Proud Boy Joe Biggs receives 17 years in Jan. 6 seditious conspiracy case

Started by Blkfyre, Aug 31, 2023, 01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/proud-boy-joe-biggs-faces-decades-prison-jan-6-seditious-conspiracy-ca-rcna102597

A former top organizer for the Proud Boys who was convicted of seditious conspiracy and other felonies stemming from his leadership role in the Jan. 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol was sentenced on Thursday to 17 years in prison.

Joseph Biggs, a U.S. army veteran, was a leader of the group's Florida chapter and a close ally of the former Proud Boys chairman Enrique Tarrio. Biggs was convicted of seditious conspiracy in May alongside two other Proud Boys leaders following a more than four-month-long trial.

In handing down his sentence, U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly accepted the government's recommendation to apply an enhancement that effectively labeled Biggs' crimes as acts of terrorism in seeking to influence the actions of government through threats and use of force.

Prosecutors had sought 33 years in prison for Biggs, their longest recommended prison sentence yet for any participant convicted of joining the Jan. 6 assault -- their same recommendation for Tarrio. They had previously sought 25 years in prison for Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes, who was convicted for leading his far-right militia members in a separate seditious conspiracy and sentenced earlier this year to 18 years in prison.

Biggs' sentence is the second longest for any defendant charged in connection with the Capitol attack. Tarrio is set to be sentenced next Tuesday.

But yeah, these were just "tourists"...

Danno

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

dogwalker

He didn't get the memo that after the Capitol "tour" there was another "tour" that went to prison.....and stayed there for a long time.....lmao.  He should know every crack and paint chip there in 17 years.  Who is getting locked up now?

Bande

10 year terrorist enhancement for shaking the fence.

Not what the terrorist act was designed for.

We all should be concerned with the justice departments corruption.

Concern is The implementation of the terrorist act for shaking a fence.

Another concern is they sat on all these till this year, when could of been prosecuted last year.

Looks like election interference.

bats

Quote from: Bande on Aug 31, 2023, 10:28 PM10 year terrorist enhancement for shaking the fence.

Another concern is they sat on all these till this year, when could of been prosecuted last year.

The judge, who isn't part of the justice department, is the one who said the terrorism enhancement was technically applicable. Biggs will have an opportunity to appeal.

Criminal statutes aren't designed to fit specific cases. That's why we have judges.

Trump and his allies are the ones claiming election interference because Trump can't ever admit that he's done anything wrong in his entire life. Thus, whenever someone tries to hold him accountable, he claims he's the victim of witch hunts and political persecution. The dude is a sociopath.

Also, they've been prosecuting these miscreants for a long time. Today was just Biggs's turn in the barrel.

thaikhan

Danno

so you are saying he never entered the capital?

Quote from: Bande on Aug 31, 2023, 10:28 PM10 year terrorist enhancement for shaking the fence.

HighStepper

After over a month of trial testimony a jury of 12 citizens found these sorry ass traitors guilty.

Hundreds of messages by the Proud Boys privately were exchanged on social media before, during and after the Jan. 6 attack. The messages showed the Proud Boys celebrating the attack on the Capitol and their role in it.

Quote from: Bande on Aug 31, 2023, 10:28 PMLooks like election interference.
Is this because the Proud Boys are agents for Trump?

Too much sex is still not enough.

zoezane

Blkfyre

My edited message about Nazi Hitler:

Amazon Documentary TVseries, "Hitler's Bodyguards".  Churchill had ONLY one guard (Albert Einstein escaped the Nazis, he was Jewish and alerted Churchill to Hilter). Hitler had thousands of bodyguards to stop his enemies, the SA and SS were created.  Hilter made sure that his bodyguards, if they were found not totally loyal, he killed them.  The SS wore black and white, his sadist S&M bodyguards, the most, violent men. Hitler was a raging, hateful trouble making Austrian not German, sent to prison for high treason.  The German people were manipulated by his cunning, secretive, contolling plans. They voted in a politican thug for a leader.  You might equate Hitler to gangsters.  I will not disrespect gangsters.  Hitler was not a gangster but a fist fighter, illegitimate baby.  The Germans listened to him.  He promoted the Aryan race.  If a top, SS bodyguard father had a weak genertic child they killed that son at the mental intuition.  When a girl got her period, she was tested for the Aryan perfect race.  If not perfect she was eliminated.  Hitler killed over 50 million people and some were Germans.  If you were not loyal to Hitler he had you killed.  Does this sound familiar?

