Golf ...sometime it is better to say nothing...

Started by Tuscano, Aug 06, 2022, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuscano

I still struggle with golf but I have a VERY supportive foursome I play with every Saturday. And the following barely related story has no relation to my golf partners.

That said, at one time I was seriously into killing defenseless animals. A couple of fellow hunting fellows invite me to an upscale skeet facility...for a friendly? night shoot. I am clueless for the most part. There are 12 sites with two targets and you have one do-over to make a box of 25 shells. After sixteen shots, I miss, the hostess asks if I would like to take my bonus shot now. What???
I had not been paying attention. I had not missed a shot and my fellows were not happy! LOL!

Shooting...another story. I can be obsessive? New to the Navy, we had to go to the range and shoot a 45. I was seriously shocked! I don't remember exactly but likely I never hit the target! Humiliated, I purchase a pellet gun, a replica of the 45. I practiced EVERY night in my living room after dinner!  It was months before we returned to the range. Yeah, I qualified and more...
Vorresti essere me

dogwalker

Oh crap.....this was more about shooting than golf.  Talk about OFFFFF TOPIC !

Hobby

Quote from: dogwalker on Aug 07, 2022, 12:07 AMOh crap.....this was more about shooting than golf.  Talk about OFFFFF TOPIC !

You should have already known... I just wonder how many chapters there are in this book! LOL

dogwalker

Yes I know very well...duh.  A chapter a day would be nice.

Tuscano

@DW...What would you like? Golf is still new, and to me boring as far as stories go. SHOOTING! well, there I have "some" experience...
Vorresti essere me

bligslick