State of the Union

Started by Romanticlover, Mar 07, 2024, 10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romanticlover

Get ready for the babble-fest tonight as Biden does his state of the union address, I'm sure it will be cringe-worthy.
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

And you might learn something that is true, instead of the lies coming from babble baby Trump. Cracks me up every time he calls Biden a fascist. He doesn't even know what that means.
Still waiting for at least one of his white house staff to endorse him. That should tell you something.

Not one Military General is supporting him.
now his Dr that gave him the glowing health report, has been found out to be demoted because of bullying, sexual harassment, no wonder they are buddies.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

HighStepper

State of the Union Address
President Biden will address a Joint Session of Congress at the United States Capitol on Thursday, March 7, 2024 at 9 PM ET. (6 PM West Coast Time)

Live feed https://www.whitehouse.gov/state-of-the-union-2024/

Too much sex is still not enough.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Mar 07, 2024, 10:56 AMGet ready for the babble-fest tonight as Biden does his state of the union address, I'm sure it will be cringe-worthy.

Funny that republicans lost their minds in over Democrats not giving Trump respect during his State of the Union speeches due his being President but feel no remorse in denigrating Biden...

CigarMan

Quote from: Blkfyre on Mar 07, 2024, 12:26 PMFunny that republicans lost their minds in over Democrats not giving Trump respect during his State of the Union speeches due his being President but feel no remorse in denigrating Biden...

Well what do you expect they are ALL politicians. 

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Mar 07, 2024, 10:56 AMGet ready for the babble-fest tonight as Biden does his state of the union address, I'm sure it will be cringe-worthy.
I'm thinking back to last year's SOTU when Biden owned the Republicans by calling them on their plans to gut Social Security and Medicare. Since that is unpopular, Republicans vocally denied it. The result was that Biden got them to agree en masse that those programs should be strengthened, not weakened.

HighStepper

As it turns out Biden gave a high energy speech.  It seemed more at a political campaign speech rather than a State of the Union Speech. But, it certainly was not a "babble-fest" as some might have wanted. He effectively handled the hecklers who fell into the trap that Biden set for them.

Too much sex is still not enough.

bats

For the second year in a row, Biden made fools of the Republicans by pointing out their plans to serve only the wealthy. When he brought up their plans to cut taxes for the wealthy and gut Social Security, they booed hypocritically.

Once again, however, Biden had set them up. They had to act like they weren't planning those things because that shit is so unpopular. As usual, however, their lies were obvious.

Babble-fest, my ass.

CigarMan

Biden did much better than anticipated.  But who won last night, NO ONE! We are still stuck with a country divided with two probably candidates for President that almost all of one half of the country does not want the other one to be President.  Our "choices" are a narcissist who will never work with anyone and just stirs shit or an old man with dementia who probably will not make it another 4 years backed up by a politician who worked her way up the ladder on her knees giving us Prop 47 on the way.

And for all of the bloviating about the state of the union we had record low voter turnout for the recent primary where we elected people who ACTUALLY are in a position to make a real difference in our daily lives and I bet very few people can name their local representatives, their park board members, their schools board members, their fire department board members, their water/sewer district board members or the SMUD Board members all of which actually impact your daily lives in real ways.  The President should never have a direct impact on the people, this just shows congress has ceded is power to the executive branch and now the executive and legislative branch are doing their best to damage the judicial branch so they can do what every they want.
Rant over.

Romanticlover

Biden had less gaffes than I thought he would but he came across as a bitter old man sitting on his porch telling the neighborhood kids to "get off my lawn!"
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

the rebuttal women never presented one think to help the American people, they just want to protect their rich donors.
Fully vested after 5 years is a joke. Pay MTG, Bobert for what?
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

zoezane

read why the main supporters follow trump. --- this imformation came from my TM meditation group

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/11/1015120444/study-looks-at-what-motivates-trump-supporters

2011, hate groups latched onto trump over muslim and african americans etc

that is why they like trump, they found a energy portal to express their hatred towards marginalized groups

anything behind trump is racist, it's for war

YOU can't reason with raging hating racists

like MTG, like Mike Johnson etc.

they hate life and fueled by their hatreds
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

Blkfyre

Quote from: Danno on Mar 08, 2024, 11:17 AMthe rebuttal women never presented one think to help the American people, they just want to protect their rich donors.
Fully vested after 5 years is a joke. Pay MTG, Bobert for what?

https://secondnexus.com/katie-britt-sotu-handmaids-tale

But her remarks—made from her kitchen table in Montgomery, Alabama—inspired comparisons to The Handmaid's Tale, a novel by Canadian author Margaret Atwood that was written at the height of the Reagan administration and satirized political, social, and religious trends of the 1980s.

We know the Republicans put her in the kitchen on purpose, and we know they dressed her like a Handmaid's Tale villain on purpose.

Both are "too obvious to miss" kinds of choices.

That means both were intended. And we should pay attention to that.

Blkfyre

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/08/politics/cnn-poll-biden-sotu-speech-reaction/index.html

More than 6 in 10 Americans who watched President Joe Biden's State of the Union address had a positive reaction to the speech, according to a CNN Poll conducted by SSRS, with a smaller 35% reacting very positively.

Americans who watched on Thursday said, 62% to 38%, that the policies Biden proposed will move the US in the right direction, rather than the wrong direction. In a survey conducted before the speech, just 45% of those same people said Biden's policies would move the US in the right direction.

So, contrary to conservative beliefs, the American people's confidence in Biden rose 17% after his speech, from unfavorable to favorable.

zoezane

State of the Union Biden, I saw a clear path for democracy, how Biden hold's his heart, that America is hope.  I saw it and felt it.  I'm not a hater which helps a lot to see the truth.  I'm hopeful and doing meditation that gets rid of the clouds of hating, violent war trump, his words and actions.

Hate, anger, despair, anxiety, panic does not make a brain hopeful.  My phone calls from my abused Republican sister who loves trump, ted cruz, tells me what hate does to any human.

Blkfyre, you are correct about the rise in confidence in Biden and America.  Truth social was down which tells me that the hate of trump and his hating followers did to their social media energy field.  Trump manipulated the value of the company and the VC did not like it. 
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor