Trump Indicted: Trump Is Charged in Classified Documents Inquiry

Started by Blkfyre, Jun 08, 2023, 05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danno

like when he reopened the investigation 11 days before the election.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 13, 2023, 05:14 PMRule of law applies to everyone,however enforcement may not...imo doj should have impaneled a grand jury in the hilary clinton  email scandal.  Mistake to let comey decide.
The charges against Trump relate only to documents that his lawyer returned in response to the subpoena and those recovered by the FBI during their court-authorized search. He is not charged with retaining any of the documents that were voluntarily returned before the subpoena.

In other words, if Trump had returned the documents when requested, he wouldn't be in this mess. That's the main thing that distinguishes the Trump case from Hillary's emails, Biden's garage, and the documents returned by Pence.

The comparison to Hillary's emails is a bright red herring.

Blkfyre

Posting another video by a lawyer who used to be a prosecutor, this time talking about the indictment. As always, he runs down all the known facts on the issue, laying out the legal side of every point in a concise and clear way to laypeople.

What I find interesting, and something that conservatives hammered over and over AND OVER again, was the fact that Trump stated he declassified the papers, WHILE showing them to someone he knows should NOT be able to see the papers as they didn't have the clearance! But if you jump to 5:40 it has a transcript of Trump stating plainly HE DID NOT declassify them as President and COULD NOT once he left office.

If you are excusing Trump by saying the documents were not that bad/important, jump to 14:49 to see a list of some of the documents and what they represented.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

lifes_good

I think it is unlikely Trump will be convicted of anything.

The case is assigned to Judge Aileen Cannon, a Trump appointee who was confirmed to the bench after Trump lost reelection but before President Joe Biden took office. This is the same judge that sided with Trump and appointed a special master. She has the power to do many things to prevent a conviction. She could just throw the case out. If it does go to trial, all it takes is one maga juror siding with trump to hang the jury and prevent conviction. She has many other options in between at her disposal as well.

I would not be surprised if this whole thing is a publicity stunt engineered by trump supporters.

Bande

Quote from: bats on Jun 13, 2023, 07:39 PMThe charges against Trump relate only to documents that his lawyer returned in response to the subpoena and those recovered by the FBI during their court-authorized search. He is not charged with retaining any of the documents that were voluntarily returned before the subpoena.

In other words, if Trump had returned the documents when requested, he wouldn't be in this mess. That's the main thing that distinguishes the Trump case from Hillary's emails, Biden's garage, and the documents returned by Pence.

The comparison to Hillary's emails is a bright red herring.

And during a investigation the Clintons destroyed evidence and never prosecuted. This is rule of law being applied fairly you are saying..
Typical thoughts of Demoncrats. Ignore what we did, destroy evidence, fabricate evidence,, purger ones self, and on. That is ok since it was not Trump. They make me laugh..
Again this is Rule Of Law being applied fairly..
The people see this and TRump is becoming STRONGER with The Demoncrats Misdeeds..

Bande

bats

Quote from: Bande on Jun 15, 2023, 12:07 PMAnd during a investigation the Clintons destroyed evidence and never prosecuted. This is rule of law being applied fairly you are saying..
Typical thoughts of Demoncrats. Ignore what we did, destroy evidence, fabricate evidence,, purger ones self, and on. That is ok since it was not Trump. They make me laugh..
Again this is Rule Of Law being applied fairly..
The people see this and TRump is becoming STRONGER with The Demoncrats Misdeeds..
Have you considered that the facts in the two cases are entirely different? That one case might involve prosecutable criminal conduct while the other did not? Is that even a possibility in your mind?

Romanticlover

I think he will be convicted on some of the charges but not others, the espionage charges are ridiculous.
The real issue is the sentencing if he is convicted:
Will he be given a prison sentence?
House arrest with an ankle bracelet?

You can't put a ex-president in general population because he still gets Secret Service protection, they would have to be stationed outside his cell.

I'm not siding with Trump, he did this to himself. If he had just given the documents over to the Feds this would never have happened.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jun 15, 2023, 02:48 PMI think he will be convicted on some of the charges but not others, the espionage charges are ridiculous.
He isn't being charged with literal espionage.* He's being charged with violations under the Espionage Act.

Bande

Bande

Quote from: bats on Jun 15, 2023, 02:55 PMHe isn't being charged with literal espionage.* He's being charged with violations under the Espionage Act.

In which will not Stand. Along with the others.

bats

Bande