Stock Market Dump

Started by Romanticlover, Sep 13, 2022, 06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

Don't forget in 2018 all the stock market gains for the entire year were wiped out, gone...
Like Like x 1 View List

Fathernature69

Quote from: Danno on Sep 14, 2022, 11:00 AMLived there, I would drive around that state. Upper class income is $50,000/ yr

I have two relatives who live outside of Tulsa.  They make a combined well in excess of six figures. 

I am interviewing for a job there and the salaries we are discussing are well beyond 50,000 salary you mentioned.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Sep 14, 2022, 07:40 PMThese students can pay their own way, why should the working class who don't go to Ivy League schools pay for those who do?

What about those Americans who don't want to pay for the United States spending more on defense than the next 9 countries combined? Not cease spending, but more than NINE COUNTRIES...What if they only want it to be more than the next 2-3, which is still BILLIONS of their dollars spent?

Romanticlover

Those weapons are being used in the Ukraine, remember Biden giving $20 billion worth of weapons to them earlier this year? Our tax dollars at work for a good cause.

As for other states, it is cheaper to live there as opposed to CA, you can buy a nice house and land for less money.
It seems a certain person who runs this website did that recently.
Are we having fun yet?

Romanticlover

Quote from: bats on Sep 15, 2022, 01:31 AMSuch a great point! Also, why should people who don't have children pay taxes that fund public schools? And why should anyone who doesn't drive a car or ride a bus pay taxes that fund public roadways?

And why should healthy people pay for the cost of public hospitals? And if I don't visit national parks, why should I have to pay taxes that go toward their upkeep?

We can finally agree on something, even if it was sarcasm.
Are we having fun yet?

Romanticlover

They raised the prime rate as I suspected and the Dow is down 445 pts so far today.

"Everything is great"- President potato head
Like Like x 1 View List
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

until the oil companies stop gouging us, things aren't going to get better. price of oil is down $40 a barrel from what it was in June.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Fathernature69

Quote from: Danno on Sep 23, 2022, 10:18 AMuntil the oil companies stop gouging us, things aren't going to get better. price of oil is down $40 a barrel from what it was in June.

I am a fan on electric cars.  They are cleaner and require less maintenance. 

However check out the prices.  80K for the long range tesla.  I can buy a new Toyota hybrid fir 36K.  That is a lot of gasoline and the new Camrey hybrids get 55mpg. 

2 years ago the average incentive was 5k on a new car.  Now dealers are adding on $5-$10K market adjustments.  Auto makers are producing less cars and making more $$$.

Gas will go down when Russia/Ukraine war ends.  Or it will contine to go up if other counties involvement goes up. 

dogwalker

I don't invest in the market and I do little driving.

Fishhunter

I took all my money out of the stock market.
Got tired of seeing my money disappeared. Everybody says don't worry it'll go back up.....
LOL
I'll just have to wait and see
Life is what you make it

dogwalker

Historically the stock market has always gone up eventually so far.  The issue is how long one cares to wait for that to happen.  Sometimes there can be a dramatic reverse in a few months.  Other times it takes more than 10 years. 
Like Like x 1 View List

Romanticlover

Quote from: Fathernature69 on Sep 26, 2022, 09:52 PMGas will go down when Russia/Ukraine war ends.  Or it will contine to go up if other counties involvement goes up. 

I doubt it, the price jumped again because of "refinery issues"...yeah right.
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

FINANCE
Bank of America CEO says latest spending and savings data show that the U.S. consumer is healthy

Bank of America's customers continue to spend freely, using their credit cards and other payment methods for 10% more transaction volume in September and the first half of October than a year earlier, CEO Brian Moynihan said.
Customers' account balances remain higher than before the coronavirus pandemic struck in early 2020, Moynihan said, indicating that they were in a good position to continue spending.
Finally, consumer credit remains pristine, with late-payment metrics still well below pre-2020 averages, indicating that so far, customers have had little difficulty keeping up with their debt.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Sep 28, 2022, 07:23 PMI doubt it, the price jumped again because of "refinery issues"...yeah right.

In other words, greed by the oil company. Which has nothing to do with the government

Romanticlover

Quote from: Blkfyre on Oct 17, 2022, 12:35 PMIn other words, greed by the oil company. Which has nothing to do with the government

I agree it's greed but Newsom and the Democrats want to impose a tax on oil companies which will be passed on to the consumer.

https://www.npr.org/2022/10/08/1127647965/california-gas-prices-oil-profits-legislature-newsom

Typical tax and spend, where's the .53 a gallon gas tax going now?
Are we having fun yet?