Special counsel report on Biden’s classified documents

Started by HighStepper, Feb 08, 2024, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

Special counsel Robert Hur said President Biden, during his time as a private citizen, "willfully" kept classified documents on Afghanistan and more from his time in the Obama administration, according to the report he issued Thursday.

Our investigation uncovered evidence that President Biden willfully retained and disclosed classified materials after his vice presidency when he was a private citizen. These materials included (1) marked classified documents about military and foreign policy in Afghanistan, and (2) notebooks containing Mr. Biden's handwritten entries about issues of national security and foreign policy implicating sensitive intelligence sources and methods. FBI agents recovered these materials from the garage, offices, and basement den in Mr. Biden's Wilmington, Delaware home. However, for the reasons summarized below, we conclude that the evidence does not establish Mr. Biden's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Prosecution of Mr. Biden is also unwarranted based on our consideration of the aggravating and mitigating factors set forth in the Department of Justice's Principles of Federal Prosecution. For these reasons, we decline prosecution of Mr. Biden.

Read full report here.

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report-from-special-counsel-robert-k-hur-february-2024.pdf

What seem quite damming and supports the Right Wing narrative about Biden's mental state.

In his interview with our office, Mr. Biden's memory was worse. He did not remember when he was vice president, forgetting on the first day of the interview when his term ended ("if it was 2013 - when did I stop being Vice President?"), and forgetting on the second day of the interview when his term began ("in 2009, am I still Vice President?"). 839 He did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died.

*Robert Hur, Republican makes gratuitous comments about Biden's memory.*

Too much sex is still not enough.

thaikhan

Yes, they applauded the parts they liked and condemned the parts they didn't. Similar to the Republicans

bats

Quote from: thaikhan on Feb 08, 2024, 05:19 PMYes, they applauded the parts they liked and condemned the parts they didn't. Similar to the Republicans
Who's "they?" The special counsel, Robert Hur, a Republican, joined the DOJ during the George W. Bush administration, left during the Obama administration, and was appointed U.S. Attorney for Maryland by Trump.

Attorney General Merrick Garland appointed him special counsel in the Biden classified docs matter because the norm is to give that kind of assignment to a member of the opposing party. At least, that was the norm before Trump.

dogwalker

Y'all left out why they did not charge Biden....lmao.  Judged as a old person with a failing memory that could not provide reliable information and testimony, in short.  I watched his press conference today and it was BAD.  He has foreign policy experience yet confused Mexico with Egypt and mispronounced the Egypt President's name.  Yikes. This seems common now not just a one off that many make it out to be. I hope we get through 2024-2028 and have much better Presidential candidates in 2028!

bats

Quote from: dogwalker on Feb 08, 2024, 08:27 PMY'all left out why they did not charge Biden....lmao.  Judged as a old person with a failing memory that could not provide reliable information and testimony, in short.
That's what the partisan special counsel said, but it's bullshit. No prosecutor doing a serious job would consider anything but the evidence related to the conduct being investigated. This special counsel expressed his subjective opinions about matters irrelevant to the conduct. He turned his assignment into a shamefully partisan joke, which is what Republicans seem to do these days in service of Donald Trump.

dogwalker

Yeh this it true.  He should not have said that and kept it at a higher level......
however, as I said, after seeing Biden's press conference today I'm starting to think he may be right.
Jill Biden or Kamala Hairass may end up as the de facto President if Biden is re-elected.
Like how Roosevelt or Reagan faked it.....do we want that?  May have no choice.

Fathernature69

Quote from: bats on Feb 08, 2024, 10:11 PMThat's what the partisan special counsel said, but it's bullshit. No prosecutor doing a serious job would consider anything but the evidence related to the conduct being investigated.

Your slightly correct.  Prosecutors are constantly weighing can they successfully obtain a conviction. If they want to go into private practice the 1st question asked is conviction ratio? 

Anne Marie Shubert made the tough decision not to go to trail on Golden State Killer, why because she felt the GSK would never make it through a trail due to his age and present health condition.  So she cut a deal for life. 

Prosecution of Biden would take years and if his health is as bad as the republican stated he would of never made it to trial.  Or possibly, your correct...it does not fit the narrative...

bats

Quote from: dogwalker on Feb 08, 2024, 10:40 PMYeh this it true.  He should not have said that and kept it at a higher level......
however, as I said, after seeing Biden's press conference today I'm starting to think he may be right.
Jill Biden or Kamala Hairass may end up as the de facto President if Biden is re-elected.
Like how Roosevelt or Reagan faked it.....do we want that?  May have no choice.

For some time, it's been apparent that Biden has lost a step. He does appear feeble at times, although I believe it looks worse than it is. Just as in 2020, however, it's either Biden or the criminal sociopath. I'll take Grandpa Joe every time.

bats

Quote from: Fathernature69 on Feb 08, 2024, 11:11 PMYour slightly correct.  Prosecutors are constantly weighing can they successfully obtain a conviction. If they want to go into private practice the 1st question asked is conviction ratio? 

Anne Marie Shubert made the tough decision not to go to trail on Golden State Killer, why because she felt the GSK would never make it through a trail due to his age and present health condition.  So she cut a deal for life. 

Prosecution of Biden would take years and if his health is as bad as the republican stated he would of never made it to trial.  Or possibly, your correct...it does not fit the narrative...
Yes, prosecutors have to weigh the practicalities. But that shouldn't have been done in the report to the AG, and it sure as hell shouldn't have been done in the kind of language the special counsel used. Those are the kinds of things you say privately while crafting a more professional-sounding message for the public.

Romanticlover

I remember when Reagan was running for President, the MSM said he was too old when he was only 69.
Biden is 81 and the oldest President in our countries history, he's not going to last another four years.
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Feb 09, 2024, 05:16 AMI remember when Reagan was running for President, the MSM said he was too old when he was only 69.
Biden is 81 and the oldest President in our countries history, he's not going to last another four years.

Won't that be true of Trump if he gets elected? If elected he will be that age while in office right?

Romanticlover

Quote from: Blkfyre on Feb 09, 2024, 07:47 AMWon't that be true of Trump if he gets elected? If elected he will be that age while in office right?

True but Trump is in better health, all the recent polls agree.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Feb 09, 2024, 07:54 AMTrue but Trump is in better health, all the recent polls agree.
Wow, what a breakthrough in the world of modern medicine. People's health can be assessed/diagnosed with a political poll, lol.
However, you are right about people's perception. And it is their perceptions that they act on.

...And we expect the evidence of Mr. Biden's state of mind to be compelling, clear, forceful...
Link
Too much sex is still not enough.