8 Things You Never Knew About Missionary Sex It's also known as "mama-papa sex,"

Started by Hobby, Jun 06, 2022, 10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

1. At different times in history, missionary has gone by a lot of different aliases. It's also been known as the matrimonial, the mama-papa position, the English-American position, and the male superior position.

2. Missionary is the only legal sex position in Florida. But you're probably never going to get arrested for doing something else.

3. It really might be the OG sex position. It is used by our distant ancestors, the great apes. It also shows up in ancient texts. The first time two humans boned, it was probably face-to-face, dude on top, next to a romantic fire in the woods or something. Maybe a cave, I dunno.

4. And it's still the most popular position. In the famous Kinsey Studies, 90 percent of married women report using the position, and 9 percent use it exclusively, which is super depressing. But take all that with a grain of salt, since these studies are 60 years old.

5. Missionary could be called "armadillo style." Because armadillos also use it, which is weird.

This content is imported from YouTube. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

6. No one really knows why it's called the missionary position. It's a common myth that the position gets its name from missionaries giving sex tips to the people they were ministering to. In reality, the term cropped up in the 1950s and was probably just the cause of a mistranslation of historical documents.

7. You can use the missionary position for things other than vaginal intercourse. Like "intercrural sex," which involves lubing up the woman's thighs and sliding your penis in and out. Yeah, that is a real thing. Anal is totally viable from missionary too. Basically, missionary gives you options.

8. It's guys' third-favorite sex position. It got beat out by doggy style and cowgirl in a recent poll, but it's still an old standby.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/news/a38746/things-you-didnt-know-about-missionary-sex/

Valida

re 3:  Probably not, as there's good reason to think "doggie" is the original (my references on this are not handy, sorry).

re 4:  This is especially bogus since women were "expected to be decent and proper" (meaning sexually ignorant) in those days, and many may not have known of alternatives.  I'm old enough to have known such women.

Also, most of the women I have asked give doggie as their favorite position. But that could be just because I'm big-and-tall.

re 8:  I like cowgirl better now that I'm in my 70s, but I preferred missionary when younger and could do more of those pushups.

Doggie always seemed to be their way to make me cum too soon.  Plus I like my woman to look me in the eyes while I'm fucking her.