RIP Vin Scully

Started by Romanticlover, Aug 03, 2022, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romanticlover

He was the voice of the Dodgers for 67 years, he was 94 years old.
I grew up listening to Vin do the play-by-play of the games.
Like Like x 1 View List
Are we having fun yet?

DoctorTaco

A true baseball legend. 

HighStepper

Too much sex is still not enough.

Fathernature69

He will be missed. I loved his call of the 1991 NLCS, when Sid Bream slid into home plate to send the Braces to the world series.

Then there was the Kirk Gibson Hr off of Dennis Eckerly (spelling, yes I am lazy)

bats

Quote from: Fathernature69 on Aug 03, 2022, 06:57 PMHe will be missed. I loved his call of the 1991 NLCS, when Sid Bream slid into home plate to send the Braces to the world series.

Then there was the Kirk Gibson Hr off of Dennis Eckerly (spelling, yes I am lazy)
I couldn't find where Vin called the Sid Bream play, but in the 1981 NFC Championship game between the 49ers and Cowboys (the game with "The Catch") he was on the call for CBS.

He also called the game where Mookie Wilson's ground ball went through Bill Buckner's leg.

Fathernature69

Quote from: bats on Aug 04, 2022, 11:56 PMI couldn't find where Vin called the Sid Bream play, but in the 1981 NFC Championship game between the 49ers and Cowboys (the game with "The Catch") he was on the call for CBS.

He also called the game where Mookie Wilson's ground ball went through Bill Buckner's leg.

He had many calls: including Kirk Gibson HR in 88.  Kirby Puckets Hr in 1991, and Sandy's perfect game. 

He was missed the day left the broadcast booth.  I loved some of his commentary on players about charities they supported, only to interpret his commentary between pitches. 

RIP!

Go Giants!