I think social media is fucking people up

Started by Fishhunter, Mar 16, 2023, 12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishhunter

For example if you get pulled over for any reason while driving should you show them your driver's license?
If you did nothing wrong I would say yes!
. So many social media clips out there showing that you don't have to comply with any rules. I would think that would just escalate and for them to proceed to investigate you further!
I was targeted once about 10 years ago and I was going out of a titty bar.
The cop wanted to know where I was going I said I was going home and I only had one beer which was true.
He ran a quick check and let me go and told me to have a nice night.
If I was an asshole I would have been thrown in jail.... Probably for a couple reasons...LoL
Anyways the reason for the Post was would you reply and give them your license and respect or would you deny and ask for your rights?
Life is what you make it

Danno

passenger doesn't have to show ID. driver always should or your asking for trouble
Like Like x 1 View List
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

bats

The driver is obligated to produce his license because he's required to have one in order to operate the vehicle. He doesn't have any "right" to deny the cop's request. He can argue the legality of any ensuing acts by the police in court, not on the side of the road.

As Danno said, a passenger is in a different position, and he can refuse to ID himself.
Like Like x 1 View List

HighStepper

Yes, I have seen some of those dumb TikTok videos of fools smart mouthing the police about "they know their rights" with some dumbasses giving them support in the comments section.

The police know what rights you have, they don't need a lesson from you. They can have wide latitude in assessing probable cause and pursuing their duties. The discussion about rights, are between your lawyer and the DA.

The police don't know who you are. However, based on your demeanor and actions they can put you in the "good guy box" or the "bad guy box" which determines how they are going to interact with you. You want to be in the "good guy box."

Like Like x 1 View List
Too much sex is still not enough.