Mitch McConnell freezes at press conference

Started by HighStepper, Jul 26, 2023, 12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoezane

bats   --- when I saw how Mitch looked humanly fooking wasted, I -------.  That guy got his own bitch back on himself.  Being a energy facilitator, it has opened my eyes how hateful humans destroy themselves.  He did not see that coming did he.
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

DoctorTaco

Mitch, Pelosi, Feinstein, Biden, Trump, etc etc....

I strongly believe that America needs a Constitutional Amendment with an age limit for POTUS, Senate, and the House.

Romanticlover

Are we having fun yet?

Danno

why don't we start with a 4 yr term for Supreme court justices. those others can be voted out.

Quote from: DoctorTaco on Jul 27, 2023, 09:31 AMMitch, Pelosi, Feinstein, Biden, Trump, etc etc....

I strongly believe that America needs a Constitutional Amendment with an age limit for POTUS, Senate, and the House.

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

DoctorTaco

Quote from: Danno on Jul 27, 2023, 05:11 PMwhy don't we start with a 4 yr term for Supreme court justices. those others can be voted out.

IMO, 4yrs is far too short. I have no issues with a term limit for the Judicial Branch, but at only 4 years that gives the current POTUS too much power, especially if they are elected for two terms. Not too mention its simply too much turnover for such an important branch due to their low number. I'd say an 18-year term is workable. With 9 Justices we'd have new blood every-other year.

DoctorTaco

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jul 27, 2023, 12:32 PMFeinstein also had a senior moment today:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/27/politics/dianne-feinstein-senate-committee-vote/index.html
As a registered voter of the great state of CA since I was 18, she was fucking embarrassing. You know she's bad when even Dems are saying she needs to step down.

HighStepper

Quote from: DoctorTaco on Jul 27, 2023, 09:54 PMAs a registered voter of the great state of CA since I was 18, she was fucking embarrassing. You know she's bad when even Dems are saying she needs to step down.
Senator Mitch McConnell and Senator Dianne Feinstein over the decades have made a lot of accomplishments, (accomplishments that one may or may not agree with) so there is a lot of respect for them from their Senate colleagues.

Feinstein not retiring may be a strategy to help Governor Newsom avoid political pitfalls. If she retires Newsom has to appoint someone to fill the vacancy. Amidst the political drama to appoint a black woman and potential disadvantages to other announced candidates for Feinstein's seat. 
Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

Newsom painted himself into a corner with promising to appoint a black woman and the reparation task force.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jul 28, 2023, 01:57 PMNewsom painted himself into a corner with promising to appoint a black woman and the reparation task force.
You do understand that he can't appoint a whole task force, right? lol

Romanticlover

Quote from: bats on Jul 28, 2023, 02:59 PMYou do understand that he can't appoint a whole task force, right? lol

You do understand that he signed a bill to enact a reparations task force, right? lol

Get a life bats, I'm sick of your shit.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jul 28, 2023, 03:20 PMYou do understand that he signed a bill to enact a reparations task force, right? lol
I mean, I figured there was something about your mangled statement that I wasn't understanding, but in plain English you suggested he would appoint a Black woman AND some task force to replace DiFi in the Senate were she to retire.

I thought it looked funny. Learn to take a joke. Heck, I even added the "lol" so you'd know I was joking.

bladegunner

promising tokens in lieu of actual capable leaders is a failure of leadership. Harris checked the boxes.