Question ? Gatherings and mixers

Started by citylyts, Sep 07, 2023, 08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citylyts

Question for the people. It has been so long since we have had a gatherings in Fresno and I was wondering what's up? Do you people not want to have gatherings? If so  we need to know . If you do then let us know what day/nights work for you so we can put something together. WE can't do anything unless we know.

thaikhan

city, you might unfortunately be the only person left in Fresno.  You are, at the very least, the only one active on these boards from Fresno.  Good luck with getting responses.

DoctorTaco

Quote from: thaikhan on Sep 07, 2023, 10:18 AMcity, you might unfortunately be the only person left in Fresno.  You are, at the very least, the only one active on these boards from Fresno.  Good luck with getting responses.

This reminds me of a conversation I had recently with another hobbyist, we need new "members!"  When planning this years earlier Sac lunches, I've looked at tons of guys PD bios when I've read they've reviewed a Sac provider. Then I try to find them on social media, with very little success.  Providers have the best access to guys. We need to ask the ladies to recruit more guys to message boards like FSaloon.  Of course, easier said than done.

thaikhan

Part of the issue is getting ladies to participate.  We, unfortunately, don't provide enough in here for ladies to join in droves

Zep

For the lunch coming up, I posted here, on 3 different discord servers and even on my IG.  Got a few responses off each, both ladies and gents.   Hoping for a decent turnout but who knows..
Agree +1 Agree +1 x 1 View List
We all got two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.

citylyts

Well what you guys are talking about is not the Gatherings that we did before Covid.  A gathering started out as a social networking event.  A place where first hobbiest came to talk about the girls and who did what.  Then a hobbiest brought a girl to the gathering and she saw the guys and passed out her number to the guys there then she told other friends and they told other people. If the hobbiest wanted to pay for the girls drink on buy them dinner it was hobbyists choice. 

Zep

Looks like Silvrsurfer is organizing a gathering for Christmas time in Fresno.  He's using PD Forums to organize it.   Sounds like he's getting a lot of people saying they are coming.  I wish him well. I'm sure it will turn out great!

citylyts

Yeah that is how it starts. We will see how it goes. We will see if he lets the people who were going to the gatherings before Covid hit or if it is only people he knows. Because we used to have big gatherings. Also what kind of gathering it will be. And where it will be .

Hobby

Quote from: thaikhan on Sep 09, 2023, 09:51 PMPart of the issue is getting ladies to participate.  We, unfortunately, don't provide enough in here for ladies to join in droves

That's your own faul...meaning members, I am pretty liberal here you can do pretty much post what you want here but memebers want to keep this a a private membership community and the girls cant make any money. We need public forums and ads to draw new members but our members dont want or dont care. This site could been like we had on RB.  Members sure use this site to bitch and complain about PD, let's see them go on PD and say it like it is and how long before they get the boot. So sad, this could have been one hell of a fun site, not to be.

bladegunner

predict things will clear within 14 months.

bladegunner

host you have been gracious and patient and groovy to boot.

citylyts

Well I tried to get something started as far as getting gatherings back . But all I get from the people here is " I didn't know" Well if you would check the site out you would know that we are planning a gathering.But I guess you guys just don't want gatherings in Fresno anymore.

Zep

Obviously, he can't open it up to everyone on PD. A coordinator has to ensure the people attending are players and are safe. Since Im not going to Fresno, I don't care who arranges or how they do it. 

I just pointed out that he's putting on a party.

Citylyts, feel free to organize your own party but just trying to do it on Fantasy saloon will not work. There's only about 12 active people from that area and most of them are not party people.  You would need to promote a party on IG, Discord sites, Twitter and probably PD.

Expecting Fantasy Saloon to provide the numbers for a party in Fresno is just not realistic. It's a start but you need more places to promote the gathering.  Best of luck. 

thaikhan

I haven't been to any gatherings or parties that weren't private. Everyone was vetted. This is including all past Fresno gatherings and mixers. I would not attend anything that was open to the public

bladegunner