George Santos

Started by HighStepper, Jan 11, 2023, 10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

You cannot view this attachment.
Too much sex is still not enough.

dogwalker

He should quit Congress and join the circus.   Another clown.

Romanticlover

He needs to resign immediately but there isn't much McCarthy can do, it will take a ethics committee to vote him out but it's rare to expel a member of Congress.
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

McCarthy is backing him. Last night he said he could be voted out in 2 years. The 1st thing he did was get rid of the ethics committee.
Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 12, 2023, 05:23 AMHe needs to resign immediately but there isn't much McCarthy can do, it will take a ethics committee to vote him out but it's rare to expel a member of Congress.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

McCarthy said he won't put Santos on any important committees while I think he shouldn't be on any committees.
Many Republicans are also calling on Santos to resign, LE is investigating whether he committed any crimes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/mccarthy-says-embattled-rep-santos-not-get-seated-top-committees-rcna65295

As you can read in the article the ethics committee is still intact.

"I try to stick by the Constitution. The voters elected him to serve. If there is a concern and he has to go through the Ethics, we'll let him move through that, but right now, the voters have a voice in the decision ... so he will continue to serve," McCarthy said.

Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Changes to House Ethics Rules for the New Congress
January 10, 2023 Link

Republicans are facing criticism after voting for changes to the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) that may significantly weaken
its ability to investigate ethical violations by members of Congress. Link

Danno

Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) addressed the controversy surrounding freshman Rep. George Santos (R-NY) on Wednesday, saying he wouldn't keep the New York Republican off committees as he faces ethics complaints and calls to resign for fabricating parts of his background.

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 12, 2023, 09:55 AMMcCarthy said he won't put Santos on any important committees while I think he shouldn't be on any committees.
Many Republicans are also calling on Santos to resign, LE is investigating whether he committed any crimes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/mccarthy-says-embattled-rep-santos-not-get-seated-top-committees-rcna65295

As you can read in the article the ethics committee is still intact.

"I try to stick by the Constitution. The voters elected him to serve. If there is a concern and he has to go through the Ethics, we'll let him move through that, but right now, the voters have a voice in the decision ... so he will continue to serve," McCarthy said.

Danno

McCarthy said, I try to stick by the Constitution. my drink came out my nose when I read that. The night he was elected to speaker he said he was true to the country not the constitution. To hard to read it I guess.

Romanticlover

There are four ways George Santos leaves Congress:
1. He resigns
2. He is recalled by a special election or the next election
3. Is convicted of a felony
4. Congress can expel one of its members if they get 2/3 vote
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Kevin McCarthy is a feckless leader and weakest Speaker of the house. His mush mouth responses related to George Santos are pathetic.

When the wicked bitch of the west was Speaker she took deliberate moves to strip pervert Anthony Weiner of his committee assignments and boot him out of Congress.

HighStepper

Partial list of George Santos lies.
•   Lying about where he went to school - Santos has admitted that he did not attend the universities he had previously claimed on his resume. The New York Times subsequently reported that some Santos staffers uncovered that and other lies in 2021, and left his staff when he refused to end his campaign.
•   Lying about where he worked - Santos has admitted lying about this as well.
•   Lying about owning a number of rental properties - Santos claimed to own a series of rental properties but later acknowledged he didn't.
•   Lying about being robbed of his rent money - Santos said he was once mugged while on his way to pay his rent in Queens. The NYPD has no record of such a robbery.
•   Lying about being Jewish - Santos repeatedly said during his campaign he was a proud American Jew - but later backtracked and identified as "Jew-ish" after reporting raised questions about his ethnicity.
•   Lying about his criminal status in Brazil - Santos has stridently denied committing crimes in Brazil or anywhere else, but Brazilian prosecutors have moved to reopen a years-old fraud case against him.
•   Lying to donors - CNBC reported that Santos' staff impersonated staffers for now-House Speaker Kevin McCarthy in order to raise funds from wealthy donors. Santos' lawyer would not answer CNBC's question about whether Santos knew of the deception.
•   Lying about his athletic accomplishments - Long Island GOP officials said Santos told them he was a star volleyball player at Baruch College. He also told a radio show in 2020 that he had a full scholarship to Baruch to play volleyball, and that he had both knees replaced as a result of his athletic career. He has since acknowledged he never attended Baruch, and there is no evidence his knees have been replaced.
•   Lying about the timing of his mother's death - Santos has publicly said that the 9/11 attacks claimed his mother's life, though she died in 2016 and there is no evidence of a connection.
•   Lying about his campaign finances - Santos has denied any improprieties in his fundraising, but law enforcement sources tell News 4 that federal prosecutors are looking into his campaign finances amid claims of fraud and improper donations.
•   Lying about his name - Santos says his full name is George Anthony Devolder Santos, and he campaigned and serves as George Santos. But the New York Times and Washington Post reported that as recently as 2019, he appeared at events billed as Anthony Devolder, and was identified to external clients by his employer as George Devolder.
•   Lying to investors - Santos worked at a firm, Harbor City, that was later shut down by the SEC as a Ponzi scheme. But he is accused of purportedly telling investors the firm was "100% legitimate," even after allegedly being warned the bank was accused of circulating false documents.

What a sick fuck.
Republican Representative  George Santos scammed a veteran out of $3,000 he needed to pay for an operation for his beloved sick dog,
Link

And yet, McCarthy says Santos will be seated on committees. Link

dogwalker

Yeh the GoFundMe scam for the veteran's sick dog, if true, is pretty low.
Eventually the veteran (who was homeless by the way) claims he had to panhandle for money to euthanize his dog
after George Santos (allegedly) pocketed what everyone contributed.
Santos (allegedly) was the organizer of the account and had control of it so after the account was emptied not much could be done.
Those scams are illegal though....a little thing called fraud.
Santos should join PD!  He'd be right at home with all the scammers and sleezebags there!

dogwalker

He may have been a drag queen in Brazil.
Claims to be gay but does NOT support LGBTQ issues.

Romanticlover

Yeah there's photos of him in drag all over the internet, he lied about everything.
He needs to resign now!
Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

He does not seem that interested in resigning. 
A lot of money can be made where is is now and money seems to motivate him a lot.