Texas Governor Wants To Buss Illegals To DC!

Started by Hobby, Apr 09, 2022, 03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

I think this is a fantastic idea.  White House says this is a publicity stunt... maybe it is, but what good stunt it is. Brillant! Instead of the White House saying Welcome send them, they are trying to downplay.  Their message is very clear the US is open come on in, just don't settle here! Sort of how the northerners after the civil war that was anti slavery did not want former slaves settling in their towns.

Texas to send buses of undocumented immigrants to US capital if they're willing to go, Gov. Greg Abbott says

Texas will send willing undocumented immigrants to Washington, DC, by bus and plane, Gov. Greg Abbott's office announced Wednesday, saying local leaders in the state are fed up with the federal government for releasing migrants into their communities.

Abbott told reporters the plan is a response to the Biden administration's recent announcement that it will be lifting a pandemic public health order next month, a decision that could significantly increase the number of migrants crossing the border. The order, known as Title 42, has effectively blocked most migrants from entering the US and seeking asylum for more than two years.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/06/us/texas-immigrants-charter-buses-dc/index.html

kidinacandystore

Well, we know CA is rapidly turning into a shit hole, so no help here, but wouldn't it be fun if the AZ and NM (gotta watch NM tho...) governors did the same as TX?  That would be awesome!  "Big 10-4 Rubber Ducky, we got ourselves a convoy...!"  Kinda like the mayor of Tracy suggesting to send their homeless to Stockton...

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 09, 2022, 03:30 PMI think this is a fantastic idea.  White House says this is a publicity stunt... maybe it is, but what good stunt it is. Brillant! Instead of the White House saying Welcome send them, they are trying to downplay.  Their message is very clear the US is open come on in, just don't settle here! Sort of how the northerners after the civil war that was anti slavery did not want former slaves settling in their towns.

Texas to send buses of undocumented immigrants to US capital if they're willing to go, Gov. Greg Abbott says

Texas will send willing undocumented immigrants to Washington, DC, by bus and plane, Gov. Greg Abbott's office announced Wednesday, saying local leaders in the state are fed up with the federal government for releasing migrants into their communities.

Abbott told reporters the plan is a response to the Biden administration's recent announcement that it will be lifting a pandemic public health order next month, a decision that could significantly increase the number of migrants crossing the border. The order, known as Title 42, has effectively blocked most migrants from entering the US and seeking asylum for more than two years.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/06/us/texas-immigrants-charter-buses-dc/index.html

So illegals coming into the country is an unmitigated disaster, except if they are used to make a point? That because they are used as political upsmanship that makes those murderous drug dealing job swiping but on assistance bad people ok?

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on Apr 10, 2022, 06:23 PMSo illegals coming into the country is an unmitigated disaster, except if they are used to make a point? That because they are used as political upsmanship that makes those murderous drug dealing job swiping but on assistance bad people ok?

What does this have to do with bussing them to DC and DC not wanting them there?

I think you are upside down... Abbot is not wanting to bus illegals that want in... he wants to bus those that have already arrived and been processed...

Hobby

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 10, 2022, 07:31 PMWhat does this have to do with bussing them to DC and DC not wanting them there?

I think you are upside down... Abbot is not wanting to bus illegals that want in... he wants to bus those that have already arrived and been processed...

I sure don't hear you saying you want them, send them to my house I will feed and take care of them...