Trump Lawyer Kenneth Chesebro Pleads Guilty

Started by HighStepper, Oct 20, 2023, 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

Trump campaign attorney Kenneth Chesebro agreed to plead guilty Friday to a felony charge in the Georgia election interference case against Donald Trump. Link

Kenneth Chesebro will be required to testify truthfully at the trials of other co-defendants including Trump, if he is called as a witness.

This makes him the third of 19 co-defendants to plead guilty.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Danno

when it comes down to lying for Trump and suffer the consequences, or plead guilty and testifying against him for lesser punishment. Trumps toast. lol
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

dogwalker

bats

So here's an interesting interview with Chesebro's lawyer following his plea deal. His lawyer claims that the reason Fani Willis offered him probation was not because he had anything especially valuable that could be used against any of the other defendants but was instead because Willis wasn't ready for trial.

That could be self-serving lawyer-speak for the benefit of his client. Still, it also could well be that Willis doesn't want to go through the trouble of holding trials involving the lesser defendants, preferring instead to focus on the bigger fish (especially Trump).

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amp-video/mmvo196120133942

HighStepper

I think the DA was ready for the speedy trial. However, they preferred not to give a preview of their case evidence and strategy to the larger trial defendants.

Too much sex is still not enough.