The January 6 Secret Service Text Scandal Turns Criminal

Started by Blkfyre, Aug 17, 2022, 10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

https://www.wired.com/story/secret-service-jan-6-text-scandal/

The Department of Homeland Security Inspector General told the Secret Service on Thursday to halt its investigation into the deletion of January 6 insurrection-related text messages because of an "ongoing criminal investigation" into the situation. Secret Service spokespeople have said conflicting things: that data on the phones was erased during a planned phone migration or factory reset, and that the erased messages were not relevant to the January 6 investigation. The Secret Service said it provided agents with a guide to backing up their data before initiating the overhaul process, but noted that it was up to the individuals to complete this backup.

Zero Day spoke to Robert Osgood, director of the forensics and telecommunications program at George Mason University and a former FBI digital forensics examiner, about the situation. "Osgood said that telling agents to back up their own phones 'makes absolutely no sense'— particularly for a government agency engaged in the kind of work the Secret Service does and required to retain records. The agency is not only charged with protecting the president, vice president and others, it also investigates financial crimes and cybercrime," reports Zero Day author Kim Zetter. "I'm pro-government, and [telling agents to back up their own phones] sounds strange," Osgood told Zetter. "If that did happen, the IT manager that's responsible for that should be censured. Something should happen to that person because that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my life.'"

bats

Quote from: Blkfyre on Aug 17, 2022, 10:13 AMThe Secret Service said it provided agents with a guide to backing up their data before initiating the overhaul process, but noted that it was up to the individuals to complete this backup. 
This is hilariously stupid if that's their story.

Bande

Well, the Hollywood production is doing its best to skew what people think.
Yet no Criminal Charges thus far. Like everything else the last few years they do not have shit.
The facts are on January 4th Pelosi denied USCPs request for National Guard.
On 1/6 USCP requests National guard help again at 12:58pm.
2.10pm Nancy finally approves it.
At 3pm Pelosi's daughter films Nancy asking for assistance, That she just approved. Can YOU SAY SCAM.
Trying to make someone else look bad..
Just by fate Nancys daughter was in attendance and filmed everything. You do Know Nancys daughter films documentaries. Right.. Can you say a SCAM to make someone look bad.
Another major FACT IS TRUMP at rally specifically stated lets peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.
Another thing Trump has stated he would testify only if the hearing was live. What you think the chances are of that we will see.
They only go live when they try to Lamb Baste Trump. If Trumps speaks I do not think they will go live Cuz they are scared of what he may say..

bats

Quote from: Bande on Oct 15, 2022, 05:02 PMWell, the Hollywood production is doing its best to skew what people think.
Yet no Criminal Charges thus far. Like everything else the last few years they do not have shit.
The facts are on January 4th Pelosi denied USCPs request for National Guard.
On 1/6 USCP requests National guard help again at 12:58pm.
2.10pm Nancy finally approves it.
At 3pm Pelosi's daughter films Nancy asking for assistance, That she just approved. Can YOU SAY SCAM.
Trying to make someone else look bad..
Just by fate Nancys daughter was in attendance and filmed everything. You do Know Nancys daughter films documentaries. Right.. Can you say a SCAM to make someone look bad.
Another major FACT IS TRUMP at rally specifically stated lets peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.
Another thing Trump has stated he would testify only if the hearing was live. What you think the chances are of that we will see.
They only go live when they try to Lamb Baste Trump. If Trumps speaks I do not think they will go live Cuz they are scared of what he may say..
How much of the hearings have you even watched? Doesn't seem you've watched any of it because if you had you wouldn't be making such ridiculous statements.

The "peacefully and patriotically" defense is utter nonsense. He said those words once during a rambling speech that was obviously designed to reiterate his bullshit grievances about the "stolen" election and to urge his supporters, some of whom he knew were armed, into attacking the capitol.

As for criminal charges, that's not the role of the committee. Never has been. That's for DOJ to decide, probably later rather than sooner.

Finally, Trump won't ever testify. He might want to, because he's an idiot, but if he did he would be going against the advice of his lawyers, who will tell him that if he were to do anything other than invoke his Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate himself he would be in deep shit. He's not going to talk, live or otherwise.

Hobby

Peacefully and Patriotically was code for attack....fight like hell, get pence or you wont have a country. 

Bande

Quote from: bats on Oct 15, 2022, 07:15 PMHow much of the hearings have you even watched? Doesn't seem you've watched any of it because if you had you wouldn't be making such ridiculous statements.

