Trump calls for termination of the Constitution

Started by Blkfyre, Dec 03, 2022, 03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/03/politics/trump-constitution-truth-social/index.html

Former President Donald Trump called for the termination of the Constitution to overturn the 2020 election and reinstate him to power Saturday in a continuation of his election denialism and pushing of fringe conspiracy theories.

"Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution," Trump wrote in a post on the social network Truth Social and accused "Big Tech" of working closely with Democrats. "Our great 'Founders' did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!"

Oh yeah. We DEFINITELY want to elect someone who wants to throw out the Constitution because they can't admit THEY LOST...

Blkfyre

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

But yeah, Biden has issues...

2150148evad

Hi all, I'm new, started partaking in Apr 2022, b4 that long time mute lurker

dogwalker

I'm not sure what Emily's problem is.  I can usually understand Trump perfectly fine.  Yes he is not a traditional political speaker.  He's no orator for sure. He rambles and repeats himself a lot.  He gets obsessed with certain ideas and won't let go of them even in the face of overwhelming evidence against it. He comes up with some pretty out there stuff (see below)  But he does speak English and clearly can get a crowd's attention.

I only get the end of a news story today.  Did he actually suggest suspending the Constitution so he can take over as President before the next election?

bats

Quote from: dogwalker on Dec 04, 2022, 06:23 PMI only get the end of a news story today.  Did he actually suggest suspending the Constitution so he can take over as President before the next election?
You cannot view this attachment.

This is what he posted to his social platform after Elon Musk gave a reporter some "internal" Twitter emails that showed Twitter responded to requests in 2020 from the Biden campaign and the DNC to remove tweets containing pics of Hunter's dick and of Hunter smoking crack with hookers. (I'm not kidding.)

A lot of right-wingers want to believe that this "story" has finally proved what they've been saying all along, which is that "Big Tech" was in cahoots with the government in suppressing the story of the Hunter Biden laptop, thus helping to get Joe Biden elected president.

These right-wingers apparently think that a presidential campaign and the DNC are part of the government, which of course they are not. Also, Twitter handled the requests of their own volition, which they can do because they, too, are non-governmental actors.

It is the biggest non-story in the history of non-stories, but Trump is jumping on it to pour gasoline onto the fire that continues to smolder among some of his more ardent supporters--that fire being the idea that the election was stolen and Trump should rightfully be president.

HighStepper

QuoteDo you really think Biden would of gotten elected if the Hunter laptop shit was not covered up.

Most definitely. The majority of the voters did not want Trump in both elections. Trump was so not wanted again that it was "ah fuck, OK Biden then."
Too much sex is still not enough.

HighStepper

Trump supporters, how does this work.

When Trump was inaugurated president of the United he took the presidential oath of office, placing his left hand on the bible, raising his right hand swearing to defend The Constitution.
  • When he is no longer the President, is he no longer bound by the oath he took?
  • But, if he is still the President as he claims, would he not be still bound by the oath?
  • If he becomes president again he would have to take the oath to defend the Constitution.
So please Trump supporters, explain to us how this all works.

dogwalker

If the Constitution was suspended that would also end something Trump's supporters care very deeply about which is the right to bear arms.  It will never happen.....hopefully.

HighStepper

Quote from: dogwalker on Dec 05, 2022, 06:02 PMIf the Constitution was suspended that would also end something Trump's supporters care very deeply about which is the right to bear arms.... 

Lol. Good one.

bats

Quote from: dogwalker on Dec 05, 2022, 06:02 PMIf the Constitution was suspended that would also end something Trump's supporters care very deeply about which is the right to bear arms.  It will never happen.....hopefully.
For obvious reasons, it would never happen legally, but Trump doesn't care about that. His statement is meant to signal to his most radical supporters that it is time to take matters into their own hands. He wants violence and chaos. That's what he wanted (and got) on January 6th.

It's difficult to imagine an attack on the Capitol happening again. But we saw two power substations in North Carolina knocked out with gunfire yesterday. They don't know who did it yet, but officials have said it wasn't a random attack. Was it right-wing extremists? I don't know, but the Department of Homeland Security just recently issued a bulletin warning of a heightened risk of domestic terror attacks by ideologically motivated assholes.

dogwalker

Yeh it's interesting when you look at who has caused incidents of substantial terrorism within the US.
Excluding 9/11 and the 1993 attack on the World Trade Center it seems most have been committed by US citizens not those "damn foreigners" we are all supposed to be afraid of.
Who is generally involved in the mass shootings we have nearly daily now?  Not many foreigners.

Danno

Fox News was on at the Gym, Tucker said that no assault rife was ever used in a mass shooting.  Head up his ass syndrome.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

HighStepper

Quote from: Danno on Dec 06, 2022, 10:20 AMFox News was on at the Gym, Tucker said that no assault rife was ever used in a mass shooting.  Head up his ass syndrome.

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers Link

The arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

No reasonable viewer would take Carlson to be truthful.