Biden Classified Documents

Started by Bande, Jan 09, 2023, 06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 10, 2023, 12:42 PMI thought orangeman was the only President to do anything bad or illegal.

US intelligence materials related to Ukraine, Iran and UK found in Biden's private office, source tells CNN
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/10/politics/biden-classified-documents-iran-ukraine-united-kingdom-beau-funeral/index.html

'The documents were discovered on November 2, just six days before the midterm elections, but the matter only became public Monday due to news reports.'

Why am I not shocked?

Quote from: Bande on Jan 09, 2023, 06:41 PMOMG say it isn't so. Biden had stored Classified documents.
LMAO. Biden eats crow.
I'm sure many will back him up and is is all ok..
Hypocrites....

Funny, both of you stated Trump did nothing wrong. If he did nothing wrong, that means Biden didn't either right? Or are both your comments now admitting Trump has done something wrong?

Romanticlover

They both broke the law but they weren't using the documents for anything nefarious.
The difference was the FBI raided Trump's private residence with armed agents and it was reported immediately, the MSM kept Biden's story a secret for two months.
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 11, 2023, 11:03 AMThey both broke the law but they weren't using the documents for anything nefarious.
The difference was the FBI raided Trump's private residence with armed agents and it was reported immediately, the MSM kept Biden's story a secret for two months.

You forgot the other issue. They didn't need to raid Biden's place as Biden's lawyers IMMEDIATELY reported it to the appropriate places, and started the process to turn 100% of the documents over to the appropriate agency, thus removing the need to have armed agents have to raid his place because after saying they turned over everything, he hadn't.

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 11, 2023, 11:03 AM...The difference was the FBI raided Trump's private residence with armed agents and it was reported immediately, the MSM kept Biden's story a secret for two months.
As I recall it was Trump that broke the story to the news media, not the DOJ. (probably it would have been eventually leaked) Trump wrongfully having documents was not known by the general public for many months. IMO, Trump's main provable crime here is obstruction.

So the question is, when did Biden know that these documents were found. There is no crime in not publicly disclosing, but it stinks politically. As Romanticlover previously said, why are we not surprise?
  • The wrong of Biden in no way lessens the wrong of Trump.
  • Continue to investigate who had access to these documents (Biden/Trump)
  • Transparency in the who, what, how of investigations. 
  • Aids to Biden have done an exhaustive search and found more classified documents.

The elephant in the room question for me. How the f*ck do these documents get lost? Your local library knows what books are checked out and who has them. For me from a national security perspective this the major issue that does not seem to be adequately addressed.

Too much sex is still not enough.

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 11, 2023, 11:03 AMThe difference was the FBI raided Trump's private residence with armed agents and it was reported immediately, the MSM kept Biden's story a secret for two months.
Your over-dramatization is hilarious. First, the FBI executed a lawful search warrant on Trump's private residence only after Trump obstructed for months. Also, do you think agents are ever not armed when on duty?

Second, who said the MSM was keeping the story a secret? That makes no sense. If they'd known about it, they would have reported it.

Romanticlover

The FBI raid was a show of force, there was no need for them to be carrying M-4/AR-15 to an ex-Presidents home.
As for the Biden story, somebody kept it a secret for two months.

Are we having fun yet?

Romanticlover

Guess what, they found more documents at a second location but the White House has so far declined to speak about it.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/11/politics/biden-classified-documents/index.html
Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

I have a good guess why these things happen and and could happen to anyone.
I have the perfect solution for it, enabled by modern technology. 
I'll call the White House tomorrow to tell them about it.

Danno

after Trumps goones stormed the Capital, I think they where smart to be armed to the max.
Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 11, 2023, 03:16 PMThe FBI raid was a show of force, there was no need for them to be carrying M-4/AR-15 to an ex-Presidents home.

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 11, 2023, 03:16 PMThe FBI raid was a show of force, there was no need for them to be carrying M-4/AR-15 to an ex-Presidents home.
That looks like Secret Service to me. They were probably stationed like that in case Trump crazies thought about barging in.

You said the MSM kept the Biden story a secret. That's what I was disputing. Now you're saying it was "somebody." 

Romanticlover

Anyone care to defend Biden on the second location and why he won't comment or are you going to bring up Trump again?

Republicans are demanding a special counsel on the matter.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/garland-youre-listening-lindsey-graham-sends-doj-stern-message-biden-docs-case
Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 11, 2023, 05:42 PMAnyone care to defend Biden on the second location and why he won't comment or are you going to bring up Trump again?

What's to defend? It's a problem.

dogwalker

All them Trump and Biden documents were planted by Russians.....duh!   

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 11, 2023, 05:42 PMAnyone care to defend Biden on the second location and why he won't comment or are you going to bring up Trump again?

Republicans are demanding a special counsel on the matter.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/garland-youre-listening-lindsey-graham-sends-doj-stern-message-biden-docs-case

Since you asked: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/10/us/politics/trump-biden-classified-documents.html

How did the problems come to light?
Very differently.

In the case of Mr. Trump, the National Archives in the spring of 2021 realized that historically prominent files were missing and asked Mr. Trump to return them. The agency eventually retrieved 15 boxes and found that they included documents with classification markings. The Justice Department retrieved additional records after issuing a subpoena, but it developed evidence that Mr. Trump still had more.
In the case of Mr. Biden, the White House has said that his lawyers discovered the files on Nov. 2 when they were packing up to vacate the office at the Penn Biden Center. "The documents were not the subject of any previous request or inquiry by the archives," it also said.

How did they respond?
Very differently.

Mr. Biden's team reported the problem to the National Archives on the same day it was discovered, and the agency retrieved the materials the next morning, the White House said. It added that Mr. Biden's team has since cooperated with the archives and the Justice Department "to ensure that any Obama-Biden administration records are appropriately in the possession of the archives."
How did the problems come to light?
Very differently.

In the case of Mr. Trump, the National Archives in the spring of 2021 realized that historically prominent files were missing and asked Mr. Trump to return them. The agency eventually retrieved 15 boxes and found that they included documents with classification markings. The Justice Department retrieved additional records after issuing a subpoena, but it developed evidence that Mr. Trump still had more.
In the case of Mr. Biden, the White House has said that his lawyers discovered the files on Nov. 2 when they were packing up to vacate the office at the Penn Biden Center. "The documents were not the subject of any previous request or inquiry by the archives," it also said.
Mr. Biden said on Tuesday that his lawyers had acted appropriately: They immediately called the archives to turn over the materials. "We're cooperating fully — cooperating fully — with the review, which I hope will be completed soon," he said.

By contrast, Mr. Trump and his aides for months delayed responding to the National Archives' repeated requests, then failed to fully comply with the subpoena while falsely saying they had. A court filing also suggested that security camera footage shows that "government records were likely concealed and removed" from the storage room at Mar-a-Lago after the subpoena.

Mr. Trump has repeatedly attacked the National Archives for telling the Justice Department about the matter and portrayed the investigation as illegitimate. A federal judge is considering holding his team in contempt for defying the subpoena.

And the comment was, it was taken care of.

As far as bringing up Trump, it's implied that he is brought up because you are comparing what happened with Trump vs what happened with Biden, so, in essence you were the one bringing it up :)