The "peacefully and patriotically" defense is utter nonsense. He said those words once during a rambling speech that was obviously designed to reiterate his bullshit grievances about the "stolen" election and to urge his supporters, some of whom he knew were armed, into attacking the capitol.

As for criminal charges, that's not the role of the committee. Never has been. That's for DOJ to decide, probably later rather than sooner.
Why would he testify before a hostile group who has been after him for 6 years and have failed everytime..

Finally, Trump won't ever testify. He might want to, because he's an idiot, but if he did he would be going against the advice of his lawyers, who will tell him that if he were to do anything other than invoke his Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate himself he would be in deep shit. He's not going to talk, live or otherwise.

Actually watched much of it. Have you? Maybe you have and have a comprehension problem.
The hearing was one sided not giving any opportunity to rebuttal or ? anything. Was all hear say, no hard evidence presented at all. A SHAM that they scheduled to fill the airwaves in a DESPERATYE attempt when midterms are around the corner.
Total waste of our dollars for a SHIT SHOW....
Hired a Hollywood movie producer to produce, Pellosis daughter (a documentary producer) just happened to be there to film. Purely all organized to discredit the ones they are scared of..
Pellosi denied the National guard (A Fact). SCAM
Yep, a SHIT show that nothing will become of it except our $$ being wasted..
Why would he testify before a hostile group that has been after him for 6 years and failed. GET A CLUE My Friend..
Did I say charges by the committee? Noooo.. Yet no matter what no charges...

bats

Quote from: Bande on Oct 15, 2022, 07:29 PMWhy would he testify before a hostile group that has been after him for 6 years and failed. GET A CLUE My Friend..
Did I say charges by the committee? Noooo.. Yet no matter what no charges...
You keep making it sound as if you believe nobody has found any wrongdoing by Trump. But that's simply not true. The Mueller Report detailed many instances of chargeable obstruction of justice that were glossed over and mischaracterized by Trump's corrupt AG.

There's also the fact that the Trump campaign welcomed help from the Russians in their effort to undermine the Clinton campaign. But Mueller said they couldn't find enough evidence of a criminal conspiracy to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Conspiracy can be difficult to prove, so that's not surprising, but man there was a lot of dodgy shit going on with the Trump campaign. (Why do you think so many of Trump's campaign people were convicted of felonies?)

Most importantly, crooks can get away with their crimes for a long time until they get caught. Trump is about to find that out, even if he and his snowflake supporters will cry that it was just so unfair.

El_oso_33

What I find interesting is the vast majority of witnesses are Republican? If this is all a witch hunt to nail Trump these "woke" Republicans are lead hunters.

Woke = No longer asleep at the wheel.
Just a dancing bear trying to get my groove on✌️🐻

Danno

All Republicans that Trump selected. Even Kayleigh McEnany, who lied for Trump more than anyone, had to speak out against him.
Quote from: El_oso_33 on Oct 16, 2022, 08:39 AMWhat I find interesting is the vast majority of witnesses are Republican? If this is all a witch hunt to nail Trump these "woke" Republicans are lead hunters.

Woke = No longer asleep at the wheel.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Danno

Trump Organization charged Secret Service as much as $1,185 per night to stay at Trump properties

During Donald Trump's presidency, Trump hotels charged the Secret Service as much as $1,185 per night, more than five times the recommended government rate, and the high rates continued after he left office, according to an investigation released Monday by the House Committee on Oversight and Reform.

Beginning in January 2017 through Sept. 15, 2021, the Secret Service received at least 40 waivers to let it spend more than the recommended per diem rates to stay at Trump properties to protect Trump as a president and former president, and also to protect those around him, the investigation found.

In one ledger obtained by the Oversight Committee and published in the report, the Secret Service was charged $1,160 for a room at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. for agents protecting Eric Trump on March 8, 2017. The government rate for D.C. on that night was $242. On Nov. 8, 2017, another ledger shows that the Secret Service was charged $1,185 to lodge agents protecting Donald Trump Jr. The government rate was $201.

The Trump Organization and the Secret Service did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Trump Organization properties overall charged the Secret Service more than $1.4 million for agents' accommodations when traveling to protect former President Trump, according to figures first reported by The Washington Post.

But it was previously unknown that a single night's stay for the agents could cost the government agency, and therefore taxpayers, as much as $1,185.

House Oversight Committee Chairwoman Carolyn Maloney detailed the new findings in a letter to Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle on Monday, noting that then-President Trump said federal employees traveling with him would be able to stay in his company's properties for free or at cost.

