Ronald Dion DeSantis

Started by Bande, Jun 22, 2022, 04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bande

Ronald Dion DeSantis For President 2024.......
Hell Yeah....

dogwalker

Trump will accuse him of being a Nazi pedophile and he'll be done.

Bande

Bande

Bande

dogwalker

I'd rather have Mickey Mouse win.  Free admissions to Disneyworld everyone!

dogwalker

He may have to beat Liz....lol

bats

So, Florida's idiotic "Stop WOKE Act" was blocked today by a federal judge on First Amendment grounds.

Ron DeSantis and his fellow Republican fascists in the Florida legislature passed the law to prohibit employers from promoting certain "progressive" concepts. As the judge noted:

If Florida truly believes we live in a post-racial society, then let it make its case. But it cannot win the argument by muzzling its opponents.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/litigation/florida-law-curbing-woke-workplace-bias-training-blocked-by-judge-2022-08-18/

Hobby

I will vote for Pence if he runs in 2024
Like Like x 1 View List
Hobby

Danno

Pence is too weak for the job. Couldn't even confront Trump for trying to get him killed. Mommy probably told him not to.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

bats

If Trump can't run because of his legal problems, I'd think DeSantis would be the nominee over Pence. DeSantis is the kind of authoritarian asshole that Trump's base likes.

dogwalker

Yes don't forget they did.....and probably still want to.....  HANG MIKE PENCE!
Election is a long ways away.  Lots of early favorites have quit early in the past so we'll see.......

HighStepper

Quote from: bats on Aug 18, 2022, 03:22 PMSo, Florida's idiotic "Stop WOKE Act" was blocked today by a federal judge on First Amendment grounds.

Ron DeSantis and his fellow Republican fascists in the Florida legislature passed the law to prohibit employers from promoting certain "progressive" concepts. As the judge noted:

If Florida truly believes we live in a post-racial society, then let it make its case. But it cannot win the argument by muzzling its opponents.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/litigation/florida-law-curbing-woke-workplace-bias-training-blocked-by-judge-2022-08-18/
Ron DeSantis screams about "woke" without even understanding what the word means.
The term "woke" it is the latest right wing "boogieman" word to drive divisiveness.
Dictionary definition - Woke (/ˈwoʊk/ WOHK) is an English adjective meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination" that originated in African-American Vernacular English.

Personally I've never used the term. However, its recorded use goes back to the 1930's. Lead Belly (Huddie William Ledbetter) wrote a song about the Scottsboro Boys, nine African American teenagers, ages 13 to 20, accused in Alabama of raping two white women in 1931 because they were riding on a freight train together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrXfkPViFIE&t=36s

Listen from 4:20 to 4:29, after the song when Lead Belly advises everybody to "stay woke". that is one of the earliest known instances of the phrase being used. Woke is black people's slang, which has been twisted to mean something different. 
Too much sex is still not enough.

Danno

woke=informed, the one thing the GOP doesn't want you to be.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

bats

First time I heard it was about ten years ago. I was following this chick on Twitter, and she would make videos mostly about women's issues. She wasn't an "influencer" or anything like that, and I don't even remember her name anymore. But she concluded each of her videos by saying, "Stay woke."

In the context of her videos, I took it as advice to be vigilant about the entrenched power structures that are insidiously working against women and others who aren't straight white men.