMy latest thoughts on immigration:
1. Blame:  don't blame Biden because if Trump had a comprehensive permanent solution it would not be Biden's problem today.  Don't blame Trump because if Obama had a comprehensive permanent solution it would not have become Trump's problem.....and so on.  The roots of the immigration issues go way back than just a few years.  Kind of like the homeless situation in CA.....each administration (mayors, governors) blames the last, even though the roots of it go way back and then each promises they will solve it but never do.

2. Why immigrate?  Why do many want to come to America?  To have a better life.  It's been like that a long time.  I'm not sure exactly how long but maybe over 100 years (excluding great depression), certainly since end of world war 2.
To escape issues in their countries.  Countries like Haiti, Cuba, El Salvador, and even Mexico have been screwed up a long time, way longer than just the past few years.

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA or the Simpson–Mazzoli Act) was passed by the 99th United States Congress and signed into law by U.S. President Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986.

2007 Bush sought immigration reform. Senate kills Bush immigration reform bill

2013 during the Obama administration the Senate passed and immigration reform bill but the House of Representatives did not pass it. Link

Trump did little to advocate for comprehensive immigration reform and don't see much coming from Biden with a filibuster Senate and now a Republican controlled House.

A cynical person could speculate that each political party likes to use the immigration issue as a political weapon against the other party.

Prior discussion briefly touched on dealing directly with the problem in the countries fueling immigration. https://fantasysaloon.com/index.php?msg=3547

Too much sex is still not enough.