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

bats

bladegunner

u guys are not only woke but brilliant too meaning also! so go show the dumb clowns how much you know which way the winds blow! Imagine the striking benefits! Fundamental fucking change yo!Transformational arguably. Gosh darn good looking world. I digress. Hence will reiterate.A few of you appear, arguably, questionably smart or at least aware.So go do something somewhere.thats the american way.git er done.

bladegunner

wouldn't tell folks they are deplorable or stupid or any juvenile things. generally how the way 2 roll. heard tell anyway

Bande

Quote from: bats on Oct 15, 2022, 08:13 PMYou keep making it sound as if you believe nobody has found any wrongdoing by Trump. But that's simply not true. The Mueller Report detailed many instances of chargeable obstruction of justice that were glossed over and mischaracterized by Trump's corrupt AG.

There's also the fact that the Trump campaign welcomed help from the Russians in their effort to undermine the Clinton campaign. But Mueller said they couldn't find enough evidence of a criminal conspiracy to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Conspiracy can be difficult to prove, so that's not surprising, but man there was a lot of dodgy shit going on with the Trump campaign. (Why do you think so many of Trump's campaign people were convicted of felonies?)

Most importantly, crooks can get away with their crimes for a long time until they get caught. Trump is about to find that out, even if he and his snowflake supporters will cry that it was just so unfair.

You are delirious my friend. Still stuck on the Russian connection which was unfounded. Those convicted people if broke the law deserves it as well as ChinaBidens MOB family. Yet Trump has not been charged with all the lies, corruption, fake testimonies, falsified documents he is still surviving. 6 years and still a free person.
Funny how you are so much against Trump who is a HAS Been and yet not concerned with the Current Administrations lawlessness along with the economy going to SHIT. Priorities are WHACKED my friend.
Trump is a has been and The PEOPLE need to focus on the CURRENT. It is like lets put all the focus ON TRUMP and the DUMB AMERICANS will overlook what we are doing to gain CONTROL...  All the time taking our FREEDOMS and ECONOMY stature from us..
TRUMP really must of hurt your feelings and made you cry.. Sad you think that way with Trump whom had one of the BEST economies in history and built our military back up. Even built up our oil reserves in which DEMONCRATS were against. and the MILITARY had been dismantled with previous administrations.. Hell, TRUMP even had us ENERGY independent now CHINABIDEN is begging the Saudis.. CRAZY how people support these FOOLS..

bats

Quote from: Bande on Oct 19, 2022, 08:00 PMYou are delirious my friend. Still stuck on the Russian connection which was unfounded. Those convicted people if broke the law deserves it as well as ChinaBidens MOB family. Yet Trump has not been charged with all the lies, corruption, fake testimonies, falsified documents he is still surviving. 6 years and still a free person.
Funny how you are so much against Trump who is a HAS Been and yet not concerned with the Current Administrations lawlessness along with the economy going to SHIT. Priorities are WHACKED my friend.
Trump is a has been and The PEOPLE need to focus on the CURRENT. It is like lets put all the focus ON TRUMP and the DUMB AMERICANS will overlook what we are doing to gain CONTROL...  All the time taking our FREEDOMS and ECONOMY stature from us..
TRUMP really must of hurt your feelings and made you cry.. Sad you think that way with Trump whom had one of the BEST economies in history and built our military back up. Even built up our oil reserves in which DEMONCRATS were against. and the MILITARY had been dismantled with previous administrations.. Hell, TRUMP even had us ENERGY independent now CHINABIDEN is begging the Saudis.. CRAZY how people support these FOOLS..
Sadly, Trump is not a has-been. He continues to wield considerable power over the Republican party, if for no other reason than Republican politicians are afraid of pissing off his base. As of today, he's the likely Republican presidential nominee in 2024.

It's important that he be held accountable for his many crimes against American democracy as a first step toward staving off the rise of autocracy in the United States. Far too many Americans either don't perceive the threat or are actually now against democracy. That's something we wouldn't have thought possible just a few years ago.

Meanwhile, you constantly post unfounded crap about Biden's supposed criminal behavior. But there are no credible accusations of wrongdoing against Biden at all. The videos you post come from people who have monetized outrage by telling lies to their consumers. You're one of those consumers.

In this post you've also hinted that you believe some massive conspiracy is afoot. Apparently, you believe the Democrats are putting all this focus on Trump to get "dumb" Americans to look the other way as their freedoms are robbed from them. Frankly, that seems awfully paranoid.