Economy under Biden

Started by HighStepper, Jan 21, 2024, 12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

Since Biden has been in office my 401(k) and mutual funds stocks are increasing in value without me adding any additional funds.
Too much sex is still not enough.

dogwalker

Yes because there has been a bull market lately due to anticipation that inflation is getting under control,
except for last month, so if it's actually not....boom!.....market be dropping!
Who is responsible for that?  Not Biden.  The Federal Reserve mostly.

HighStepper

Thank you for making the point that presidents get to much credit and blame for stock market activity.
Donald Trump when he was president constantly bragged how he made the stock market the best ever. His political supporters kept beating the drum on how with Biden there would be a catastrophe.
Former President Donald Trump warned voters that if they elected Joe Biden, the stock market would crash and would see a depression. Link

Danno

yup, hope you had some nvidia stock, up 23% ytd. Caterpillar is another one that just paid for some sessions with the ladies.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Danno

delayed the interest rate decrease
Quote from: dogwalker on Jan 21, 2024, 03:47 PMYes because there has been a bull market lately due to anticipation that inflation is getting under control,
except for last month, so if it's actually not....boom!.....market be dropping!
Who is responsible for that?  Not Biden.  The Federal Reserve mostly.

Blkfyre

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Conservatives just can't give Biden credit on anything...
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Danno

Dow was over 38,000 today, S&P 500 all time high today. 3.7% unemployment and Fox news says that is bad for the country. Of course they did.

start at 4:30 mark
https://youtu.be/qAXbxQWZjbE?si=iJv_U7RK-n9ICVeB

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jan 21, 2024, 10:15 PMGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Conservatives just can't give Biden credit on anything...

Of course the economy picked backup when Biden took office.  The US was on lock down under Trump where many where millions lost jobs and business shut down.  Numbers for Biden would have been the same no matter who was president in 2021.  No I won't for Trump or Biden. Both are horrible leaders.

dogwalker

Exactly.  The White House and presidential policy can have some influence on the economy but it's myopic to think who is President is the only factor that influences it.  A CEO gets the credit and blame for how well a company is doing but the employees and customers have something to do with it too.

zoezane

Since we live in a country for freedom of expression and creativity, the stock market S&P high.  All of us have benefited from the great experiment, the constitution.  A planet will make it under this experiment.  It is the greed of men that destroys this planet.  What gets me, there is plenty for all of us.  Plenty plenty plenty, look around in nature, the abundance speaks the truth.
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

HighStepper

Quote from: zoezane on Jan 22, 2024, 04:03 PM...there is plenty for all of us.  Plenty plenty plenty, look around in nature, the abundance speaks the truth.
"The world has enough for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed."
― Mahatma Gandhi