Guess who studied Hitler?  Mr. Trump!
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

thaikhan

Last I checked, everyone here had to study Hitler.  World War II is still being taught in school and World War II does revolve around Hitler.  Do better; Be Better.

Danno

not in all states.
Quote from: thaikhan on Sep 01, 2023, 01:37 PMLast I checked, everyone here had to study Hitler.  World War II is still being taught in school and World War II does revolve around Hitler.  Do better; Be Better.

Danno

isn't proud boy, what they call a bull after their nuts are cut off

Bande

When Trump wins 2024 He will pardon all these people.

Trump 2024..

Bullshit terrorist enhancements... Twisting the law from its intentions.

Crazy how many puts up with this corrupt, politicized justice system.

OI yeah, cuz many are PUSSIES and take it. Cant speak on the misdeeds.

1000s of trumped charges and yet hardly any charges from the deadly riots that destroyed so much , not to mention all the deaths and injuries/\..

Continue on!

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Sep 04, 2023, 08:28 PMWhen Trump wins 2024 He will pardon all these people.

Trump 2024..

Bullshit terrorist enhancements... Twisting the law from its intentions.

Crazy how many puts up with this corrupt, politicized justice system.

OI yeah, cuz many are PUSSIES and take it. Cant speak on the misdeeds.

1000s of trumped charges and yet hardly any charges from the deadly riots that destroyed so much , not to mention all the deaths and injuries/\..

Continue on!

"U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly, who handed down Biggs' sentence, ruled earlier in the hearing that Biggs' tearing down of a fence between police and rioters qualified him for a terrorism sentencing enhancement sought by prosecutors. Destroying the fence was a "deliberate, meaningful step" that contributed to the disruption of the electoral vote count occurring in the Capitol, Kelly said."

"Before his sentence was handed down Thursday, he said that he was sorry and that he knew he "messed up" on Jan. 6.

"I apologize for my rhetoric," Biggs said, adding that he used it as a way to deal with what was going on with his family after a member of their family molested his daughter. "

Silly question: You say the terrorist enhancements are bullshit right? Why is that when he ADMITTED to doing the things which earned him the enhancements?

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Sep 04, 2023, 08:28 PMWhen Trump wins 2024 He will pardon all these people.

Of course we can expect Benedict Donald to pardon his traitorous supporters. These are the people that bought in to the "Big Lie" that Trump was pushing. In their minds they attacked the Capitol under his orders

People allegedly affiliated with organizations such as The Three Percenters, The Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, Texas Freedom Force, and other self-described Nazis and white supremacists were among the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol building. Link

Some of the unhinged pro-Trump rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol defecated inside the historic building and "tracked" their feces in several hallways. Link

Fox News reports One of the most malevolent, toxic moments in American history unfolded at the Capitol January 6th
Link

Domestic terrorism is generally defined by law as involving criminal acts dangerous to human life on U.S. soil that appear intended to coerce a civilian population or influence or affect the conduct of government. Link

Just off the top that comes to mind, acts of domestic terrorism.
  • Racially-motivated individual shot and killed 10 people in Buffalo, New York
  • Attack on a Pittsburgh synagogue left 11 people dead.
  • Racist kills 9 people in a black church during a prayer meeting.
  • Racist  killed three Black people in Florida. Published a racist manifesto.

The ideological rhetoric that fueled the violent acts of terrorism by the above groups that attacked the Capitol, is the same ideological rhetoric that fuels the attacks by these gunmen who terrorize their victims because of their race.
Too much sex is still not enough.