BREAKING: Supreme Court FREES HUNDREDS of January 6th Political Prisoners

Started by Bande, Jun 28, 2024, 10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bande

Wow... Demoncrats continue to FAIL...

Imagine That...

Pelosi and all involved needs to be charged and held accountable.

BREAKING: Supreme Court FREES HUNDREDS of January 6th Political Prisoners | Nukes TRUMP Charges

2 of Trumps charges nuked, more than likely the other charges to be dropped.

bats

Quote from: Bande on Jun 28, 2024, 10:14 PMWow... Demoncrats continue to FAIL...

Imagine That...

Pelosi and all involved needs to be charged and held accountable.

BREAKING: Supreme Court FREES HUNDREDS of January 6th Political Prisoners | Nukes TRUMP Charges

2 of Trumps charges nuked, more than likely the other charges to be dropped.
Nobody "failed," nobody was freed, and none of Trump's charges were "nuked." lol

On appeal, SCOTUS found that federal prosecutors misapplied a statute relating to "obstruction of an official proceeding." The decision sends the affected cases back to the lower courts to sort out.

Every defendant, including Trump and his fellow insurrectionists, has a right of appeal. And the
DOJ has already stated that the department will take the appropriate steps to comply with the ruling.

Imagine if Trump had lost this appeal. He would have attacked the Justices, the prosecutors, and Biden. Why? Because Trump is a POS that can't accept defeat. In anything.

HighStepper

It is not a Democrat or Republican issue. It is about prosecuting lawless rioters who attacked Capitol police and defaced/damaged the Capitol building.

Big headline with little impact on the Jan 6th rioters or on Donald Trump. The Justice Department has charged over 1,500 people with Jan 6th related charges. Only a small percentage of people were charged under section 1512.C2 The Supreme Court on Friday threw out the charges against a former Pennsylvania police officer who entered the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6, 2021, attacks. By a vote of 6-3, the justices ruled that the law that Joseph Fischer was charged with violating, which bars obstruction of an official proceeding, applies only to evidence tampering, such as destruction of records or documents, in official proceedings.

The court's decision is poised to have the biggest impact on the 52 rioters who were convicted and sentenced on an obstruction charge and no other felony offense. There are currently 27 defendants serving a prison sentence solely on a felony obstruction charge. Link

I wonder if they can get them for throwing human feces on the Capitol walls?

Earth to MAGA, Nancy Pelosi is by no stretch of the imagination responsible for Jan 6th attack on the Capitol. You really have to stop listening to Trump's lies. No member of Congress has the authority to activate the National Guard. Only the president, defense secretary and U.S. Army secretary do.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Bande

Quote from: HighStepper on Jun 28, 2024, 11:19 PMIt is not a Democrat or Republican issue. It is about prosecuting lawless rioters who attacked Capitol police and defaced/damaged the Capitol building.

Big headline with little impact on the Jan 6th rioters or on Donald Trump. The Justice Department has charged over 1,500 people with Jan 6th related charges. Only a small percentage of people were charged under section 1512.C2 The Supreme Court on Friday threw out the charges against a former Pennsylvania police officer who entered the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6, 2021, attacks. By a vote of 6-3, the justices ruled that the law that Joseph Fischer was charged with violating, which bars obstruction of an official proceeding, applies only to evidence tampering, such as destruction of records or documents, in official proceedings.

The court's decision is poised to have the biggest impact on the 52 rioters who were convicted and sentenced on an obstruction charge and no other felony offense. There are currently 27 defendants serving a prison sentence solely on a felony obstruction charge. Link

I wonder if they can get them for throwing human feces on the Capitol walls?

Earth to MAGA, Nancy Pelosi is by no stretch of the imagination responsible for Jan 6th attack on the Capitol. You really have to stop listening to Trump's lies. No member of Congress has the authority to activate the National Guard. Only the president, defense secretary and U.S. Army secretary do.

Many were charged while simply protesting and never entering. Those were protesters that is protected and should be freed... They went after many just for attending and protesting in which is protected..
Those will be freed and have lawsuits galore against the Government.
They used a obscured law not designed for what it was used for.
And it is not Trump lies many on both sides and law community say charges for many will be dropped...
Straight from the Supreme Court.

bats

Quote from: Bande on Jun 29, 2024, 05:28 PMMany were charged while simply protesting and never entering. Those were protesters that is protected and should be freed... They went after many just for attending and protesting in which is protected..
Those will be freed and have lawsuits galore against the Government.
They used a obscured law not designed for what it was used for.
And it is not Trump lies many on both sides and law community say charges for many will be dropped...
Nobody was charged for simply attending and protesting. According to the U.S. Attorney's Office in D.C., approximately 1,367 defendants have been charged with entering or remaining in a restricted federal building or grounds.

You don't have a First Amendment right to protest anywhere or anytime. The government can establish reasonable regulations for certain publicly owned facilities, and such rules exist for the U.S. Capitol.

Romanticlover

Quote from: bats on Jun 29, 2024, 07:53 PMYou don't have a First Amendment right to protest anywhere or anytime. The government can establish reasonable regulations for certain publicly owned facilities, and such rules exist for the U.S. Capitol.

That's true but why haven't any ANTIFA or pro-Palestinians protesters been sent to federal prison?
I only hear "right-wing" protesters getting sent to prison.

I'm not condoning what happened on Jan 6th, it made me sick TBH, but the law needs to be enforced fairly.
ANTIFA was burning down buildings a few years ago and recently pro-Palestinian protesters were defacing statues in DC and vandalizing colleges.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pro-palestine-protest-vandalism-targeted-bid-protect-federal-monuments
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jun 29, 2024, 08:09 PMThat's true but why haven't any ANTIFA or pro-Palestinians protesters been sent to federal prison?
I only hear "right-wing" protesters getting sent to prison.

I'm not condoning what happened on Jan 6th, it made me sick TBH, but the law needs to be enforced fairly.
ANTIFA was burning down buildings a few years ago and recently pro-Palestinian protesters were defacing statues in DC and vandalizing colleges.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pro-palestine-protest-vandalism-targeted-bid-protect-federal-monuments
I don't know. Maybe it's prosecutorial discretion. The DOJ doesn't have the resources to prosecute every crime that hits its radar, but it seems to have prioritized the Jan 6 cases because that shit was a threat to the seat of our government.

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Jun 29, 2024, 05:28 PMAnd it is not Trump lies.. many on both sides and law community say charges for many will be dropped...
My reference to Trump lies was about his claim that  Nancy Pelosi was responsible for Jan 6th attack on the Capitol because she didn't call out the National Gaud. No member of Congress has the authority to activate the National Guard. Only the president, defense secretary and U.S. Army secretary do.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Tuscano

Early in my military career, it was drummed into me: Who!!! Had the authority to call out the troops on American soil? LOL! for multiple reasons. This is why, during national disasters, the military stays in port when obviously they should help. AND WILL! once a "lawful" order is received.
Vorresti essere me

Hobby

I am done with politics now that SCOTUS has given Trump the power of a king if voters are so stupid they reelect this criminal. I not watching the news anymore or following politics. SCOTUS is corrupt Congress is corrupt and Trump is corrupt.
Hobby

zoezane

@Hobby it feels that way.  Somedays, I don't look at any devices, sit under a tree.  I'm still in this race to stop orange face.  The last batttle of George Washington, all odds against him and his soilders. His powerful determination and belief in the Constitution, he intention to win the battle won that day.  Amercia was set in place and not a dictator king.

My bully Dad was just like Trump.  He raped, he yelled, he hoarded money for himself and infected hia whole family with negative. I know how bad it can and will be with revenging "DONNY THE DEMON"

DONALD J TRUMP IS A LOSER.  He is mentally ill and his brain if foaming at the mouth.  Trump Set Down Trump Step Down Trump Steop Down  Trump Set Down Trump Step Down Trump Steop Down  Trump Set Down Trump Step Down Trump Steop Down  Trump Set Down Trump Step Down Trump Steop Down  Trump Set Down Trump Step Down Trump Steop Down  Trump Set Down Trump Step Down Trump Step Down

TRUMP STEP ASIDE, trump is a rapist
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor