Trump openly embraces, amplifies QAnon conspiracy theories

Started by Blkfyre, Sep 16, 2022, 03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

So Trump has finally admitted to going off the deep end...

https://apnews.com/article/technology-donald-trump-conspiracy-theories-government-and-politics-db50c6f709b1706886a876ae6ac298e2?fbclid=IwAR0f-_RW8H25v8p3wl-mV66tkMPW0_Ms6QbONctFn-sXzDbYM8zrUtY7cdQ

After winking at QAnon for years, Donald Trump is overtly embracing the baseless conspiracy theory, even as the number of frightening real-world events linked to it grows.

On Tuesday, using his Truth Social platform, the Republican former president reposted an image of himself wearing a Q lapel pin overlaid with the words "The Storm is Coming." In QAnon lore, the "storm" refers to Trump's final victory, when supposedly he will regain power and his opponents will be tried, and potentially executed, on live television.

As Trump contemplates another run for the presidency and has become increasingly assertive in the Republican primary process during the midterm elections, his actions show that far from distancing himself from the political fringe, he is welcoming it.

He's published dozens of recent Q-related posts, in contrast to 2020, when he claimed that while he didn't know much about QAnon, he couldn't disprove its conspiracy theory.

HighStepper

Trump is delusional and dangerous.

You cannot view this attachment.

Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Why are we wasting time talking about Trump?  He is a loser and soon will be gone...

HighStepper

Quote from: Hobby on Sep 16, 2022, 11:16 PMWhy are we wasting time talking about Trump?  He is a loser and soon will be gone...
Oh how I wish you to be right. It would be preferable if Trump did like most former presidents, fade away from politics. However, Trump insists on being political active. He has substantial influence on the Republican Party.  He is a current threat to democracy. Therefore, we have to pay attention to what he is up to.

Danno

Yesterday Trump said he is running for his 3rd term. Lol
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

zoezane

People are getting paid to wear t-shirts "blacks for trump" on CRIAGS LIST
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

Hobby

Trump is nearing the end of his rope.  DOJ is being as fair as they can with Trump.  The sad thing is Trump is damaging the Republican Party. Trump will be indicted and found guilty over the documents he took, he may not get prison time for it but will be disqualified from holding any public office.

HighStepper

Quote from: zoezane on Sep 18, 2022, 12:46 PMPeople are getting paid to wear t-shirts "blacks for trump" on CRIAGS LIST

Never forget that Trump is an experienced showman that knows how to promote himself.

HighStepper

Quote from: Blkfyre on Sep 16, 2022, 03:25 PM...He's published dozens of recent Q-related posts, in contrast to 2020, when he claimed that while he didn't know much about QAnon, he couldn't disprove its conspiracy theory.

The 21-year-old daughter of a man who police said killed his wife, the family dog and severely injured his 25-year-old daughter said her father was radicalized by QAnon. Link
There are a number of stories about tragedy that has come from the radicalization of QAnon believers. What we have is a religious like cult. The believers feel God is guiding them. Like religious fanatics they are willing to martyr themselves. They are willing to die for their cause, Donald Trump.

Trump is in fear that he might suffer real legal consequence for his extensive criminality. I don't believe he will be indicted for the papers at Mar-A-Lago. Consider how the government pussy footed around with extraordinary deference to Trump in retrieving the documents. If is was such a dangerous crime why didn't the government act more expeditiously.

So, with the fear of being charged over a crime, whatever it might be, he is hedging his bet on his ability to escape a judicial reckoning.  He is cultivating an "army" of loyal fanatics that will fight for him.

bats

Quote from: HighStepper on Sep 19, 2022, 03:09 PMTrump is in fear that he might suffer real legal consequence for his extensive criminality. I don't believe he will be indicted for the papers at Mar-A-Lago. Consider how the government pussy footed around with extraordinary deference to Trump in retrieving the documents. If is was such a dangerous crime why didn't the government act more expeditiously.
Early on they may not have had enough information to know how dangerous it was. But one possible reason they "pussy footed around" before going the search warrant route was that they wanted to give him every opportunity to hang himself. By moving incrementally they let him provide more and more evidence of his recalcitrance vis-a-vis the documents. Maybe.

I'm sure they would have preferred cooperation from the outset, but they also had to know that, Trump being Trump, they weren't dealing with a good-faith actor. Moving slowly may lead to a stronger case against him.

And it had better be strong. Because they really don't want to prosecute and than have him be acquitted. That would just bolster his narrative that he's the victim of persecution by the establishment.