Republicans Win the House.

Started by HighStepper, Nov 16, 2022, 03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

Republicans have secured the 218 seats needed to win a majority in the House of Representatives.
Link

Too much sex is still not enough.

HighStepper

dogwalker

It's a majority and by law gives them certain powers but they could easily lose their thin lead the next election. 

HighStepper

Quote from: dogwalker on Nov 16, 2022, 06:28 PMIt's a majority and by law gives them certain powers but they could easily lose their thin lead the next election. 

The big question is NOW WHAT?

Republicans campaigned on the problems of high gas prices, inflation, crime, the border, and other assorted culture war issues.

Will the House Republicans put fort legislation to address the problems they called out, or will they simply spend their time with an endless round of investigations to feed the MAGA Right Wing?

Danno

another few million Gen Z voters in 2 yrs
Quote from: dogwalker on Nov 16, 2022, 06:28 PMIt's a majority and by law gives them certain powers but they could easily lose their thin lead the next election. 

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

eldritch

Now the wheeling and dealing starts, since both parties need both branches to pass legislation.

Romanticlover

Nancy is stepping down from a leadership role, although she didn't say today, this is most likely her last term.

As for the Republicans winning the House, McCarthy is the new speaker and he said his first order of business is investigating Hunter to see if his father did anything illegal(as I suspected).
Like Like x 1 View List
Are we having fun yet?

Romanticlover

The same can be said of the Democrats in the Senate.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Nov 17, 2022, 04:17 PMAs for the Republicans winning the House, McCarthy is the new speaker and he said his first order of business is investigating Hunter to see if his father did anything illegal(as I suspected).
McCarthy isn't the new speaker yet. He reportedly got 188 Republican votes in a closed-door session on Tuesday, but he'll need 30 additional votes when the full House votes next year. It's not a done deal by any means.

Bande

Trump is Running. I prefer Desantis.
Florida is completely Red.
Elon took over Twitter.
Majority in the Supreme Court.
Control of the House.
Roe Vs Wade Overturned.
Republicans win Popular vote.
Nancy Pelosi Fired.
Parents fighting back.
Cheer up We are winning.
Can not get rid of this ROT overnight.
And NOW ChinaBiden under criminal investigation...
Now all the DEMONCRATS start with more media manipulation to hide they are LOSING. LOL

bats

Quote from: Bande on Nov 17, 2022, 07:00 PMAnd NOW ChinaBiden under criminal investigation...
Wait, when did this happen? I get that the Republicans are going to start investigating every conspiracy theory their lunatic members can come up with, but that's not the same as being under criminal investigation.

Danno

the only reason that Florida is red, is gerrymandering
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Nov 17, 2022, 07:00 PMTrump is Running. I prefer Desantis.
Florida is completely Red.
Elon took over Twitter.
Majority in the Supreme Court.
Control of the House.
Roe Vs Wade Overturned.
Republicans win Popular vote.
Nancy Pelosi Fired.
Parents fighting back.
Cheer up We are winning.
Can not get rid of this ROT overnight.
And NOW ChinaBiden under criminal investigation...
Now all the DEMONCRATS start with more media manipulation to hide they are LOSING. LOL

Stop listening to the delusional YouTube talking heads dude. Pelvis wasn't fired, she's stepping down. If you have proof otherwise (OTHER than a YouTube talking head) please post it

HighStepper

Quote from: Blkfyre on Nov 18, 2022, 02:49 PMStop listening to the delusional YouTube talking heads dude. Pelosi wasn't fired, she's stepping down. If you have proof otherwise (OTHER than a YouTube talking head) please post it

You have to understand right wing logic. Pelosi was fired by the voters because democrats did not keep the House.

Blkfyre

Quote from: HighStepper on Nov 18, 2022, 03:35 PMYou have to understand right wing logic. Pelosi was fired by the voters because democrats did not keep the House.

Funny that they didn't think the same when Trump was booted...