Proposed California's Mileage tax .

Started by Bande, Oct 08, 2023, 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bande

Stop the mileage tax.

Following video explains what is proposed.

Time to vote these politicians out...

Currently being tested in San Diego County..

Agree +1 Agree +1 x 1 View List

Danno

SANDAG'S proposed mileage tax is now a thing of the past. The mileage tax would have charged drivers four cents per mile after the year 2030. NBC 7's Kelvin Henry has more on blowback the proposal received and what lies ahead.Sep 22, 2023
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Danno

That Carl dude is a LOSER. Check it out

Bande

Quote from: Danno on Oct 08, 2023, 07:20 PMSANDAG'S proposed mileage tax is now a thing of the past. The mileage tax would have charged drivers four cents per mile after the year 2030. NBC 7's Kelvin Henry has more on blowback the proposal received and what lies ahead.Sep 22, 2023

Is It?
According to Steve Lheto it is still on the table.
In fact they sent questionnaires to classic car owners in which I can verify some I know received these.

Guess we will see.

This video explains it more than I can..

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Oct 11, 2023, 02:35 PMIs It?
According to Steve Lheto it is still on the table.
In fact they sent questionnaires to classic car owners in which I can verify some I know received these.

Guess we will see.

This video explains it more than I can..

That is because he wants to rile people up, which he knew would be successful, not tell them actual facts: https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/sandag-controversial-mileage-tax-meeting/3311916/?amp=1

Bande

Quote from: Blkfyre on Oct 11, 2023, 04:03 PMThat is because he wants to rile people up, which he knew would be successful, not tell them actual facts: https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/sandag-controversial-mileage-tax-meeting/3311916/?amp=1

We will see how it works out.
You have been wrong many times as well as I have.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Oct 11, 2023, 08:25 PMWe will see how it works out.
You have been wrong many times as well as I have.

How can I be wrong on something that was shown to be over?

kidinacandystore

Look, our precious libtard state is not going to give up a single tax penny from the sale of gasoline so they can take that money and mis-spend it on their other pet projects instead of fixing the damn roads.  With all this electric car shit going on, and the phasing out gas powered anything, by year whatever it is, do you really think they'll just throw up their hands and say, "Well, I guess that tax money is gone, so we'll just have to tighten our belts!" 

So, it's either a mileage tax, registration tax, or some other stupid-ass tax that they come up with to fund their little Greta Thunberg/John Kerry tribute slush fund because revenue neutrality and/or tax increases, is the name of the libtard game.

This was only a trial run...give it another month or two...lol...

Bande

Quote from: Blkfyre on Oct 12, 2023, 07:39 AMHow can I be wrong on something that was shown to be over?

Far from over... Get Real..

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Oct 19, 2023, 05:08 PMFar from over... Get Real..

Ok, where, other than a conspiracy nut's head, has it been shown not to be over?

dogwalker

I now vote down almost every tax and bond issue proposal.
Do taxes ever go down? Rarely it seems.   
My sales tax is now 10.75%.  They raise it 0.25% once in a while for some reason or the other (none of which I care about or directly help me much) and think no one notices?
My view is enough is enough at times so instead of continually asking for more tax money how about spending what they get more wisely and be happy they got that? 

Danno

school bonds always pass, see it on your property tax

dogwalker

Oh yes I know!  I DO see a longggg list of bond measure charges on my property tax bill (I'm guessing many don't realize that's how such bonds are usually paid for!) and that is why I vote down nearly all bond measures no matter how convincing they try to be that they are doing good.  At the end of the day they are TAXES to first pay down the interest then the principal on the bonds just like a loan which is what they are.  They are not entirely only a referendum on an issue as much as many try to disguise themselves as being.  Example: if you ask someone whether they support schools most might answer yes and vote yes if that was all that was the issue.  However if you ask voters whether they will support schools by paying another "$500" (or whatever--seems like it's never $1-ish) in property taxes per year for a long number of years more people would probably answer and vote no.

Are you a renter and don't own property?  Then you are still paying for the cost of bond measures because your landlord will usually want to pass on their cost to you.

Schools (as an example) are great.  They do a lot of good.  I have no issue supporting them to some degree but again I ask why so many seem to be unable to balance and keep to a budget instead of having their hand out to get more money they can (so often) mismanage after they go broke?  Their answer usually is along the lines of "well we have to buy or do all this stuff."  I say no you don't and a lot of that is a made up excuse to get more money.

Danno

Was in Virginia last week, gas was in the $3.50 range, their gas tax is 24 cents/gal less than California's. But here it it's about $2 more/ gallon. Someone is pocketing a lot of money. oil companies?
Had a kitchen at our hotel room so we bought food. All the things I usually buy here where the same price there. So location can't be the reason. Maybe the station owners are getting rich.

Romanticlover

Quote from: Danno on Oct 20, 2023, 06:41 PMWas in Virginia last week, gas was in the $3.50 range, their gas tax is 24 cents/gal less than California's. But here it it's about $2 more/ gallon. Someone is pocketing a lot of money. oil companies?
Had a kitchen at our hotel room so we bought food. All the things I usually buy here where the same price there. So location can't be the reason. Maybe the station owners are getting rich.

I know a station owner, his profit from gas is razor thin. He makes most of his money from cigarettes, food and drinks.

Those bond measures are on the ballot because soft-headed low IQ people sign whenever someone gives them a clipboard outside of Walmart, those people get paid for every signature and they don't care if the cost of everything goes up. I also vote NO on most of the ballot measures.
Are we having fun yet?