Bidens a Joke

Started by Bande, Apr 24, 2022, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zep

Wonder who here would have preferred to stick with the horse and buggy?  I guess the buggy whip manufacturers?     Hell, I heard the people were going nuts when the military wanted to get rid of the calvary...   Just say it ain't so...
We all got two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.

HighStepper

Quote from: Bordendaytime on Apr 25, 2022, 04:58 PMSadly, renewables are not the panacea they are sold as. Far from it. Aligning a transportation system solely on renewable electricity is folly, especially by the dates progressives keep trying to assert. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-yALPEpV4w
Thank you Bordendaytime. Very good video. Well worth the 15 minutes to watch it.

I have a better understanding of the dilemma of dealing with saving the climate at the expense of destroying the environment.

We also get insight as to why the big oil and gas industry is pushing wind and solar.

Why renewables can't save the planet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-yALPEpV4w

Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Yes, a very good honest presentation.  I have for years supported nuclear energy as our source of electricity.  Nuclear power can now be safely managed so that accidents of the past are just that, past. No, it is not a good idea to build a nuclear power plant on the coast near the ocean nor a good idea to build it on a seismic fault. I was traveling from Pahrump to Shoshone crossing through small valleys of Death Valley that would be perfect for nuclear or solar. Nothing out there, not even birds. Looks like Mars. As far as nuclear waste Yucca Mountain about 40 miles from Pahrump was hallowed out for the purpose of storing nuclear waste but the Democrat Senator put a stop to this! Like more radioactive material is going to do what, in an area already radioactive from all the nuclear tests in the 50s 60s 70s...

Bande

Quote from: bats on Apr 24, 2022, 08:47 PMWhat the panelists are apparently going on about is Biden's comment on Earth Day that his administration is going to start the process to make every U.S. military vehicle "climate-friendly," and that it will take billions of dollars to accomplish that.

This is a good idea, of course. I don't have exact figures, but I'm pretty sure the U.S. military runs a shit ton of vehicles. And although as a species we've been neglecting the climate change issue for decades, it's probably not too late to prevent even worse outcomes than will be the case if we don't transition to clean energy.

But on Fox News and in right-wing media generally, they use this sound bite to suggest, as you have, that this idea--and more importantly Biden himself--is laughable. Millions of Americans are being fed this crap on a continuing basis, and they keep swallowing it. It's tragic.

Good Idea / Clean energy / Climate friendly..
You have any Idea that batteries are hazardous waste and will contribute to all this more than fossil fuels.
Manufacturers can not even meet the demand for batteries.
Fossil fuels will not be going away. Politically they will raise the prices so high cutting down usage in which was Bidens agenda to begin with.
Actually Biden looks at putting oil industries out of business. Problem is we depend on fossil fuels so much. As in for producing products and fuel.

Do you realize what products require fossil fuels.

How about this...
Instead of taking farmland and converting to parking lots / Businesses / houses / And apartments, plant more trees & greenery. That would help clean the climate.

Bande

Quote from: Zep on Apr 25, 2022, 08:21 AMThe same people upset about the US being dependent on foreign oil get upset at attempts to reduce oil consumption.
We were Independent till China Biden.

The same people who want to modernize our military, want us to keep old transportation built in the 1900's getting 5-10 mpg.
The people that stymied our military with cutbacks and no funding to produce modern equipment..
Look at the last 20 years and see who invested in our Military you might surprise yourself.
Electrical Tanks will get us no where. They will continue to laugh at the Dumb Americans.

Who's crazy?

Bande

Quote from: HighStepper on Apr 25, 2022, 12:48 PMPopular Mechanics Article

Main battle tanks and other armored vehicles of the future could run on electricity or utilize a hybrid drive system. Switching to such a system could not only reduce the demand for liquid fuel on the battlefield, but also avoid risking the lives of truck-driving soldiers delivering fuel to the front lines.

Nah, just leaving us vulnerable waiting for a charge..

The use of electrical drives would still require energy, just a different kind. Diesel-running generators are an obvious option, but the whole point is to get away from fossil fuels. Alternatives include swappable battery packs, renewable power including solar, and even battlefield nuclear power plants.

National Defense Business And Technology Magazine Article

There are all kinds of advantages in terms of torque ... as well as fuel efficiency. However, the committee concluded that the service's future inventory "should be hybrid-electric vehicles with internal combustion engines, not all battery electric vehicles."

While commercial vehicle companies have made strides in electric technology, the military has unique challenges. With "silent watch and the off-road usage, we would typically consume twice the energy of an equivalent commercial vehicle."

Bande

Quote from: HighStepper on Apr 25, 2022, 02:16 PMTop automakers were already taking steps toward producing electric cars before Biden.
More so under Bidens administration. With Biden stating he was going to put fossil fuel companies out of business it is about survival.
Batteries will contribute to the haz waste as equal or more so than fossil fuels.. What do they do with the old batteries? Yeah, wait 50 years and see.. Most of us will not be around to see that devastation.
Climate control has been barked about for the last  years and were still here. They just keep making new dates (forecasts).
Wait, was not the Central valley supposed to be coastal towns by now? LMAO

Biden has ordered to make the federal fleet all electric by 2035. Money to help pay for a 100% electric fleet is included in Biden's sweeping Build Back Better plan, but the proposal is stalled in Congress by Republicans and Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin.

There is strong voters support all-EV sales by 2030. However, governments and automakers are way behind in meeting that goal date.

Blkfyre

Where did Biden state he was going to put fossil fuel companies out of business?

bats

Quote from: Bande on Apr 26, 2022, 11:22 PMFossil fuels will not be going away. Politically they will raise the prices so high cutting down usage in which was Bidens agenda to begin with.
Actually Biden looks at putting oil industries out of business. Problem is we depend on fossil fuels so much. As in for producing products and fuel.

Do you realize what products require fossil fuels.

How about this...
Instead of taking farmland and converting to parking lots / Businesses / houses / And apartments, plant more trees & greenery. That would help clean the climate.
No, fossil fuels aren't going away anytime soon. But as a species, we desperately need to transition to cleaner energy. I mean, it's not desperate for me because I'm an old fart like you, but it is for my descendants.

Who said Biden's agenda is to increase prices so much that oil companies will cease to exist?

I'm definitely in favor of planting more trees and creating more open space.

Zep

"We were Independent till China Biden."   OK, let's go back to Trump's pandemic meltdown, freeways empty, no one working, stores empty of food and goods.   Yups we were energy independent, because no one was driving....

How soon we forget...

Or maybe it was all the oil we were getting from Keystone pipeline back then?
We all got two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.