Little league softball 18U Consumes never defeated in sections

Started by Tuscano, May 20, 2022, 08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuscano

I first faced the Consumes Coach when Ijo (#1 daughter) was 16. We had an excellent team but went down in defeat to Consumes 16 yr old Star pitcher. Prior to game two (it takes two wins to win finals) I am talking to Consumes coach and indicate my 14 yr old, "would you mind if she pitched?". He laughed and said he would have Williamsport on the phone in a heartbeat. We really had no hope but I had to fuck with him! early in the game I sent my best batter to the plate and instructed her to bat lefthanded. She could do it but not nearly as well as she could right-handed. We had a runner on and the game was 0-0. When she stepped into the box I could see him freaking out in his dugout. After the game he admitted I got to him.

Two years later my 14 yr old is 16 and can legally pitch. She is playing Little League as a favor to me. Having already dominated Northern California and played in Europe for the USA team. Little league at the time had some crazy pitching rules. If a girl pitched MORE THAN TWO INNINGS she could not pitch the next game.
So Consumes is already in the finals and is watching the game to see who they will be playing in the finals. I am not coaching TG. Our coach ops to sit out Sanjo(my third daughter's Japanese nick name). Things go sideways. bases are loaded and the #4 batter is coming to the plate. The coach makes the right decision. Has to go "all in". He sends Sanjo to the mound. The batter freaks and returns to conference with the coach. Sanjo walks her. Now if you don't know, you might panic. Sanjo needs a lot of warm up. And she didn't know the plate umpire. SO...she needed to warm up and teach the umpire her strike zone! The next nine pitches retired the side.
She comes to the plate with two runners on. And launches a rocket over the left-field fence. Game is now 3-1. She returns to the mound and guns down the first three batters. She has now pitched two innings. I had told her NOT to carry a ball, and go nowhere near the mound as she walk onto the field to return to playing third base after they went scoreless at bat.
She must not have heard me...lol. As she approached the mound the Consumes players stood, when they saw the ball in her hand they cheered! Then two steps from the mound, she drops the ball. Points to the Consumes players, shakes her head and points at them.
Next game Sanjo pitches against their star pitcher and is unhittable. But we need to score! One pitch to perhaps the best athlete in NorCal at the time(not Sanjo, but a fellow travel ball player) and Consumes lost their first little league section playoff game ever.

Note Sanjo was born in Japan while I was stationed there in the Navy. Thru HS when I didn't want opposing coaches to know to whom I was speaking and what I was saying I would use my daughters' Japanese names and Japanese phrases.
Like Like x 1 Love Love x 1 View List
Vorresti essere me