Stock Market Dump

Started by Romanticlover, Sep 13, 2022, 06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogwalker

Quote from: Romanticlover on Nov 09, 2022, 03:56 PMAnother bad day on Wall St: Dow down 600+ pts, Bitcoin down 14% and Zuckerberg is going to layoff 11.000 employees
We are in a recession but Pres. Potatohead keeps saying everything is great.

It's great for me.....and that's pretty much all I care about.
I do not invest in the stock market or bitcoin.
I do not work for Facebook.
High interest rates are mostly good for me.

Just note.....if the Fed does not inflict some short term pain then inflation could go even higher and that could be even more painful.....perspective.....

dogwalker

Quote from: Blkfyre on Nov 09, 2022, 05:57 PMHmmm, apparently, professional financial people have a different opinion than yours, saying that its conservatives who are the ones to blame for the Dow being down:

That was probably true that one day BUT in a bigger perspective the main reason the stock market is trending down over the last YEAR is because the Federal Reserve has been raising interest rates and in the macro-economy that can create a recession which would drive the market down as a whole. Federal Reserve is (supposed to be) independent of politics so.......

Fathernature69

Quote from: dogwalker on Nov 09, 2022, 07:17 PMIt's great for me.....and that's pretty much all I care about.
I do not invest in the stock market or bitcoin.
I do not work for Facebook.
High interest rates are mostly good for me.

Just note.....if the Fed does not inflict some short term pain then inflation could go even higher and that could be even more painful.....perspective.....

That may be your situation.

But for me and the majority of the working class investing in the stockmarket is a must. 

I would respectfully disagree about this being short term: I believe we're repeating the period from 1977 to 1982.  Even, our federal reserve president has said they expect to keep rates higher and longer than expected.

dogwalker

Yeh that's my situation, thankfully....lol.

Investing in stock market is a MUST ???   To me that just seems puzzling, greedy, risky, and not entirely necessary...  Careful investors don't invest any more than they are willing to completely lose and then (in theory) they would not need to complain about losses if they occur.  Perhaps the problem is many Americans are between a rock and a hard place where they seem to be "forced" to do stupid stuff due to their financial situations....or mismanagement.

1977 to 1982 was an exception.....typically high interest rates periods last 1-2 years if they are effective.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Nov 09, 2022, 06:55 PMSo now it's the Republicans fault for not winning enough seats. lol

Q: When do the Democrats take responsibility for fucking everything up?
A: Never, it's always someone else fault

The response I had and the links where financial analysts said it was REPUBLICANS who caused it

Quote from: Romanticlover on Nov 09, 2022, 06:55 PMAnother bad day on Wall St: Dow down 600+ pts, Bitcoin down 14% and Zuckerberg is going to layoff 11.000 employees
We are in a recession but Pres. Potatohead keeps saying everything is great.

dogwalker

Inflation down, market way up today in anticipation of a slowing of interest rate increases BUT
     that's just the mood for today
     fed goal is 2% inflation and we're still a long way from that at 7.7%
     so once investors realize more interest rate increases are on the way, possibly all during 2023, the market will drop

Romanticlover

The stock market is up big time today.
Who gets credit for that? lol
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

Grid lock is the reason
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Fathernature69

Quote from: dogwalker on Nov 10, 2022, 09:26 AMInflation down, market way up today in anticipation of a slowing of interest rate increases BUT
     that's just the mood for today
     fed goal is 2% inflation and we're still a long way from that at 7.7%
     so once investors realize more interest rate increases are on the way, possibly all during 2023, the market will drop

Don't forget the 5% unemployment goal of the Federal Reserve.

dogwalker

Quote from: Romanticlover on Nov 10, 2022, 09:57 AMThe stock market is up big time today.
Who gets credit for that? lol

the people that bought stock....duh....no one else....dirrectly