State of the Union

Started by Romanticlover, Mar 07, 2024, 10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

Biden spoke really good.  I still wont vote for him or Trump

HighStepper

Quote from: CigarMan on Mar 08, 2024, 06:36 AMOur "choices" are a narcissist who will never work with anyone and just stirs shit or an old man with dementia ...

We have had these discussions numerous before. Link
Dementia is not a specific disease but is rather a general term for the impaired ability to remember, think, or make decisions that interferes with doing everyday activities. CDC Link

For a fuller discussion on cognitive issues see:  https://fantasysaloon.com/index.php?msg=2935

If anyone ever had a love one suffer from dementia they probably would not be cavalier in throwing the term around.

Personally I think people should just say they hate Biden rather than coming up with some label to justify their dislike. You have a right to not like someone.

Quote from: CigarMan on Mar 08, 2024, 06:36 AM...elected people who ACTUALLY are in a position to make a real difference in our daily lives and I bet very few people can name their local representatives, their park board members, their schools board members, their fire department board members, their water/sewer district board members or the SMUD Board members all of which actually impact your daily lives in real ways.
Your point is very well taken.
Too much sex is still not enough.

bats

Quote from: HighStepper on Mar 08, 2024, 07:14 PMPersonally I think people should just say they hate Biden rather than coming up with some label to justify their dislike. You have a right to not like someone.
Yesterday, a geriatrician wrote a column in the LA Times about Biden's age and memory. The doc suggested that Biden's lifelong speech impediment makes his benign age-associated memory impairment appear worse in public speaking than it actually is.

Although it's clear that Biden has "lost a step," there is no valid reason to suggest, as the propagandists at Fox News and elsewhere have done for years, that his relatively mild decline makes him unfit to be president.

I don't know whether people will be able to view the column without a subscription, but here's the link just in case:

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2024-03-07/joe-biden-age-memory-alzheimers-cognition

Bande

No one mentions nor has a problem with Bidens top priority being Ukraine while a Invasion is happening at Our borders fathoms me...
Bidens priority should be the Country he is President over...
Not to mention supporting Hamas... Israel needs to take out Hamas. Hamas was the attacker not Israel..

bats

Quote from: Bande on Mar 10, 2024, 09:24 PMNo one mentions nor has a problem with Bidens top priority being Ukraine while a Invasion is happening at Our borders fathoms me...
Not to mention supporting Hamas... Israel needs to take out Hamas. Hamas was the attacker not Israel..
You'll get what you want if Trump is elected, but our national security will be severely weakened if that happens.

Some people can't "fathom" what a second Trump term would mean for democracy in the U.S. and the Western world.

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Mar 10, 2024, 09:24 PMNo one mentions nor has a problem with Bidens top priority being Ukraine while a Invasion is happening at Our borders fathoms me...
"Biden's TOP priority being Ukraine" is another MAGA spin lie.
A real president has to deal with a number of priorities simultaneously, NOT just ONE TOP priority. Biden supported a bipartisan bill that was negotiated by Republicans and Democrats to deal with the border as well as Ukraine, Israel, twain and humanitarian aid. Like Trump said, blame him for not taking care of American interest related to immigration.

This issue has been previously discussed a number of times. Most recently in Freedom Hall February 15, 2024

Bande

Quote from: HighStepper on Mar 11, 2024, 02:08 AM"Biden's TOP priority being Ukraine" is another MAGA spin lie.
A real president has to deal with a number of priorities simultaneously, NOT just ONE TOP priority. Biden supported a bipartisan bill that was negotiated by Republicans and Democrats to deal with the border as well as Ukraine, Israel, twain and humanitarian aid. Like Trump said, blame him for not taking care of American interest related to immigration.

This issue has been previously discussed a number of times. Most recently in Freedom Hall February 15, 2024

Did you not watch the State Of The Union? ChinaBiden had a big focus on Funding Ukraine War and focused hardly on the Border Invasion. Dishing out $$$$ for Ukraine and Not using Executive orders to control the Border pretty much says it..
Biden can with a stroke of a pen control the border and chooses not to.
Not to Mention flying 320.000 Illegals into the States. A Fact....
Everything Maga lies LMAO. Proof is in the State Of The Union..
We should be FOCUSED On America not UKRAINE...

Romanticlover

There won't be any America if we don't focus on our borders.  This battle is very important to stop Biden Dem traitors.  Biden hates America.
See it goes both ways.

