Supreme Court Justice's wife encouraging an overthrow of our government??

Started by Zep, Mar 25, 2022, 06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zep

So... Everyone good with Clarence Thomas's wife colluding with Mark Meadows and others to overthrow the government?  Pretty quiet on FoxNews about this tidbit.    I guess they are all too busy looking for Hunter Biden's laptop...
We all got two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.

Romanticlover

I don't have a problem if she was at Trump's rally but I do have a problem if she stormed the Capitol.
Are we having fun yet?

Zep

Quote from: Romanticlover on Mar 25, 2022, 06:25 PMI don't have a problem if she was at Trump's rally but I do have a problem if she stormed the Capitol.

I think she was the one wearing the buffalo horns,  I mean, IDK, that's just what someone said...   Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Romanticlover

I did some reading on her and she seems like a kook, if she committed crimes then she should be prosecuted.
Are we having fun yet?

Hobby

Women's March pushes for impeachment of Justice Thomas over wife's texts

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/599762-womens-march-pushes-for-impeachment-of-justice-thomas-amid-wifes-texts

Come on Really?  Impeach Thomas because his wife exercises her freedom of speech! I guess these women want to set the women rights back to the 1800s when men controlled them.

HighStepper

Ginni Thomas texts spark ethical storm about husband's supreme court role

I read on a news popup on my phone the other day about this situation. Numerous text messages between Ginni Thomas and Chief of staff Mark Meadows where she was pushing him to overturn the 2020 election, were turned over to the January 6th Committee.

OK so she is a fanatical Trump Supporter. What I think is sad is how stupid she was to buy into the loony theories of Sydney Powel. Even Trumped eventually backed away from Powel. This poor lady in her heart of hearts believes that the election was stolen with fraud.

"The direct connection between Ginni's texts and Clarence's dissent in the supreme court's ruling over disclosure of those same texts to Congress takes the issue to a new level. It raises the question of whether Clarence Thomas had any awareness of what was in the material that the January 6 committee demanded to see."

Supreme Court rejects Trump request to shield release of records to January 6 committee

Only Justice Clarence Thomas noted that he would have granted Trump's request.

Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Only Justice Clarence Thomas noted that he would have granted Trump's request.

Means absolutely nothing.  He could side with Trump that the records are privilege and not be disclosed.  We don't his reasoning, Thomas did not publish his dissenting opinion. All there can be is speculation as to what his opinion might be.

Zep

He should recuse himself of all rulings dealing with January 6th rebellion. His wife was helping to throw fuel on the fire..  we don't even have to find the laptop!!!

Hobby

Quote from: Zep on Mar 25, 2022, 09:22 PMHe should recuse himself of all rulings dealing with January 6th rebellion. His wife was helping to throw fuel on the fire..  we don't even have to find the laptop!!!

Like what the FBI found in Anthony Weiner's Laptop... I think he went to prison. You remember Anthony? What a Weiner! Ex-husband of Hillary's GF!

Zep

I knew we would get a Hillary comment sooner or later!  The butcher of Benghazi!!  How about those killer Kennedy boys!  Or the alcoholic wives of Nixon and Ford. Let's not forget about non-citizen Obama..   oh wait. Years ago, who gives a shit.

bats

Quote from: HighStepper on Mar 25, 2022, 07:38 PMThis poor lady in her heart of hearts believes that the election was stolen with fraud.

This is the truly loony part. But we've already had a glimpse of that craziness, both in her now-deleted Facebook posts and this brief quote from a writer who grew up across the street from her family in Omaha, NE:

"Her parents were the roots of the modern, crazy Republican Party. My parents were Goldwater Republicans, but even they thought the Lamp family was nuts."

Lamp is Ginni's maiden name.

HighStepper

Quote from: Hobby on Mar 25, 2022, 07:25 PMWomen's March pushes for impeachment of Justice Thomas over wife's texts
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/599762-womens-march-pushes-for-impeachment-of-justice-thomas-amid-wifes-texts

Come on Really?  Impeach Thomas because his wife exercises her freedom of speech! I guess these women want to set the women rights back to the 1800s when men controlled them.

This is not about a woman being controlled by her husband. The opposite, it is a concern about a woman controlling her husband.

I don't see grounds for impeachment, but certainly like Zep suggested, he needs to recuse himself.

Quote from: Hobby on Mar 25, 2022, 08:08 PM"Only Justice Clarence Thomas noted that he would have granted Trump's request."

Means absolutely nothing.  He could side with Trump that the records are privilege and not be disclosed.  We don't his reasoning, Thomas did not publish his dissenting opinion. All there can be is speculation as to what his opinion might be.

His opinion on Executive Privilege is not the issue. At issue is his wanting to drag out the process by having the Supreme Court hear the case. The typical Trump delay tactic. They are trying to run out the clock. Trying to get to the midterm when Republicans take over the house and the Jan 6th committee goes away.

As things are unfolding his wife is a potential witness. Again he needs to recuse himself.   
Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

So you think impeaching Thomas now will some how save Democrat seats in congress. Thomas could be a factor in the 2022 election had Trump not lost the election. So it doesn't matter what Thomas does or did... Thomas is not up for election. All removing Thomas would do is shift the balance from 6-3 to 5-4 court and this is what removing Thomas is all about. Americans do not like higher gas prices, higher grocery bills, higher housing cost and a 8% inflation rate will vote for change you can count on it.

Zep

I don't think anyone here is calling for his impeachment. I just don't want him voting on January 6th cases if they reach the Supreme Court.  He is influenced and biased due to association with his wife.

Hobby

I think the Executive Privilege Protection ship sailed with Trump's appeal being shot down by the Supreme Court 8-1. Yes there are groups calling for Thomas to resign or be removed.