Donald Trump Arraignment.

Started by Blkfyre, Apr 04, 2023, 12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romanticlover

Quote from: Blkfyre on Apr 04, 2023, 11:01 PMGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
ok, just

Since when did Sulu become a legal expert?
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Bande on Apr 05, 2023, 11:34 AMYou make me laugh... What is your comment about many respected and known legal experts say there is no basis for this.
Experts in the field. Grand Jury that is based where? Correct? Trump hating State that has made this political rather than legal based..

You should automatically disqualify any "expert" who claims there is no basis for the charges. Why? Because only the grand jury has seen the evidence thus far presented.

We do know, however, that PECKER is big, as is Michael Cohen. Former Trump Organization CFO Alan Weisselberg might also be a witness, as he is referenced 13 times in the DA's statement of facts.

Danno

the best thing is that they can't say a president hasn't ever been arrested. the next 4 arraignment won't have that to overcome.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Apr 05, 2023, 11:31 AMDid you get the D.A. Did not have a thing to tie to a felony charge.
All 34 charges are based on 1 misdemeanor item that is to old to prosecute.

Did you miss it is all political and no legal basis at all. Many legal scholars have stated this case has no basis to prosecute. Including your favorite channel CNN..

You should get out of your echo chamber sometime. They aren't misdemeanors, they are felonies:

https://www.npr.org/2023/04/04/1168094097/donald-trump-felony-charges-reaction-trial

"The indictment unsealed Tuesday includes 34 counts of falsifying business records with "intent to commit another crime and aid and conceal the commission thereof." That's a Class E felony — the lowest level of felony in the state of New York.

Each check was processed by the Trump Organization and disguised as a monthly payment for legal services under a retainer agreement, prosecutors say. "In truth, there was no retainer agreement," reads a statement of fact that accompanied the charges.

"Manhattan is home to the country's most significant business market," Bragg said in a press release on the charges. "We cannot allow New York businesses to manipulate their records to cover up criminal conduct.""

And they aren't too old due to a New York law:

https://www.reuters.com/legal/what-charges-does-trump-face-new-yorks-hush-money-case-2023-04-05/

"The statute of limitations is unlikely to be an issue, as it does not count time a defendant spends living outside New York state. Trump lived in Washington, D.C., while he was president and has lived in Florida since leaving office in 2021."

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 05, 2023, 11:50 AMSince when did Sulu become a legal expert?

This has nothing to do with the law, it's the conservatives idiotic logic:

When Trump is in office:

You can't prosecute because he's President

When Trump is out of office:

You can't prosecute because it's just political

HighStepper

Quote from: Danno on Apr 05, 2023, 09:07 AMidiots sending money to a so called Billionaire. lol

People can say what they want about Trump, but he is a master at the con.
It is quite common for cult leaders to bilked their followers out of their hard earned money.

Too much sex is still not enough.

dogwalker

He wrote a book called "Art of the Deal" and I suppose "deal" can have a broad meaning or application.
I do not know what he means by art of the deal. What is the "art" he is talking about for example, specifically his particular style?  I have not read the book.  I thought I might to get some insight into him.  However it's always checked out at my local library and I decided I'm not buying it.

Romanticlover

Quote from: Blkfyre on Apr 05, 2023, 06:19 PMThis has nothing to do with the law, it's the conservatives idiotic logic:

When Trump is in office:

You can't prosecute because he's President

When Trump is out of office:

You can't prosecute because it's just political

It's common sense logic: prosecuting an ex-President for a misdemeanor when you don't prosecute violent criminals makes it political

Every legal expert I've read on this indictment has said this case is weak and will probably be dismissed once it goes to trial, the chances of getting a conviction are slim.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/05/opinion/trump-bragg-indictment.html
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 05, 2023, 07:13 PMIt's common sense logic: prosecuting an ex-President for a misdemeanor when you don't prosecute violent criminals makes it political

Every legal expert I've read on this indictment has said this case is weak and will probably be dismissed once it goes to trial, the chances of getting a conviction are slim.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/05/opinion/trump-bragg-indictment.html

Sigh, told Bande, now you.

