Putin lies about war in Ukraine

Started by HighStepper, Apr 10, 2022, 02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

You cannot view this attachment.

While much of the world sees through Putin's blatant lies, many of the Russia people believe him.
Given the years of State controlled news and the steady diet of propaganda to Russians it should come as no surprise.

What is surprising is the number of people here in our country, the USA, which believes Putin's narrative.
That Putin is driving out the Nazis and Ukrainians are bombing their own cities and killing their own civilian citizens.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Zep

After the last 6 years, I'm convinced that there is a certain segment of our population that will believe anything that they are fed. Doesn't matter how outlandish, how insane, whether it is a blatant lie or a physical impossibility,  it it is presented as a conspiracy, it is believed.   Disinformation is rampant around the world and so many good people are being sold a bunch of lies but are eating them up, sharing them as truths.  Such a scary time in America and around the world.
We all got two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.

Hobby

Quote from: Zep on Apr 10, 2022, 03:37 PMAfter the last 6 years, I'm convinced that there is a certain segment of our population that will believe anything that they are fed. Doesn't matter how outlandish, how insane, whether it is a blatant lie or a physical impossibility,  it it is presented as a conspiracy, it is believed.   Disinformation is rampant around the world and so many good people are being sold a bunch of lies but are eating them up, sharing them as truths.  Such a scary time in America and around the world.

I agree Democrats believe anything the left media tells them to believe.  Tell me did Russia invade Crimea during Obama?  Did Russia invade or cause any trouble during Trump?  Did Russia invade Ukraine during Biden? So who is feeding Americans the BS?

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 10, 2022, 04:02 PMI agree Democrats believe anything the left media tells them to believe.  Tell me did Russia invade Crimea during Obama?  Did Russia invade or cause any trouble during Trump?  Did Russia invade Ukraine during Biden? So who is feeding Americans the BS?
Did the pandemic start under Biden? No, it began under Trump. I rest my case.

Do you see how facile your arguments are?

Hobby

Quote from: bats on Apr 10, 2022, 11:28 PMDid the pandemic start under Biden? No, it began under Trump. I rest my case.

Do you see how facile your arguments are?

Hmm... when Covid broke out in early Jan 2020 what did Trump do, stop all travel from China. What did Democrats have to say about that? Democrats played the seriousness of the virus down... remember that? I sure do!

HighStepper

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 10, 2022, 04:02 PMI agree Democrats believe anything the left media tells them to believe.  Tell me did Russia invade Crimea during Obama?  Did Russia invade or cause any trouble during Trump?  Did Russia invade Ukraine during Biden? So who is feeding Americans the BS?

What has this got to do with the belief that Putin is driving out the Nazis and Ukrainians are bombing their own cities?

Hobby

Quote from: HighStepper on Apr 11, 2022, 12:24 AMWhat has this got to do with the belief that Putin is driving out the Nazis and Ukrainians are bombing their own cities?

Nothing...
Quote from: HighStepper on Apr 11, 2022, 12:24 AMWhat has this got to do with the belief that Putin is driving out the Nazis and Ukrainians are bombing their own cities?

Nothing,  I was replying to Bats spin...

HighStepper

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 11, 2022, 12:30 AMNothing...
Nothing,  I was replying to Bats spin...

Bats had not posted yet. So that was a preemptive strike against potential spin, lol.

Hobby

Just Russian propaganda... I don't pay any attention to it! I guess this is obvious! LOL