5th Circuit Court ruling on DACA

Started by Romanticlover, Oct 06, 2022, 05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuscano

SMH. We should be thankful immigrants still want to come to the USA! The world is experiencing an aging population AND a population DECLINE! Soon there will be competition for immigrants! WHY? Who do you think is going to pay for your Social Security/medicare with both an aging and declining population?!?
Vorresti essere me

Romanticlover

I(and most Americans) don't have a problem with LEGAL immigrants.
Current Federal laws:
They have to have a passport to enter the US
If a visitor wishes to stay in the US then they must get a visa which is renewed every 6 months
After one year a visitor can apply for permanent residency(green card)
A permanent resident can apply for US citizenship

We have laws made by Congress for a reason.
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

A federal judge in Texas on Friday extended an order temporarily allowing hundreds of thousands of young immigrants enrolled in a program to work and study in the U.S. without fear of being deported.

U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen of Houston had ruled last year that the decade-old Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program was unlawful, but allowed it to stay intact as advocates appealed his ruling. In a decision last week, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals sent the case back to Hanen, saying he should consider whether a new rule issued by the Biden administration impacts his findings.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/federal-judge-temporarily-allows-daca-protections-continue-rcna52339

Romanticlover

'At a hearing Friday, Hanen ordered attorneys in the case to provide more information and said he expects additional legal arguments related to the new rule. While he did not not lay out a timetable for the case moving forward, the current protections are expected to remain in place for at least several more months as each side presses their case.'

All he did was kick the can down the road without solving the problem.
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 14, 2022, 04:51 PM'At a hearing Friday, Hanen ordered attorneys in the case to provide more information and said he expects additional legal arguments related to the new rule. While he did not not lay out a timetable for the case moving forward, the current protections are expected to remain in place for at least several more months as each side presses their case.'

All he did was kick the can down the road without solving the problem.

But while doing so, made sure that the program, and those in it remained legal.

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 14, 2022, 04:51 PMAll he did was kick the can down the road without solving the problem.
Did you really expect him to just tell the 5th Circuit to fuck right off? It doesn't work that way. LOL

Romanticlover

Quote from: bats on Oct 14, 2022, 06:17 PMDid you really expect him to just tell the 5th Circuit to fuck right off? It doesn't work that way. LOL

Yes it does work that way batbrain, the 5th Circuit kicked it back to him.
We need this to go to the SCOTUS to make a decision and solve the problem.

I really feel sorry for the kids(dreamers) but I blame their parents for coming to our country and not filing out the proper paperwork. We are a nation of laws and everyone has to fill out paperwork for jobs, to open a bank account, get a DL, vote, etc.

I can't walk into Canada or Mexico and say "give me a DL and free shit", they would just laugh and tell me to GTFO.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 14, 2022, 06:40 PMYes it does work that way batbrain, the 5th Circuit kicked it back to him.
They sent it back to him with instructions to consider the newer version of the rule set to take effect on October 31st. With that instruction from a higher court, he can't very well just say, "Well, I've considered it, and that's that."

Now, eventually, it probably will go to SCOTUS, where the extremist Trump appointees will join fellow nutjobs Thomas and Alito in invalidating the whole program.

Romanticlover

Quote from: bats on Oct 14, 2022, 07:23 PMNow, eventually, it probably will go to SCOTUS, where the extremist Trump appointees will join fellow nutjobs Thomas and Alito in invalidating the whole program.

I hope it is invalidated.

Fill out the proper paperwork or GTFO of my country.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 14, 2022, 07:32 PMI hope it is invalidated.

Fill out the proper paperwork or GTFO of my country.
You make it sound like you built the fucking place. But you're only a citizen because you were born here, and each and every one of us is a descendant of people who weren't born here.

Romanticlover

My ancestors were here before this was a country, some fought in the Revolutionary War, some fought in the Civil War, many fought in WWII. I was born here and served in the military, I also have paid income taxes since I was 17. It's my country and I care about it.

The law applies to everyone regardless where they came from.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 14, 2022, 08:35 PMMy ancestors were here before this was a country, some fought in the Revolutionary War, some fought in the Civil War, many fought in WWII. I was born here and served in the military, I also have paid income taxes since I was 17. It's my country and I care about it.
My bad. I didn't realize you were Native American.