Newsom Still Has Emergency Powers

Started by Romanticlover, Mar 24, 2022, 04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

The COVID emergency declaration allows Newsom to access federal funding and to override state laws while carrying out the state's pandemic response. However, some Republicans say continuing the emergency over a long period of time is unnecessary and gives the governor too much power.

Representatives from the California Hospital Association and California Professional Firefighters both urged the committee to keep the emergency declaration in place, as did the California State Association of Counties, Urban Counties of California and the mayors of Oakland and Los Angeles. Link

A key question, what specific things is Newsom doing today with the emergency powers that you do not like?
Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

Quote from: HighStepper on Mar 25, 2022, 06:27 PMThe COVID emergency declaration allows Newsom to access federal funding and to override state laws while carrying out the state's pandemic response. However, some Republicans say continuing the emergency over a long period of time is unnecessary and gives the governor too much power.

Representatives from the California Hospital Association and California Professional Firefighters both urged the committee to keep the emergency declaration in place, as did the California State Association of Counties, Urban Counties of California and the mayors of Oakland and Los Angeles. Link

A key question, what specific things is Newsom doing today with the emergency powers that you do not like?

I agree with the Republican legislators, it's unnecessary and gives the governor too much power. It's the principle of the matter.

As for Oakland and LA, perfect examples of Democrat controlled crime ridden cities. I use to live in LA and got the hell out of there.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

I went to College in Los Angeles in the 60's and 70's. I had a lot of fun in LA back then. Too crowed, too much traffic nowadays. I like to VISIT Oakland for the barbeque and Raider's games. And some sweet kinky ladies.

I accept your attitude about those cities. However, what is your take on the hospital associations and the fire associations speaking out against taking away the emergency powers?

Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

Most hospital and firefighter associations are union and we all know what political party they lean towards...yep you guessed it...Democrats.
It's possible they want easy access to funds, don't know and I don't care.

I'm done on this subject, time for a drink and make dinner.
Are we having fun yet?