Joe Manchin for president?

Started by Romanticlover, Jun 21, 2023, 09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romanticlover

Joe Manchin(D-WV) is considering a run next election, he hasn't publicly said he is running or filed the paperwork yet. Some Democrats are worried if he does run, he would take votes away from Biden and most likely his Senate seat would be won by a Republican. I like Manchin, he's a moderate with common sense. He can also walk and talk like a normal person.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-growing-worried-prospect-joe-manchin-launching-3rd-party-presidential-bid-terrible-idea

Are we having fun yet?

Danno

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

Joe Manchin is 75, he's sharp as a tack and still has his mental facilities unlike the dementia patient we have in the White House now.
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

thaikhan

I'd take Manchin over Newsom, Trump, Biden, and De Santis.  Shit, I'd take Hunter Biden over those 4.  At least he knows how to party.
Funny Funny x 2 View List

Romanticlover

Quote from: Danno on Jun 21, 2023, 01:06 PMbiggest polluter in the USA

Americans(outside of CA) don't care about electric vehicles, Biden and Newsom want to get rid of internal combustion engines. Taking away the V8 and peoples guns will piss off most Americans.

I travel around the country visiting family, one thing I never see are Prius and the occasional Tesla.
Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

I don't particularly like Manchin.  I like that he seems to be his own man but he also likes to throw a wrench into things, at least as a Senator.

Ummm but Ford is making a huge push into electric F-150 trucks (the Lightening), the gas version of which is probably the most popular vehicle in America.  They hope to make more of them than Tesla a few years from now.  Better that or a Prius or Tesla then Chinese EVs because you can bet your ass China has plans to attempt to introduce a cheap EV in the US.

Romanticlover

Yeah the Ford EF-150 is getting good reviews but they are having manufacturing problems so the delivery times are long.
Chevy discontinued the Bolt last year due to poor quality control and recalls, demand was lackluster.
The Prius III is getting good reviews.
I don't have a problem with EV, I just don't want them forced on me.
Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

I hear you.  I'm traditional and so I like gas engines too.

I have some beefs with EVs and don't believe some of the continual myths being propagated about them.
Yes they will not use gas or much oil which is supposedly good with regard to climate change.
HOWEVER they are FAR from environmentally friendly.
How are those batteries made and how will they be recycled?
Where is the electricity that powers them coming from? Coal, natural gas, dams.
May be better in the future but not now.
They still contain lots of steel and plastic (made from oil....lol).....non-renewable. 
And so on.

bladegunner

HighStepper

No Labels Party
We are a national movement of commonsense Americans pushing our leaders together to solve our country's biggest problems.
https://www.nolabels.org/

The centrist group is gaining steam — and raising money — in its effort to get a candidate on the 2024 ballot, with Joe Manchin at the top of their list. Link

Joe Manchin's connections to the oil and gas industry are no secret. The West Virginia senator is among the leading recipients of donations from fossil fuel companies in Congress. Manchin has holdings valued between $1 million and $5 million in Enersystems, Inc., the coal brokerage business he founded,
Too much sex is still not enough.

dogwalker

I found the No Labels website to be nonsense.  It's "no opinion" too.  They will have to take a stand on issues at some point.  Pro-military is about the only stand they took which is perhaps bipartisan and not very controversial.