Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon out at Fox News

Started by Blkfyre, Apr 24, 2023, 11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/24/media/tucker-carlson-fox-news/index.html

"CNN

Fox News and Tucker Carlson, the right-wing extremist who hosted the network's highly rated 8pm hour, have severed ties, the network said in a stunning announcement Monday.

Monday's shocking announcement that Fox had parted ways with Carlson appeared to come abruptly. Tucker Carlson was informed Monday morning that Fox News had decided to part ways with the prime time host, according to a source familiar with the matter.

The person, who was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter, declined to further elaborate about the abrupt end to the right-wing opinion host's employment at the network.

Carlson will not have a final farewell show, instead his last program on the network aired Friday."

The announcement came less than a week after the network agreed to pay $787.5 million in a defamation lawsuit in which Mr. Carlson's show, one of the highest rated on Fox, figured prominently. He was said to be surprised by the move.

Mr. Carlson is also facing a lawsuit from a former Fox News producer, Abby Grossberg, who claims that he presided over a misogynistic and discriminatory workplace culture. Ms. Grossberg said in the lawsuit, which was filed in March, that on her first day working for Mr. Carlson, she discovered the work space was decorated with large pictures of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wearing a swimsuit.

A Fox spokeswoman said on Monday that the show would be replaced with a new program called "Fox News Tonight."

The Fox News host Harris Faulkner said Monday while on air that, starting Monday evening, the interim show would fill the 8 p.m. hour "with rotating Fox News personalities until a new host is named."

This was NOT a good day for Faux News hatemongers, as not even an hour after Fox News announced that it was parting ways with Tucker Carlson, its popular prime-time anchor, the CNN anchor Don Lemon, a 17-year veteran of the network, said on Twitter that he had been "terminated" without having spoken to CNN management.

In response, CNN called Mr. Lemon's statement "inaccurate," saying that he was "offered an opportunity to meet with management but instead released a statement on Twitter."

To say this wasn't great news and well deserved is an understatement.

And, at least this will cut down on some of the godawful Youtube spam :)

HighStepper

Good riddance to the lying duplicitous Trump hater. Tucker Carlson can go back and crawl under the rock he came out of. 

Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

Maybe Tucker can get a job at CNN to help out their ratings. lol

It is odd that the networks would fire their #1 anchors.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 24, 2023, 02:06 PMIt is odd that the networks would fire their #1 anchors.

Not the first time.

Bill O'Reilly's reign as the top-rated host in cable news came to an abrupt and embarrassing end on Wednesday as Fox News forced him out.
Link

Fox News Media Cancels 'Lou Dobbs Tonight' Link

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 24, 2023, 02:06 PMMaybe Tucker can get a job at CNN to help out their ratings. lol
Tucker Carlson, Russian sympathizer, American democracy hater can get a job with Pravda Russian news outlet. He will fit in there very well.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Blkfyre

dogwalker

Interesting developments.  Neither are likely to just go away though.  The news today said Fox may have done Tucker a favor because supposedly he could make a lot more and have an even bigger audience on other media (podcasts, like Joe Roggen).

Danno

Made $35 million per year at Fox

Quote from: dogwalker on Apr 24, 2023, 05:37 PMInteresting developments.  Neither are likely to just go away though.  The news today said Fox may have done Tucker a favor because supposedly he could make a lot more and have an even bigger audience on other media (podcasts, like Joe Roggen).
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

I was wondering why Don Lemon got fired too.  IMO he often said some rather out there things but I would have assumed that CNN producers were behind it.  Anchors can and do go off script at times though.

bats

Some semi-interesting details from Forbes:

• It isn't publicly known whether Carlson was let go for cause, but he was reportedly in negotiations for a contract renewal through 2029. Poor guy.
  • Carlson reportedly earned between $15 million and $20 million yearly to spin his lies to a sizable audience of gullible, conspiracy-minded Americans. If there is a Southwest-style boarding policy in hell, Carlson should be in the "A" group.
  • Fox also canned a lesser host, the always-outraged Dan Bongino. So, for now, he'll have to make do by inciting anger on his podcast. Have to sell those unproven supplements someplace!
  • I had no idea that the only cable show with higher ratings than Carlson was Fox's "The Five," an insufferably insipid show that many people must like.

EDIT: I just saw that Fox has also fired Jeanine Pirro and Maria Bartiromo. Now, if only they could see fit to get rid of their two other prime-time liars.

https://bit.ly/41CLKkl

Romanticlover

It's being reported from unofficial sources that Tucker called his female boss a "c*nt".

As for Jeanine Pirro and Maria Bartiromo: they still work at Fox News
Are we having fun yet?

lifes_good

The guy is a media whore. He will say anything to make $.

In 2008 Tucker Carlson was msnbc's Senior Campaign Correspondent.

Carlson joined msnbc in February 2005 from CNN, hosting The Situation with Tucker Carlson and Tucker prior to being named the network's Senior Campaign Correspondent in March 2008.

At CNN, Carlson was the youngest anchor in the history of that network.

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna8063611

Romanticlover

That's a good point and people forget the past, Tucker has worked at all the cable news networks but only gets called a right-wing conspiracy nut because he worked at Fox.

Are we having fun yet?

Danno

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

lifes_good

I've never understood why anyone would believe anything he says other than it's what they want to hear.