FDA & CDC authorizes COVID-19 4th booster

Started by Romanticlover, Mar 31, 2022, 05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romanticlover

You have to admit this is getting ridiculous. If the first three didn't work what makes you think the 4th one will?

Anyone lining up to get jabbed again?
Are we having fun yet?

Zep

I will take another if my personal physician says that it is best for me. Just my opinion but if anyone isn't following their doctors directions, they should find another doctor or they are not very bright.   
We all got two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Mar 31, 2022, 05:09 PMYou have to admit this is getting ridiculous. If the first three didn't work what makes you think the 4th one will?
What are you talking about? The data show that the first three have worked remarkably well. But we know that protection wanes over time. Hence, the boosters.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Mar 31, 2022, 05:09 PMYou have to admit this is getting ridiculous. If the first three didn't work what makes you think the 4th one will?

Anyone lining up to get jabbed again?

So you think that people who line up each year to get a flu shot is ridiculous as well? Because this is all that is, a booster to give you better resistance to a virus.

Romanticlover

The flu shot is different every year whereas this vaccine is the same old one.
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Mar 31, 2022, 06:17 PMThe flu shot is different every year whereas this vaccine is the same old one.

The flu shot is different because they have to GUESS which varian of the flu will be active the following year. If they guess right, YAY! Fewer people get sick, if they don't, more will.

This is an active virus. They don't have to guess. They can test the current variations against their vaccine real time. If during their tests the vaccine is still effective, then there is no need to reformulate.

Romanticlover

Are we having fun yet?

thaikhan

Quote from: Blkfyre on Mar 31, 2022, 06:21 PMThe flu shot is different because they have to GUESS which varian of the flu will be active the following year. If they guess right, YAY! Fewer people get sick, if they don't, more will.

This is an active virus. They don't have to guess. They can test the current variations against their vaccine real time. If during their tests the vaccine is still effective, then there is no need to reformulate.

You should read up how flu vaccines are determined before you make false claims. Covid vaccines can and should follow the same process. Instead it's been made political by dumbocrats and retardicans. 

Let's see who's the first to blame it on the other party

Hobby

Quote from: thaikhan on Mar 31, 2022, 08:45 PMYou should read up how flu vaccines are determined before you make false claims. Covid vaccines can and should follow the same process. Instead it's been made political by dumbocrats and retardicans. 

Let's see who's the first to blame it on the other party

I have to agree with Blackfrye on this one. Covid is not like other flu virus. For flu vaccines it is a guessing game.  Covid is here now and all around the world and under constant monitoring for mutations, variants. In real time a variant can be compared with recent vaccines to determine if the current available vaccines will be effect. They have the variant viruses dna mapped out.

I guess I have to roll my sleeve up again a fourth time..... I do like the nice side enhancement effect from the vaccine.  Each time I have been vaccinated my dick grew and inch.  In three vaccination my dick doubled in length and girth.! LOL

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Mar 31, 2022, 07:01 PMGovern me harder Daddy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IVK24t_33Y

Thanks Romanticlover for the link to that video. Am I a pervert because I watched it 3 times?  :D
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I have my 3 shots with no ill effects. So if my doctor believes I need to get the 4th shot I have no problem doing it.
Although, there is a cynical part of me that wonders if this a ploy for big pharma to make money.
Too much sex is still not enough.

dogwalker

Only those 50 and older [or immune compromised, etc.] are eligible for now.

Romanticlover

One reason I brought this up is both my parents had three shots and still contracted COVID, luckily it was mild and didn't require hospitalization. I was discussing the 4th booster with them and they told me they are going to get it.

I'm not anti-vax but I stopped at two doses, I also contracted COVID last summer and feel my anti-bodies are enough.
Are we having fun yet?

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on Mar 31, 2022, 06:07 PMSo you think that people who line up each year to get a flu shot is ridiculous as well? Because this is all that is, a booster to give you better resistance to a virus.

I would not say better! Continued immunity would be more accurate!

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 01, 2022, 12:49 PMI would not say better! Continued immunity would be more accurate!

No, better is the right word. ANY vaccine works the same, it gives you a XXX percent chance ABOVE what your normal immune system does to blunt, or if lucky eliminate the virus. So if my immune system gives me a 60% chance to avoid being affected and the vaccine gives me an 89% chance on top of that, that means I have 53.4% increased chance of my immune system fighting off the virus over it doing it by itself.

So any subsequent exposure to the virus I would have a better chance of resisting it. When you get a minor case of Covid instead of a major one it means that your immune system kicked the butt of most, but not all of the virus. There is enough still active to make me feel bad, but not enough left strong enough to hospitalize or kill me.
Crazy Crazy x 1 View List

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on Apr 01, 2022, 01:11 PMNo, better is the right word. ANY vaccine works the same, it gives you a XXX percent chance ABOVE what your normal immune system does to blunt, or if lucky eliminate the virus. So if my immune system gives me a 60% chance to avoid being affected and the vaccine gives me an 89% chance on top of that, that means I have 53.4% increased chance of my immune system fighting off the virus over it doing it by itself.

So any subsequent exposure to the virus I would have a better chance of resisting it. When you get a minor case of Covid instead of a major one it means that your immune system kicked the butt of most, but not all of the virus. There is enough still active to make me feel bad, but not enough left strong enough to hospitalize or kill me.

Better...of a more excellent or effective type or quality.
"hoping for better weather"

Continued... keep up, maintain continues walking. b : to keep going or add to : prolong continue the battle also : to resume after intermission. 2 : to cause to continue chose not to continue her subscription. 3 : to allow to remain in a place or condition : retain The trustees were continued.

Your use of Better per definition verb usage, used in your sentence is incorrect. You admit the vaccine is the same as in not better not worse.

"So you think that people who line up each year to get a flu shot is ridiculous as well? Because this is all that is, a booster to give you better resistance to a virus.