Supreme Court Justice's wife encouraging an overthrow of our government??

Started by Zep, Mar 25, 2022, 06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

Yet there are groups calling for Thomas to resign or be removed.

Under the 1st Amendment, people have the right to peaceably assemble and to publicly express their opinion.

Notwithstanding his judicial positions, I've never liked him personally.
I watched/listened to his entire Senate confirmation hearing. I came away with three impressions:
  • Clarence Thomas lied under oath.
  • Anita Hill told the truth.
  • Joe Biden bought the race card and didn't allow collaborating witness to Hill's testimony.

So while some may see the outcry against Clarence Thomas with bewilderment, I understand the sentiment behind it.

However, I may see the call for him to go as the right thing, but for the wrong reason. As such he will not be impeached IMHO.

Too much sex is still not enough.

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Mar 26, 2022, 11:27 AMI think the Executive Privilege Protection ship sailed with Trump's appeal being shot down by the Supreme Court 8-1. Yes there are groups calling for Thomas to resign or be removed.
This latest scandal has nothing to do with Executive Privilege. And even if Thomas himself didn't do anything wrong, he should absolutely recuse himself from any cases that have to do with January 6th or the 2020 election.

Beyond that, a man of integrity would have resigned yesterday amid the texts showing his wife was plotting with the White House Chief of Staff to reverse the election. But Thomas is not a man of integrity. 

Bande

Quote from: bats on Mar 26, 2022, 01:44 PMThis latest scandal has nothing to do with Executive Privilege. And even if Thomas himself didn't do anything wrong, he should absolutely recuse himself from any cases that have to do with January 6th or the 2020 election.

Beyond that, a man of integrity would have resigned yesterday amid the texts showing his wife was plotting with the White House Chief of Staff to reverse the election. But Thomas is not a man of integrity.

Resign due to his wifes opinions? Integrity? No way in hell due to wifes opinions, this is America where everyone has the right of opinion. He should not resign. Typical bullying tactics that are being used.

bats

Quote from: Bande on Mar 26, 2022, 05:17 PMResign due to his wifes opinions? Integrity? No way in hell due to wifes opinions, this is America where everyone has the right of opinion. He should not resign. Typical bullying tactics that are being used.

She can have all the nutty "opinions" she wants. But when she actively plots with the White House Chief of Staff to overturn a lawful presidential election, that creates at least the appearance that Justice Thomas can't be counted on to rule impartially.

If Justice Thomas had any integrity at all he would recognize the problem and simply resign. But he has zero integrity, as shown by the way he lied in his confirmation hearings 30 years ago.