Axe Throwing, Italians, and wine...it can't end well!

Started by Tuscano, Nov 13, 2023, 06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuscano

We will see...this Saturday. I have never been. But I know my famiglia, we are intense and competitive. Adding in wine is a REALLY BAD IDEA!

https://www.axemethrowing.com/

I see they serve beer. So my sister will be bringing the wine!

Vorresti essere me

thaikhan

Just did axe throwing the other day at TheAlley.  Hopefully you and yours enjoy

dogwalker

@Tuscano Are you Scottish or of Viking origin?  Sounds like a ton of fun though.  I like doing stuff like that.

Danno

The real lumber jacks use full size axe. The bulls eye is a full can of beer that was shaken up before putting it in the bulls eye hole. When hit, squirts everywhere.
In the 70's, A friend of mine was involved in the lumber jack circuit. Did all the events. And won most of time, was televised on Wide World Sports. He won good amount of money. He went new Zealand to learn how to do these events and sharpen the axes.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Tuscano

Quote from: dogwalker on Nov 13, 2023, 10:55 PM@Tuscano Are you Scottish or of Viking origin?  Sounds like a ton of fun though.  I like doing stuff like that.
On my father's side...both
By my grandmother I am related to the "Princes  in the Tower".
By my grandfather to Viking invaders to northeastern Scotland. So far on my fathers side, I am the first born son of a first born son going back over 200 years9
Y DNA makes me a Viking.
Thus my tattoos. Right shoulder for. Italia.Thus Roman...AND of the US Navy an O6! Captain!! Left a Viking origin. 

By MDNA (from my mother) I am Etruscan! Founders of Rome.

Via my paternal grand, I am continuing to get Pissed! I have yet to receive a Royal Invitation... to ANY EVENT! I AM A GREY!!!

US NAVY CAPTAIN? I was asked to stand down??? Boxing? Sniper? 9mm qual...blindfolded!!! What was it called??? pontoons? on a trampoline?  No one!!! could ever dream! There was more...much more, but the "Marines" couldn't let a "naval Officer" dominate! So... they respectfully asked me to step down...
On my first day in the Sacramento Marines center, I read a sign the Marine Captain took all challengers...I laughed!!!

OKAY! OKAY!!! that was like 25 years ago!!!
Vorresti essere me

DoctorTaco

@Tuscano - I've been to SmartAxe in Rancho 2x. Lots of fun, especially if with a group. 

First time I went it was on a first date. Her suggestion to go. We had a great time. This place serves beer too, good craft beers at that.  Movement Brewing is right next door too! They've got some good brews.

Sorry you have to go to Yuba City, lol

Tuscano

Thanks guys!
Not necessarily Italian...My siblings, children, and I are intensely competitive!

But... the competition had become gentrified! "everyone" is a winner?
Vorresti essere me

Tuscano

AYA! My daughter has decided...her son will play football! BEWARE YUBA SUTTER! THE BEAST HAS BEEN UNLEASHED! 140 lbs of HELLFIRE! HE is going to rock you!!!

Doubters?

Famiglia historia..My father was a scholarship full-back for USC... ME? Hey, They only wished!!!

Once locals learn who his mother is! They take a step back and say..."no wonder!"

Little league tournament...My grandson is playing. I introduced myself to the district president, LOL. "I know you are!!!"

Yeah...me and my grands...We RUN, we HIT, we PLAY BALL!

Yet I know...my LEGS are growing weak...soon the grands will take me.

Vorresti essere me