Things About Makeup Guys Can't Stand

Started by Hobby, Jun 10, 2022, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

For most women, makeup is a huge part of their daily routines. Many little girls start experimenting with beauty products at a young age, and there's absolutely no denying the fact that putting on makeup can be super fun. Whether you go for a natural look, a smoky eye, or a bold lip, using makeup is a great way to change up your look and feel great about yourself. However, men don't always love it.

Unfortunately, there are quite a few things about makeup that guys can't stand. From how it can smudge to how it can completely change a person's face, men just aren't always the biggest fans. Of course, it doesn't really matter what men think is attractive, and, if you love to wear makeup, then continue to rock whatever beauty products you'd like! It's your face and you have every right to do whatever you want with it. Still, it's interesting to know the things about makeup that drive guys crazy... and not in a good way.

Bright lipstick makes guys think they're going to ruin women's makeup

Despite how much women might like to try new things and have fun with makeup, men often prefer when women don't go too over the top with their looks. Makes sense then that many guys can't stand when a woman wears lipstick that's super bright, as they're afraid they'll mess it up if they go in for a kiss. Additionally, men apparently think that bright lipstick is a bit much.

"I love seeing my girlfriend look nice because it makes her happy, but there's no need to overdo it," one guy told Shape magazine. "I think a moderate amount of make-up is sexy, minus bright lipstick." Another man explained to Cosmopolitan, "If her lipstick is too bright, I'm afraid to get in there and really kiss her if the opportunity arises."

Clearly, wearing bright lipstick is a risk, and, as great as it might look, it can also be pretty off-putting to men.

Men don't see the point of makeup like nude lipstick

One of the more popular lip colors for women is definitely nude. For a lot of women, a nude lip is a great way to appear more natural while also making your lips stand out a little more. However, it seems as though guys just don't understand the point of something that blends into your face. In fact, one man told the beauty website Byrdie that nude lipstick is kind of pointless and just annoys him. "I don't get lipstick that makes the lips the same color as women's faces," he explained.

Truly, a nude lipstick can be a great choice if you want to look a little more natural, but it can also be tricky for the men in your life. If your nude lipstick really matches your skin tone well, we imagine that men might not know whether or not you're wearing lipstick and could be surprised to find it rub off on them when you lock lips. You should do whatever you want when it comes to makeup, but it doesn't hurt to be aware that guys aren't into nude lipstick

Picking the perfect photo to put on your online dating profile or app can be a daunting task, and, if you want to attract a man with your photo, you probably assume that having makeup on in your picture is the right way to go. And for the most part, that's true. However, a study from Zoosk, an online dating site, found that men are pretty particular when it comes to women's' makeup when they're dating.

According to the study, "women who wear some sort of lip color are 119 percent more likely to get first messages than those who don't," Bustle reported. "Furthermore, men are 38 percent more likely to want to meet a woman if she's wearing lipstick in her online dating photo."

However, it seems as though guys can't stand certain makeup in person. Specifically, "57 percent of men don't think red lipstick on a date is attractive," Bustle reported. For whatever reason, red lipstick is too much for men to come face to face with in real life. Still, the lip color often looks good, so, if you love red lipstick, keep rockin' it.

Guys can't stand it when makeup makes you look two different colors

Most women know the stress that comes with picking out the perfect shade of foundation for their skin tone. A lot of times, your skin tone gets darker as you tan in the summer, so you have to pick a new shade (via StyleCaster), and, in the winter, you have to choose a lighter shade again. It can be confusing, and it's a common issue for women to have a line between their face and their neck where they didn't blend their foundation in. And apparently, guys can't stand that.
As one man told Shape, "I hate when you can see where the makeup stops at the neckline." Obviously, this man doesn't know the struggle of blending foundation in, but it's clear that men aren't fans of foundation that makes women look like their faces and necks are different colors. Again, guys don't usually understand the complexities of makeup and all the work that goes into doing a full face, but, if you want to attract a guy, try to blend your foundation in well.

Less is more, overall, as guys hate when makeup makes you look different

The overall attitude many guys have towards makeup is that less is more. It's very clear that guys often can't stand when a woman is covered in makeup and doesn't look like her natural self, although there are plenty of other things men aren't fond of when it comes to makeup. Really, they just tend to be wary of it in general.

According to a study from the School of Psychology at Bangor University, "women are likely wearing cosmetics to appeal to the mistaken preferences of others," as reported by The Atlantic. "These mistaken preferences seem more tied to the perceived expectancies of men, and, to a lesser degree, of women." Actor Adrian Grenier even told Shape, "Less is more. Definitely. You don't want to overdo it. If you don't exude beauty from within, no amount of makeup will be able to cover that up."

Article Continues....
https://www.thelist.com/183262/things-about-makeup-guys-cant-stand/#:~:text=According%20to%20a%20study%20conducted,makeup%20on%20a%20woman's%20face.

dogwalker

I did not read all of that but "sharpie eyebrows" bug me a bit.

Tuscano

Women don't wear make-up for men...They wear it for other women.

My pet peeve of women's makeup? Gigantic fake eyelashes! What are they thinking!
Vorresti essere me

Zep

I love a lady all made up the first time we meet...  After that, as if they just woke up after a relaxing sleep... pj's, no make up, hair a mess.     
We all got two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.

Tuscano

What? I assumed you liked your women LATE with WET hair!
Vorresti essere me

Hobby

Quote from: Tuscano on Jun 10, 2022, 06:47 PMWomen don't wear make-up for men...They wear it for other women.

My pet peeve of women's makeup? Gigantic fake eyelashes! What are they thinking!

Actually, I think it was men who started wearing makeup first.  I will see what I can find and post the article.

Hobby

Men's Makeup Throughout History
The earliest records of men wearing makeup date as far back as 3000 BC in China and Japan. Men during this period used natural ingredients to create a sort of nail polish, which was a sign of status and wealth. Additionally, the earliest archaeological discovery of makeup tools used by men was found in China. It consisted of a "portable" makeup box with a bronze mirror, wooden comb, scraper, powder box, and small wooden comb.2

https://www.humanistbeauty.com/men-and-makeup/

Short enough for you Tuscano?

dogwalker

Indeed I've seen a lot of that type of stuff in museums around the world.  Men had the power and wealth and showed it off.  Same with piercings, clothes etc.  Men often wore or decorated themselves with things more dramatic or showy than women of the same era.