Relying To Announcements

Started by Hobby, Mar 20, 2022, 01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

If you are attending, reply to the Announcement or RSVP! If not don't reply! Posting in reply lets the Host know who to expect and how many. This allows them to know how many tables, how much food or drink to order.  They may post a list of members on private board.

For the life of me I could never figure out why members feel the need to post they won't be attending. All this does is take up space on our Website Host Server. Now if they have already announced they are attending but something comes up its proper to post again they can't attend and then PM the host to cancel their RSVP.

If you plan to have a guest accompanied you, be sure to let the Host know, don't just show up with them as they might be turned away at
the party.

HighStepper

I essentially agree with you. Just saying you won't make it gives little usable information.

Sometimes it can be helpful to respond with why they can't come, i.e. I can never make weekends. Weekdays are better.
I can't come this time, but please keep me on the invite list for future events.

Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Quote from: HighStepper on Mar 20, 2022, 01:40 PMI essentially agree with you. Just saying you won't make it gives little usable information.

Sometimes it can be helpful to respond with why they can't come, i.e. I can never make weekends. Weekdays are better.
I can't come this time, but please keep me on the invite list for future events.

When the announcement is made weeks or months in advance why can't they set aside that date to attend? Members are always on the invite list unless they were a no a show flake and did not let the host know they cancelled or misbehaved at the event and got banned by the Host.

Don't get the wrong idea if they post says not attending the post will remain up.. After the party is over at some point in time the entire event announcement will be removed and achieved.