I Remember Now Why I hate LA!

Started by Hobby, Apr 16, 2022, 08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

I adopted another little dog last Wednesday and had to drive Friday, yesterday from Pahrump to Woodland Hills, Ca.  I left Pahrump at 8 am was making good time then I hit traffic on the 210 West at... snail's pace for the next 2 hours... Same coming back... horrible!  Too many people, too many cars.  And you know what? It can only get worse! I don't see how anyone can live in that zoo.  No wonder there is so much violence in high-density populated areas... Hell, I don't live there and I was pissed off...

Scruzbeachbum

You buried the lead - dog pics!

Romanticlover

I grew up in LA(near WH) and remember when the 210 first opened, I just got my drivers license and could drive 80+mph.
Now it has carpool lanes and it's a parking lot with all the traffic, I'm glad I moved out of there.

What kind of dog did you get?
Are we having fun yet?

serguei

I grew up in Woodland Hills (middle school and high school years mainly) and had friends in my late teens that worked construction building the 210. It was still grassland when I grew up. Warner Ranch still ran cattle.

I also worked on BART stations wiring PA systems before BART opened in 1972. I was already 21.

So yeah ... I'm old ... :o

Zep

Friday, Holiday weekend for many.  Probably the wrong day for a day trip.. 
Agree +1 Agree +1 x 1 View List
We all got two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.

DoctorTaco

Worst year of my life was in LA/OC. Sales territory kept moving and at one point was driving from Irvine up to Arcadia, east on the 210 to San Dimas, and south on 57 into Diamond Bar. I was leaving at 5:30am so I could get past Angles Stadium by 3:30pm or I was screwed!  I hate just driving through LA on the 5 or 405 to get to San Diego to see family.

HighStepper

When I visit LA I don't use the freeways until after 10pm and I get back before 4am.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Quote from: HighStepper on Apr 16, 2022, 01:47 PMWhen I visit LA I don't use the freeways until after 10pm and I get back before 4am.

Is that so you can sneak in and sneak out...LOL! I had no choice, I wasn't about to pay 100 or more for a place to sleep. I like the easy-going life here in Pahrump. If I want to be with lots of people and traffic jams Las Vegas is only 49 miles away...no thanks!