Bidens a Joke

Started by Bande, Apr 24, 2022, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bande

Really.. This is CRAZY..
Electric tanks is a must..

https://youtu.be/nj4TKDggoUw

Hobby

That is pretty stupid.  I mean all the enemy would have to do is cut the extension cord and the tank would be dead. Then again it is not any dumber than saying drink bleach or stick a light in your lung to kill covid..

bats

Quote from: Bande on Apr 24, 2022, 07:52 PMReally.. This is CRAZY..
Electric tanks is a must..
What the panelists are apparently going on about is Biden's comment on Earth Day that his administration is going to start the process to make every U.S. military vehicle "climate-friendly," and that it will take billions of dollars to accomplish that.

This is a good idea, of course. I don't have exact figures, but I'm pretty sure the U.S. military runs a shit ton of vehicles. And although as a species we've been neglecting the climate change issue for decades, it's probably not too late to prevent even worse outcomes than will be the case if we don't transition to clean energy.

But on Fox News and in right-wing media generally, they use this sound bite to suggest, as you have, that this idea--and more importantly Biden himself--is laughable. Millions of Americans are being fed this crap on a continuing basis, and they keep swallowing it. It's tragic.

Hobby

Hey, how about electric planes too!  Just hope that the battery doesn't go dead! LMAO

Zep

The same people upset about the US being dependent on foreign oil get upset at attempts to reduce oil consumption.

The same people who want to modernize our military, want us to keep old transportation built in the 1900's getting 5-10 mpg.

Who's crazy?

We all got two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.

Hobby

Quote from: Zep on Apr 25, 2022, 08:21 AMThe same people upset about the US being dependent on foreign oil get upset at attempts to reduce oil consumption.

The same people who want to modernize our military, want us to keep old transportation built in the 1900's getting 5-10 mpg.

Who's crazy?

The weight of the vehicle has much to do with gas mileage. Just how many watts do you suppose it would take to propel 60 tons of armor down the road? How big would that battery have to be? By my calculations, it would take 1.1 megawatts per hour to generate the horsepower needed.

An environmentally friendly tank... Now, this is funny!

HighStepper

Popular Mechanics Article

Main battle tanks and other armored vehicles of the future could run on electricity or utilize a hybrid drive system. Switching to such a system could not only reduce the demand for liquid fuel on the battlefield, but also avoid risking the lives of truck-driving soldiers delivering fuel to the front lines.

The use of electrical drives would still require energy, just a different kind. Diesel-running generators are an obvious option, but the whole point is to get away from fossil fuels. Alternatives include swappable battery packs, renewable power including solar, and even battlefield nuclear power plants.

National Defense Business And Technology Magazine Article

There are all kinds of advantages in terms of torque ... as well as fuel efficiency. However, the committee concluded that the service's future inventory "should be hybrid-electric vehicles with internal combustion engines, not all battery electric vehicles."

While commercial vehicle companies have made strides in electric technology, the military has unique challenges. With "silent watch and the off-road usage, we would typically consume twice the energy of an equivalent commercial vehicle."

Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

I don't have a problem with hybrids(cars, trucks or tanks), in fact they make the most sense because you can use petroleum or electricity.
The problem I have is with Democrats forcing everyone to buy an EV when the world still runs on petroleum.

I personally think tanks are obsolete but mechanized artillary(such as the M109) will always be needed, tanks can be taken out with a Hellfire or Javelin missile.
Are we having fun yet?

Hobby

Stupid Democrats concerned about a vehicle designed and built to survive on the battlefield and blow shit up is environmentally friendly or not? The destruction alone one tank can create in just a few seconds would wipe out what an electric tank would save in fuel or pollution during its lifetime of service! Will there be recharging stations for tanks off-limits from destruction by the enemy? Just plain stupid! What is even more stupid is me wasting my time replying to this nonsense. Some things are what they are and what they have to be!

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 25, 2022, 01:32 PMThe problem I have is with Democrats forcing everyone to buy an EV when the world still runs on petroleum.

Top automakers were already taking steps toward producing electric cars before Biden.

Biden has ordered to make the federal fleet all electric by 2035. Money to help pay for a 100% electric fleet is included in Biden's sweeping Build Back Better plan, but the proposal is stalled in Congress by Republicans and Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin.

There is strong voters support all-EV sales by 2030. However, governments and automakers are way behind in meeting that goal date.

Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

Quote from: HighStepper on Apr 25, 2022, 02:16 PMTop automakers were already taking steps toward producing electric cars before Biden.

There is strong voters support all-EV sales by 2030. However, governments and automakers are way behind in meeting that goal date.

While it's true it was already under way before Biden it wasn't being mandated by Democrat Governors, Washington state just mandated EV and CA will soon join them. There is NOT strong support from all voters, only support from Democrats on the west coast. Unless all states mandate EV then there will be underground importation(black market) of fossil fuel vehicles, sort of like how legalized marijuana is today.
Are we having fun yet?

Hobby

In case you haven't noticed cars and tanks are not the same!

Danno

there is no mandate that we will have to have electric cars. just date that gas cars won't be sold. that date is not set in stone, already been moved back twice in ca.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Bordendaytime

Sadly, renewables are not the panacea they are sold as. Far from it. Aligning a transportation system solely on renewable electricity is folly, especially by the dates progressives keep trying to assert. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-yALPEpV4w

Romanticlover

Quote from: Danno on Apr 25, 2022, 04:05 PMthere is no mandate that we will have to have electric cars. just date that gas cars won't be sold. that date is not set in stone, already been moved back twice in ca.

That's technically true but all the alternative fuels(hydrogen, LNG, fuel cell) have failed to catch on so that means electric will be the only type you will be able to buy.

I'm not opposed to electric...I just don't want it forced on people.
Are we having fun yet?