Senate Votes Military Aid For Ukraine

Started by HighStepper, Apr 07, 2022, 02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

Senate unanimously passed major legislation late Wednesday to revive a World War II-era program allowing President Joe Biden to more efficiently send weapons and other supplies to Ukraine amid Russia's bloody invasion.

The proposal, known as Lend-Lease, as Ukraine's military proved it could fend off Russian troops who have been shelling Ukrainian cities and towns since late February. The Lend-Lease program created during World War II was seen as a game-changer in the conflict, as it allowed the U.S. to quickly resupply the Allies without time-consuming procedural hurdles.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Zep

Great news!  Finally an administration that understands we can be the Arsenal of Democracy without our soldiers in harms way.    Less US soldiers have died in this administration than any past..

Unanimously passed!  Republicans and Democrats together!
We all got two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.

Hobby

Sanctions are a failure! Obama sent blankets when he should have been sending weapons, Trump sent missiles! This comes too little too late. Thousands of Ukrainians have died, millions displaced from their homes. The US need not have boots on the ground in Ukraine. We have drones that can do the job of stopping the Russia aggression. The invasion did not need to have happened had Biden not been so terrified of Putin.

Danno

Putin is done, he will never be seen again.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

This is going to be a long protracted war that last years as I mentioned in another thread, the chairman of the joint chiefs said the same thing the other day to Congress. Putin will remain in power until:
 1. there's a coup by the Russian military
 2. another countries military captures him
 3. the Russian people revolt
 4. he dies

We have seen this in countries with dictators going back to Napoleon Bonaparte.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 07, 2022, 06:15 AMSanctions are a failure! Obama sent blankets when he should have been sending weapons, Trump sent missiles! This comes too little too late. Thousands of Ukrainians have died, millions displaced from their homes. The US need not have boots on the ground in Ukraine. We have drones that can do the job of stopping the Russia aggression. The invasion did not need to have happened had Biden not been so terrified of Putin.

I see the point that you are making about it being late, not sure I buy into it now being too little. The sending of blankets is akin to Germany initially offered to send 5,000 helmets to Ukraine. Now Germany is to supply missiles, among other arms to Ukraine. A major reversal of its policy out of concerns of escalating the conflict. 

My objective was not to get in to past failures to act, by Presidents and by Congress, even though that is worthy of discussion, and knowing this group it will eventually seep in, lol.

The unanimous action by the Senate is indicative that the body politic is evolving. It is now to see what the House of Representatives will do.
Too much sex is still not enough.

dogwalker

Russia is supposedly making at least 10x in oil and gas revenues per month than what the entire west is giving Ukraine per month.
So will military efficiency in spite of relative poverty on home turf [Ukraine] win or will brute force and more money in spite of supposed inefficiency [Russia] win?