PedWest border open

Started by Bande, Apr 08, 2022, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bande

bats

So, do the border zealots think this is good or bad? I can't tell.

HighStepper

I wonder why Ukraine refugees did not come to the USA through Canada instead of Mexico.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Maybe they stopped to get some tacos and burritos!  My guess why they were flown into Mexico is because there is an International Airport in TJ right on the border between San Ysidro and Otay Mesa... and Mexico is set up to handle the large volume of Immigrants coming to the US... At night driving on the 905 and not dodging all the illegals crossing the freeway you can see the passenger jets landing and taking off.

Hobby

Quote from: bats on Apr 08, 2022, 10:09 PMSo, do the border zealots think this is good or bad? I can't tell.

Ukrainians unlike the typical illegals crossing our border are entering the US legally. Yes, it is a good thing considering what is happening in their country, they have a legitimate reason to come here. More than likely they will become US citizens and register Republican because Democrats and Democrat presidents did nothing to help them defend their country from Russia.

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 08, 2022, 11:33 PMYes, it is a good thing considering what is happening in their country, they have a legitimate reason to come here.
I forgot that all the brown people who try to cross the border are living in peace and tranquility in their home countries, and so have no legitimate reason to flee. Thanks!

dogwalker

I do not know why Ukrainians do not try to enter the US from Canada. 
"Title 42" that restricts entry of asylum-seeking, non-citizens does apply to all US borders including those with Canada.
Mexico would be cheaper to live in than Canada if you got stuck there but I'd imagine Canada has better quality immigrant services.
Ukranians hate snow?

Hobby

Quote from: bats on Apr 09, 2022, 01:13 AMI forgot that all the brown people who try to cross the border are living in peace and tranquility in their home countries, and so have no legitimate reason to flee. Thanks!

I suppose if someone snuck into to your home crawling in through a back window instead of knocking on the front door and asking to enter is ok with you... we have immigration laws

Zep

I believe Mexican immigration laws are very relaxed versus Canada, thus allowing people to arrive easily?  I'm wondering why the Ukrainians don't fly directing into the US?  I'm sure it's a political reason and not a humanitarian reason. Seems they have been through so much, why funnel them through another country?

Maybe it's simply that international flights are cheaper to Mexico than to the US from Europe?
We all got two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.

SaloonTester

Quote from: Zep on Apr 09, 2022, 08:38 AMI believe Mexican immigration laws are very relaxed versus Canada, thus allowing people to arrive easily?  I'm wondering why the Ukrainians don't fly directing into the US?  I'm sure it's a political reason and not a humanitarian reason. Seems they have been through so much, why funnel them through another country?

I don't know if Canadian or Mexican immigration laws would have any bearing on this....These people are coming to the US... Why would Ukrainians settle in Canada or Mexico when they have the US permission to settle here?  Why they weren't flown directly into the US I have no clue.

bats

According to a couple of news stories I've read Ukrainians go through Mexico because they don't have to have a visa to enter, whereas they do need a visa to enter the U.S.

Hobby

Quote from: bats on Apr 09, 2022, 02:51 PMAccording to a couple of news stories I've read Ukrainians go through Mexico because they don't have to have a visa to enter, whereas they do need a visa to enter the U.S.

This makes no sense... have Visa for Mexico but not for US,  the US is letting them to cross over the border without a visa after they arrive in Mexico.

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 09, 2022, 03:36 PMThis makes no sense... have Visa for Mexico but not for US,  the US is letting them to cross over the border without a visa after they arrive in Mexico.
Obviously, they can't fly into the US without a visa. As I understand it, most of them intend to apply for asylum after they cross the land border from Mexico to the US.

Bande

Bande

I would guess. Just guess, since pedwest has been closed for 2 years and The U.S. is accepting Ukrainians Pedwest is used to save the influx on other entries. Throughout T.J. For the last couple months I had noticed a influx of Ukrainians (Russians).