Senate rejects articles of impeachment

Started by HighStepper, Apr 17, 2024, 07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

The Senate has rejected both articles of impeachment against Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, swiftly ending the trial triggered by the House's narrow vote, 214-213, to impeach in February. (Three Republicans voted with all Democrats against the impeachment.)

The impeachment of Mayorkas was considered to be a policy dispute not rising to "high crimes and misdemeanors," as required by the Constitution for impeachment. It was considered to be a disastrous precedent for Congress Anytime the House wanted to just shut the Senate down, they could send over another impeachment resolution.Link

Too much sex is still not enough.

Bande

Quote from: HighStepper on Apr 17, 2024, 07:24 PMThe Senate has rejected both articles of impeachment against Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, swiftly ending the trial triggered by the House's narrow vote, 214-213, to impeach in February. (Three Republicans voted with all Democrats against the impeachment.)

The impeachment of Mayorkas was considered to be a policy dispute not rising to "high crimes and misdemeanors," as required by the Constitution for impeachment. It was considered to be a disastrous precedent for Congress Anytime the House wanted to just shut the Senate down, they could send over another impeachment resolution.Link

That was expected..

Danno

What exactly have the House Republicans done to help America in the last year and a half? They complain the Boarder is the biggest problem, then shoot down the solution that they came up with because the Orange clown told them to.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Bande

Quote from: Danno on Apr 24, 2024, 11:54 AMWhat exactly have the House Republicans done to help America in the last year and a half? They complain the Boarder is the biggest problem, then shoot down the solution that they came up with because the Orange clown told them to.

LMAO
I think with a little thought you could answer your ?

The border issue? Biden can solve that with a stroke of the pen and yet he states he is waiting for Congress. Therefore Biden is full of shit The solution you mention did you see all the soup in there as well. I bet not.
Ultimately take care of our own and not extend our $$$$$ to other Countries.

Danno

A stroke of the pen of a bill passed by congress that Trump told them not to do. The boarder is a Republican problem now.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

HighStepper

Quote from: Danno on Apr 24, 2024, 11:54 AMWhat exactly have the House Republicans done to help America in the last year and a half? They complain the Boarder is the biggest problem, then shoot down the solution that they came up with because the Orange clown told them to.

Quote from: Bande on Apr 25, 2024, 02:46 PMLMAO
I think with a little thought you could answer your ?

The border issue? Biden can solve that with a stroke of the pen and yet he states he is waiting for Congress. Therefore Biden is full of shit The solution you mention did you see all the soup in there as well. I bet not.
Ultimately take care of our own and not extend our $$$$$ to other Countries.
Texas Republican Rep. Chip Roy blasted the GOP on the floor of the House, asking his colleagues to name one "material, meaningful significant thing" the party has accomplished recently. I want my Republican colleagues give me one thing the Republican majority has done. GIVE ME ONE THING.

https://youtube.com/shorts/lsww1Nu01gc?si=1KTuVoxHMr9rE18D 22 second video.

"...care of our own and not extend our $$$$$ to other Countries."
We've discussed this ad nauseam in other threads. The foreign aid benefits our economy and out national security. The Putin wing along with Moscow Margie pushes the BS about "sacrificing" border security funding. BTW, Congress controls the funding for the boarder. Trump caused the border portion of the package to get fucked up. And the dumbass even admitted it.

Too much sex is still not enough.