Guns don’t kill people…

Started by HighStepper, May 16, 2022, 02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

The drugs kill people was an expansion of the topic of hate kills people. Perhaps this was done to take focus away from the issue of hate leading to the death of people. We can list a bunch of things that kill people that are not involved with hate. Then we can list the causes of those other things. However, the focus of this topic was intended to be on HATE

Yes shock jocks will continue to prosper on whipping up hate and anger in their audiences. The big point that has been missed here, is the impoverished leadership of party leaders to push back on the lies, and conspiracy theories, rather than basing their campaigns on it. This was discussed in an earlier post in this thread.

Joe Biden ran on the concept of unifying the country. He was genuinely sincere, unfortunately extremely naive. Given the baked in attitudes of division that exists, no seriously objective person can blame Biden for not being able to bring about unity. It was beautiful dream not based in reality. Fact of the matter, many do not want Biden to achieve unity, they want to be able to blame him for it not happening. 

Too much sex is still not enough.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on May 18, 2022, 10:24 AMNO government official has a right to tell the press what to print or say:

First Amendment:
'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.'

It's ok for Schumer to say that on his personal Twitter account but to send a threatening letter to the press with an official US Congress letterhead isn't ok.

Hmm, ok, do me a favor. Link me to the bill Schumer is trying to pass to shut up Tucker. Or even a website someplace that says he is passing legislation to shut him up. Can't find it? Because there isn't. So let's look at what you posted above again:

"First Amendment:
'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

No law made, no abridgement of 1st Amendment, thanks for helping me prove it. :)

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on May 18, 2022, 11:35 AMI would say this administration (Demoncrats) Have created the division and Hate that has been so prominent.
Why is it if a person of color is involved in some activity is is hate and media jumps on it, versus another ethnicity with the exact same scenario there is silence. Demoncrats pushing unity when in FACT Demoncrats are against it..

We have never had so much division. Along  with stifling freedom of speech to further Demoncrats agenda. So much for bringing the people together, All BULLSHIT..

Uhm, Tucker repeated a racist theory on WHITE's being replaced by PEOPLE OF COLOR, dividing people on a color line. But you keep pointing the finger at Democrats saying THEY are the ones causing division. Ooookay....

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on May 18, 2022, 09:52 AMSen. Chuck Schumer(D) sent a letter to Fox News telling them to fire Tucker Carlson and "cease all dissemination of false white nationalist, far-right conspiracy theories" which is a clear violation of their 1st amendment rights.
That letter was not a violation of anybody's rights. It might have come close to a violation if Schumer had threatened some kind of action, but he didn't. He simply asked them, urged them, implored them to knock it off. Despite Schumer's request, they're free to keep it up, and they will because they are assholes.

Romanticlover

How would Democrats feel if Sen. Mitch McConnell(R) told CNN or MSNBC to fire one of their hosts?
You know damn well the MSM would not like that.

If you don't like a certain network then don't watch it, I can't stand MSNBC so I don't watch it.
Are we having fun yet?

Hobby

Quote from: bats on May 18, 2022, 03:58 PMThat letter was not a violation of anybody's rights. It might have come close to a violation if Schumer had threatened some kind of action, but he didn't. He simply asked them, urged them, implored them to knock it off. Despite Schumer's request, they're free to keep it up, and they will because they are assholes.

Trump asked Zelensky to help clear up what Biden had said and bragged about as VP withholding aide to Ukrain if they did not fire the prosecutor... Trump winds up impeached over a phone call.  Imagine what Trump would have got had he sent a letter! LOL

HighStepper

Quote from: Hobby on May 18, 2022, 06:03 PMTrump asked Zelensky to help clear up what Biden had said and bragged about as VP withholding aide to Ukrain if they did not fire the prosecutor... Trump winds up impeached over a phone call.  Imagine what Trump would have got had he sent a letter! LOL

That is so over the top spin.

Hobby

HighStepper

Quote from: Hobby on May 18, 2022, 07:26 PMAnd off topic....LMAO

So you decided to put your internet troll hat on today.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on May 18, 2022, 05:51 PMHow would Democrats feel if Sen. Mitch McConnell(R) told CNN or MSNBC to fire one of their hosts?
You know damn well the MSM would not like that.

If you don't like a certain network then don't watch it, I can't stand MSNBC so I don't watch it.

Whether that is true or not is irrelevant to your saying that they were trying to suppress Tucker's 1st Amendment rights...

bats

Quote from: HighStepper on May 18, 2022, 09:00 PMSo you decided to put your internet troll hat on today.
Dude wears that hat pretty much every day. Why? Because he, unlike us common VIP members, can't be fired.

Hobby

Quote from: bats on May 18, 2022, 10:31 PMDude wears that hat pretty much every day. Why? Because he, unlike us common VIP members, can't be fired.

You just now made me change my mind about pro-abortion... LMAO!

bats

Today I ran across an article in Vanity Fair that offers an interesting perspective on this growing insanity:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/05/the-terrifying-familiarity-of-the-buffalo-shooting-suspects-extremist-screed

Romanticlover

Another shooting by a crazy 18 year old.
I wonder if Biden will visit Texas to give a eulogy.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on May 24, 2022, 06:25 PMAnother shooting by a crazy 18 year old.
I wonder if Biden will visit Texas to give a eulogy.

He didn't do a eulogy before. Gives condlences.

Gunman at a Texas elementary school kills 18 students and one adult before being fatally shot.

President Joe Biden has ordered US flags on federal grounds to be flown at half-staff until sunset on Saturday to honor the victims of this "senseless acts of violence." Link

If he does go to Texas, I would guess there will be mixed in the anti gun speeches.