Biden asks Saudi's to hold off on cuts

Started by Romanticlover, Oct 13, 2022, 04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romanticlover

Biden asked Saudi Arabia and OPEC to hold off on oil cuts until after the mid-term elections:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/13/biden-admin-asked-saudi-arabia-to-postpone-opec-cut-by-a-month-saudis-say.html

I would say that's an impeachable offense.

Here's a novel idea: how about letting oil companies in the US drill for more oil so we can be more energy independent
Like Like x 1 View List
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

Oil Co. have no interest in drilling, has nothing to do with letting them. They don't want to.

"Investors in energy stocks have been a bit thrown off by the volatility, so they're looking more for energy firms to pay back down their debt, or return money to shareholders, rather than going and investing in new wells — even if those new wells would be profitable," Ashworth said.

In other words, many companies are choosing to enjoy their high profits rather than increase the supply of oil. That's despite the relatively low oil price they would need to turn a profit. On a different Dallas Fed question, executives said oil prices between $23 and $38 a barrel, on average, would cover the cost of drilling new wells.

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

dogwalker

I'd like to ask the Saudis to let me into Mecca......won't happen.

Romanticlover

I'll pass on dancing around a meteorite.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: dogwalker on Oct 13, 2022, 08:06 PMI'd like to ask the Saudis to let me into Mecca......won't happen.
Ask Jared Kushner how he got 2 billion from the Saudis. Just try for 1%. $20 million would be nice.
Too much sex is still not enough.

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 13, 2022, 04:47 PMBiden asked Saudi Arabia and OPEC to hold off on oil cuts until after the mid-term elections:

That seems indicative of the bullshit impeachment scenarios we are likely to see after the midterms. Making poor policy decisions is NOT an impeachable offence under the Constitution.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

Quote from: HighStepper on Oct 14, 2022, 12:01 AMThat seems indicative of the bullshit impeachment scenarios we are likely to see after the midterms. Making poor policy decisions is NOT an impeachable offence under the Constitution.

Sort of like what the Democrats did to Trump for making a phone call to the Ukrainian President.
Biden is making poor policy decisions everyday and our nation is suffering.
Like Like x 1 View List
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 13, 2022, 04:47 PMBiden asked Saudi Arabia and OPEC to hold off on oil cuts until after the mid-term elections:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/13/biden-admin-asked-saudi-arabia-to-postpone-opec-cut-by-a-month-saudis-say.html

Here's a novel idea: how about letting oil companies in the US drill for more oil so we can be more energy independent

Here's a novel idea: Oil companies voluntarily lower gas prices

Danno

that's right, fixing our roads and lowering drug prices are really bad.
Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 14, 2022, 06:30 AMSort of like what the Democrats did to Trump for making a phone call to the Ukrainian President.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

The roads in Cali are shit, in fact a recent poll said Cali had the worst roads in the nation.
https://www.kget.com/news/state-news/california-roads-are-worst-in-the-country-new-analysis-finds/

We pay .53 a gallon in state gas taxes, where is all that money going?
Democrats control this state but it's falling apart with shit roads, crime and homelessness.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 14, 2022, 06:30 AMSort of like what the Democrats did to Trump for making a phone call to the Ukrainian President.
Generally speaking, presidents don't get impeached over policy disagreements. Because that would be idiotic.

And you can't seriously be comparing Trump's attempt to extort the Ukrainian president with Biden's request that the Saudis hold off on cutting oil production until they at least have another meeting of the OPEC+ countries.

Romanticlover

Quote from: bats on Oct 14, 2022, 01:35 PMGenerally speaking, presidents don't get impeached over policy disagreements. Because that would be idiotic.

Trumps impeachment was a witchhunt by the Democrats and it failed.

QuoteAnd you can't seriously be comparing Trump's attempt to extort the Ukrainian president with Biden's request that the Saudis hold off on cutting oil production until they at least have another meeting of the OPEC+ countries.

Yes I am, both were a stupid decision by a President.

Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 14, 2022, 04:24 PMTrumps impeachment was a witchhunt by the Democrats and it failed.

It amazes me that people believe this shit because Trump and his media allies told them so. Why don't people pay attention to the actual facts rather than listen to partisan liars?

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 14, 2022, 04:24 PMYes I am, both were a stupid decision by a President.

Why do you think Trump's "perfect phone call" was a stupid decision?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 14, 2022, 04:24 PMTrumps impeachment was a witchhunt by the Democrats and it failed.

Yes I am, both were a stupid decision by a President.

It didn't fail. He was impeached. Unfortunately, the Senate lead by McConnell colluded with the white house and did not do their job.

Bande

Quote from: Danno on Oct 13, 2022, 06:49 PMOil Co. have no interest in drilling, has nothing to do with letting them. They don't want to.

"Investors in energy stocks have been a bit thrown off by the volatility, so they're looking more for energy firms to pay back down their debt, or return money to shareholders, rather than going and investing in new wells — even if those new wells would be profitable," Ashworth said.

In other words, many companies are choosing to enjoy their high profits rather than increase the supply of oil. That's despite the relatively low oil price they would need to turn a profit. On a different Dallas Fed question, executives said oil prices between $23 and $38 a barrel, on average, would cover the cost of drilling new wells.

Actually they would love to.
Problem is why would they invest $$ to produce with a hostile administration that blatantly stated they would put fossil fuel out of business.
They would have to have some kind of agreement made with a change of this Administrations look on fossil fuels. Therefore it is unlikely to happen till a change of administration..