Judge orders Trump removed from Illinois ballot

Started by Blkfyre, Feb 28, 2024, 11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

https://ground.news/article/judge-orders-trump-removed-from-illinois-ballot_60e67f

An Illinois judge barred Trump from appearing on the state's republican primary ballot due to his involvement in the Capitol insurrection, pending appeal.

Similar challenges regarding Trump's eligibility will likely be decided by the US Supreme Court.

Trump was removed from Colorado and Maine ballots for violating the 14th Amendment, with both decisions pending appeal.

HighStepper

How much longer is the Supreme Court going to take to render a decision about Trump off the ballot case? Perhaps sometime after the election, lol.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

SCOTUS ruled Trump can stay on the ballot.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-rules-trump-cannot-kicked-colorado-ballot-rcna132291

'The decision swiftly ended the legal fight over whether states could bar Trump from their ballots based on the Constitution's 14th Amendment.'

It was a unanimous decision with no dissenters, in the other thread I said it would be at least 7-2 and I was right.
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
SCOTUS is a joke, all taking bribes.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

It was a 9-0 decision, even the lefty Justices said it was unconstitutional.
Trump is going to be President again, deal with it.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Mar 04, 2024, 07:27 AMSCOTUS ruled Trump can stay on the ballot.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-rules-trump-cannot-kicked-colorado-ballot-rcna132291

'The decision swiftly ended the legal fight over whether states could bar Trump from their ballots based on the Constitution's 14th Amendment.'

It was a unanimous decision with no dissenters, in the other thread I said it would be at least 7-2 and I was right.
After oral arguments, the outcome was obvious even to left-leaning legal commentators. Everyone paying even scant attention knew this was coming.

Additionally, you got the rationale wrong when you insisted the Supremes would reverse because Trump hadn't been convicted of any serious felonies. That wasn't part of their reasoning.

You're patting yourself on the back for making a layup at the wrong basket.

Romanticlover

Quote from: bats on Mar 04, 2024, 10:24 AMAfter oral arguments, the outcome was obvious even to left-leaning legal commentators. Everyone paying even scant attention knew this was coming.

Really, then why are news stations(except Fox) saying this is a surprise decision?

You guys are hilarious, first you told me the CO ruling was legal now you're saying "we knew it wouldn't stand".

"The hypocrisy of the left has no bounds" - anonymous
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Mar 04, 2024, 10:35 AMReally, then why are news stations(except Fox) saying this is a surprise decision?
I have not turned on the TV yet, so I don't know the cable news stations comments. However, for weeks political pundits on cable news networks have speculated that the Supreme Court would rule in Trump's favor, but wondered what the judicial reasoning for doing so would be. Have not seen where this decision is a surprise in the online print media.

I did see where Trump praised the Supreme Court for the unanimous decision and asserted that this will bring our country together. That is a real laugher. I don't think Trump is clueless on this, just disingenuous.  Trump's whole political strategy is to divide Americans, not bring them together.
Too much sex is still not enough.

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Mar 04, 2024, 10:35 AMReally, then why are news stations(except Fox) saying this is a surprise decision?

You guys are hilarious, first you told me the CO ruling was legal now you're saying "we knew it wouldn't stand".

"The hypocrisy of the left has no bounds" - anonymous
I have no idea what the TV news is saying, but I never said that I knew (or even thought) the CO decision wouldn't stand.

You've got quite an imagination.