Biden announced on Tuesday the US will be sending $300 million in weapons to Ukraine. I don't have a problem with giving other countries weapons, it's the endless tax dollars I have a problem with. If we give weapons then it boosts our manufacturing.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Bande on Mar 13, 2024, 11:13 AMDid you not watch the State Of The Union? ChinaBiden had a big focus on Funding Ukraine War and focused hardly on the Border Invasion. Dishing out $$$$ for Ukraine and Not using Executive orders to control the Border pretty much says it..
We've already discussed the fact that House Republicans, under orders from Trump, have so far refused to vote on a bipartisan bill that would have addressed the issues at the border. Neither Trump nor the Republicans give a shit about the border, or they wouldn't be letting the problem fester so they can continue to use it for political points during this election year.

As for the SOTU, here's a partial transcript:

In November, my team began serious negotiations with a bipartisan group of Senators. The result was a bipartisan bill with the toughest set of border security reforms we've ever seen in this country.

That bipartisan deal would hire 1,500 more border security agents and officers, 100 more immigration judges to help tackle a backload of 2 million cases, 4,300 more asylum officers and new policies so they can resolve cases in 6 months instead of 6 years, 100 more high-tech drug detection machines to significantly increase the ability to screen and stop vehicles from smuggling fentanyl into America.

This bill would save lives and bring order to the border.

It would also give me as President new emergency authority to temporarily shut down the border when the number of migrants at the border is overwhelming. 

The Border Patrol Union endorsed the bill. The Chamber of Commerce endorsed the bill. I believe that given the opportunity a majority of the House and Senate would endorse it as well.

But unfortunately, politics have derailed it so far.

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Mar 13, 2024, 12:14 PMThere won't be any America if we don't focus on our borders.  This battle is very important to stop Biden Dem traitors.  Biden hates America.
See it goes both ways.

Biden announced on Tuesday the US will be sending $300 million in weapons to Ukraine. I don't have a problem with giving other countries weapons, it's the endless tax dollars I have a problem with. If we give weapons then it boosts our manufacturing.
You can't substitute words like you're playing Mad Libs and then proclaim that it goes both ways. That's absurd.

As for "endless tax dollars," apart from the fact that the bulk of our assistance to Ukraine has been in the form of weaponry and equipment, our backing Ukraine against Trump's invading idol is the cheapest possible way for us to protect our national security and the world's.

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Mar 13, 2024, 11:13 AMDid you not watch the State Of The Union? ChinaBiden had a big focus on Funding Ukraine War and focused hardly on the Border Invasion. Dishing out $$$$ for Ukraine and Not using Executive orders to control the Border pretty much says it..
More MAGA lies
Yes I watch the State of the Union. Guess you missed this part. Perhaps out of the room for a pee break, lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64ivmhyyRSI
Video length 5:35 minutes.

Biden called out the Republican on the border, making them look stupid. MAGA extremist don't want to serve the American people on the border bill they want to play politics.

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Mar 13, 2024, 12:14 PMBiden announced on Tuesday the US will be sending $300 million in weapons to Ukraine. I don't have a problem with giving other countries weapons, it's the endless tax dollars I have a problem with. If we give weapons then it boosts our manufacturing.
Agree.
American business/workers manufacturing weapons are benefiting from the aid given to Ukraine

Democrats do a lousy job of communicating this.

dogwalker

Umm tax dollars pay for something....jobs, infrastructure, wages.  The government doesn't just burn the tax money they collect.    That said a lot of it is wasted on paying interest on our huge debt.  That goes to countries like China and Japan that buy our T bills to fund the debt.

Bande

Quote from: HighStepper on Mar 13, 2024, 03:36 PMAgree.
American business/workers manufacturing weapons are benefiting from the aid given to Ukraine

Democrats do a lousy job of communicating this.
Thus They rage war and fund it so we can manufacture weapons...
Totally wrong.
That money could do so much in OUR Country and not sponsor WAR..

America perpetuating War is WRONG. Just put the $$$ to Our America, that would equal to the manufacturing Dollars, more than likely more..

HighStepper

Quote from: HighStepper on Mar 13, 2024, 03:36 PMAmerican business/workers manufacturing weapons are benefiting from the aid given to Ukraine

Quote from: Bande on Mar 14, 2024, 07:04 PMThus They rage war and fund it so we can manufacture weapons...
Totally wrong.
That money could do so much in OUR Country and not sponsor WAR..

America perpetuating War is WRONG. Just put the $$$ to Our America, that would equal to the manufacturing Dollars, more than likely more..
It sounds like naive pacifism.  In the words of Pete Seeger "ain't gonna study war no more" from the old folk singers. It would be nice to have a world like that. The Trillions of dollars spent on the military industrial complex could go a long way toward better health care, education, and things associated with living a better life. So, do you think you can get Putin, North Korea, Iran and the enemies of democracy to go along? 

War and military preparedness by its very nature is filled with inefficient obsolesces. The technology is constantly changing and the US needs to continuously update. This updating of US military capabilities is one of the benefits that come from supplying Ukraine with weapons.

The fantasy of going back to the 1930's isolation from the rest of the world is not viable.