He's NOT being charged with misdemeanors, it's felonies.

And more than likely every legal expert you've read are ones who are Trump fans, so their conclusions are suspect...

Romanticlover

Quote from: Blkfyre on Apr 05, 2023, 10:59 PMSigh, told Bande, now you.

He's NOT being charged with misdemeanors, it's felonies.

And more than likely every legal expert you've read are ones who are Trump fans, so their conclusions are suspect...

So all the Trump haters such as John Bolton and Mitt Romney are suspect?
So Joe Scarborough on MSNBC and the legal experts on CNN are suspect?
The law professor who wrote that op ed is suspect?

Every legal expert is saying these charges are misdemeanors.

Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 06, 2023, 06:17 AMEvery legal expert is saying these charges are misdemeanors.
He is being charged with felonies.

• Citizens get selected for jury duty, they vote to indict.
  • Like anyone indicted he is arraigned.
  • He is presumed innocent
  • The prosecutor must convince 12 people, unanimously, to come back with a guilty verdict.
  • Fuck Trump. Let him go through the judicial process like anyone else.
  • If the verdict comes back "not guilty" then this story is over.

Too much sex is still not enough.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 06, 2023, 06:17 AMSo all the Trump haters such as John Bolton and Mitt Romney are suspect?
So Joe Scarborough on MSNBC and the legal experts on CNN are suspect?
The law professor who wrote that op ed is suspect?

Every legal expert is saying these charges are misdemeanors.

Every legal expert huh?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/legal-experts-donald-trumps-indictment/story?id=98362591

""The theory of the prosecution is exactly as we expected," Michael Bachner, former assistant district attorney in the Rackets Bureau of the Manhattan district attorney's office, told ABC News. "There was a scheme to bury stories through this catch and kill process in order to help Donald Trump get elected, and that these payments were in the campaign contributions which were improperly buried."

"The surprise here is that there were no surprises; at least no surprises that there was a more serious crime being charged," echoed Marc Scholl, who was a prosecutor in the Manhattan district attorney's office for nearly 40 years before entering private practice."

Romanticlover

Quote from: HighStepper on Apr 06, 2023, 01:10 PMHe is being charged with felonies.

• Citizens get selected for jury duty, they vote to indict.
  • Like anyone indicted he is arraigned.
  • He is presumed innocent
  • The prosecutor must convince 12 people, unanimously, to come back with a guilty verdict.
  • Fuck Trump. Let him go through the judicial process like anyone else.
  • If the verdict comes back "not guilty" then this story is over.

The problem is Trump can't get a fair trial with an impartial jury with all the negative publicity, I'll bet his defense moves for a change of venue.
Are we having fun yet?

zoezane

"rump-dump" has dark-evil, bad karma like Darth Vader but worse.  You know Darth Vader is EVIL, but rump-dump he get the award for the HUGEST TRICKSTER ON THE PLANET (years of generational bad programming and low vibration emotions like hate, anger, horror).

I read, when rump=dump was in his huge hotel gig, he got furious over 4 black men.  He spent lots of money to take them all out.  They went to prison on false charges and later proven not guilty.  Yeah, bad public words about people hurt them. rump-dump eat your own fucked up medicine.

When he saw Ivana got more attention than him he divorced her like a led balloon.  Don't make "rump-dump" mad at America because ......he will not Make American Great Again. 
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

zoezane

Hi Zoe, did you like how rump-dump looked in his court money making appearance? Yes, I did. He looked like shit.  Why Zoe?  Because his own negative energies is killing him. He has been world-wide humiliated.  He's going to go on rampage hurting ever human being on the planet like Hitler but worse.

Humans better check their own anger levels and not to get caught up in the hopeless shit show.
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor