Harris Trump Debate in One Minute

Started by HighStepper, Sep 11, 2024, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Sep 12, 2024, 02:19 PMTrump won the debate the same way he won the 2020 election...he lied about it!

Harris says she has a plan... okay what is your plan elaborate... her answers were vague

She's still doing better than Trump. He only has concepts of a plan. lol

dogwalker

Any candidate can say they have a plan.
Sometimes, once elected, actually getting it done is a very different challenge.
Only dictators usually have absolute power to do anything they claim.
However even without specifics it's not hard to guess what the general tone of things will be if either Harris or Trump is elected.  Harris probably would not flip-flop and suddenly be anti-abortion for example.

Bande

Quote from: bats on Sep 12, 2024, 04:27 PMShe's still doing better than Trump. He only has concepts of a plan. lol

Not according to the polls. lol.
Where were Kamalas fact checks. She spewed so much crap.
Just like with Biden all was prearranged with Kamala.
Focused on past B.S. And not the current issues.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Sep 13, 2024, 11:01 AMNot according to the polls. lol.

You mean these polls?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/11/politics/election-poll-trump-harris-debate/index.html

Debate watchers said, 63% to 37%, that Harris turned in a better performance onstage in Philadelphia.

https://www.newsweek.com/live-updates-trump-harris-presidential-polls-swing-states-1950058

As of early morning September 13, polling aggregator FiveThirtyEight put Harris 2.8-points ahead in the national polls.

https://www.270towin.com/2024-presidential-election-polls/

Per poll results Trump only has leads in 10 states

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cj4x71znwxdo

A Reuters/Ipsos poll of 1,400 registered voters who had heard at least something about the debate found that 53% said Harris won and 24% said Trump won. It also suggested Harris had a lead of five points over her rival nationally, 47% to 42% - up from 45% to 41% in August.

A YouGov poll of 1,400 adults in the US had similar conclusions - of those who had watched the debate, 55% said Harris won and 25% said Trump. Even so, it found no change in voting intentions, with Harris having the same lead of 46% to 45% as before the debate.

There was also no bump for Harris in a Morning Consult poll of 3,300 likely voters that put her lead at 50% to 45% - although Trump was down one point from 46% in their poll before the debate.

Blkfyre

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Because MAGA is all about unthinking hate and violence and his word is law, and if you don't believe it, well, you DESERVE TO BE HURT

HighStepper

Yes lol. The polls show Trump got spanked big time.

QuoteWhere were Kamalas fact checks. She spewed so much crap.
During the debate Trump got fact checked by the moderators on two egregious lies about eating cats and executing babies. They did not need to fact check Harris as she was not telling egregious lies. After the debate CNN did a fact check on lies Trump 30+ Harris 1. (Harris falsely claimed that "Trump left us the worst unemployment since the Great Depression.")

QuoteJust like with Biden all was prearranged with Kamala.
So, what is this a weak Trump talking point? What exactly was prearranged?

QuoteFocused on past B.S. And not the current issues.
That fits Trump. Past grievances. Trump still talking election denial BS. The "current" issues Trump talks about are the SAME "current" issues he talked about in 2016 and 2020.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Quote from: bats on Sep 12, 2024, 04:27 PMShe's still doing better than Trump. He only has concepts of a plan. lol

Yes Trump said concepts and said he wasn't president and would come up with something better or not at all... Harris had nothing to say about her plan.  I think both are lying.  Harris is a far left Dem and is trying to appear more center to gain more votes.
Hobby

Danno

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

bats

Kamala was full of shit about some things. The stuff about the war in Gaza was all talk, for example.

But the moment the debate was over, right-wing media got right to the gaslighting. They all got their talking points and flooded the zone with their bullshit. I'm sure that's where you got your "information" about the debate.

They peddled the nonsense that the moderators treated Trump unfairly because they called him out on two of his insane claims. Give me a break. They also gave Trump extra time to respond over and over again, and he still bitched and moaned afterward about how unfair it was, how it was rigged.

With Trump, everything is rigged against him. Even some of his core supporters must be tired of all his whining.

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Sep 13, 2024, 03:33 PMYes Trump said concepts and said he wasn't president and would come up with something better or not at all... Harris had nothing to say about her plan.  I think both are lying.  Harris is a far left Dem and is trying to appear more center to gain more votes.
Well, we know Trump was lying. Because he was talking.

But I don't remember what Kamala said about healthcare. I do know that she at least has some ideas that she's put down on paper.

Trump has been talking (and lying) about replacing Obamacare since, when, 2016? As far as I know, he has NEVER come out with anything.

Legman469

Quote from: Hobby on Sep 12, 2024, 02:19 PM......Harris says she has a plan... okay what is your plan elaborate... her answers were vague

OK fair question.........In a perfect world I would agree that Harris owes more detail.  But it's a social media controlled imperfect world in which the more detail that is provided, the more opportunity there is to unfairly spin and criticize that detail and blind the casual social media consumer to the overall direction and usefulness of the policy. 

As Danno points out, more detail is available.  But real detail does not do well in a social media sound bite format. 

FYI, my opinion stems from an underlying fear that social media (the virus of 2007) has rendered this country, if not the world, incapable of the mental hard work and intellectual strength to deserve, never mind defend self rule.  We are happily dumbing ourselves down. 
Legman the pretty girl shooter
can we go back to RB now??

bats

dogwalker

wtf.....this shit is way too long to read

Blkfyre

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4879994-springfield-rumor-haitian-immigrants-facebook-post/

Erika Lee, a Springfield resident, recently authored a post on Facebook, saying that her neighbor's cat was lost and she was told it was because the pet was attacked by a Haitian immigran

Kimberly Newton, Lee's neighbor, acknowledged this week to NewsGuard, "I don't actually know the person who lost the cat." Newton added that the cat's owner was "an acquaintance of a friend."

Now, Lee, has said she was sorry about the way the events unfolded, with the unfounded conspiracy theories about Haitian immigrants amplified by both former President Trump and his vice presidential pick, Ohio Sen. JD Vance

HighStepper

Quote from: bats on Sep 14, 2024, 01:55 AM.The Kiffness - Eating the Cats ft. Donald Trump (Debate Remix)
2:02 minute parody video.
Too much sex is still not enough.