Trump lawyer Jenna Ellis pleads guilty

Started by HighStepper, Oct 24, 2023, 08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TQUre_TmYQ

Video length 1:36
Jenna Ellis, an attorney with the 2020 Trump campaign, became the fourth co-defendant to take a deal to plead guilty. While not required she gave a statement to the court.

Too much sex is still not enough.

bats

Blaming all her wrongdoings on others is a funny way of taking responsibility.

bladegunner

it's a little bit funny, the feeling inside...sing with me

HighStepper

Quote from: bats on Oct 24, 2023, 08:14 PMBlaming all her wrongdoings on others is a funny way of taking responsibility.

She is using the Trump defense. I relied on the advice of my lawyers.

dogwalker

Waa she really a Trump attorney?  After all Sidney Powell wasn't (and yeh I'm being super sarcastic here).

@HighStepper: I seem to recall, at least for average people that do not have a gazillion dollars, ignorance of the law is a lousy defense....lmao.

HighStepper

Quote from: dogwalker on Oct 25, 2023, 12:33 AM@HighStepper: I seem to recall, at least for average people that do not have a gazillion dollars, ignorance of the law is a lousy defense....lmao.
Hypothetically, a man in California forces his wife against her will to have sex with him. He is IGNORANT of the law that says rape of a spouse carries the same penalties as rape of a person outside of marriage.  Thus, ignorance of the law.

He INTENDED to force her to have sex with him even though she did not want to have sex. Thus, mens rea.